#138 5th Round Pat Watkins S FSU

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
One pick in the 4th. And watch, now everyone will be happy with all the other picks they were 'complaining' about so far.

I like this draft so far, wirt the exception of the WR green pick, but I'll take it. That's why I'm on this side of the TV and not in the war room. He could turn out to be BP's Dave Megget type player.

sportsman

Reaction score
This draft basically scores as all starters next season if not Offense/Defense/Special Teams.

Great solid draft.

Chuck 54

Reaction score
wow...that's a tall dude....6'4 1/2"....can he actually cover? What I read was he's going to be a great SPecial Teams guy, but struggles to cover....I guess that's what you have to expect this late in the draft...at least the boy can run...another 4.44 guy at the combine.

Hiero

Reaction score
WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!
i thought this guy was a 2nd or 3rd rder grabbing him in the 5th really makes me feel tons better about skyler green and the DE. now we just need jon scot t and fifita.

Sasquatch

Lost in the Woods
Reaction score
Scotman said:
I don't know the kid, but if you believe the Huddle Report, he's a really good value at this point in the draft.

I'd say landing our starting FS in the fifth round is pretty good value.

adbutcher

K9NME
Reaction score
zrinkill said:
"That coverage ability, along with his size and athletic talent, makes Pat a first day pick. In fact, if a team feels that Pat has the upside that I think he has, some team at the end of the first round just might take a chance and pick him. It’s a bit of a long shot; but like all long shots, it’s a possibility."

Great Pickup ..... Guess Bill still knows what he is doing huh?
It is aberration, he is clueless, lol.

Westcoasthabsfan

Reaction score
Hiero said:
WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!
i thought this guy was a 2nd or 3rd rder grabbing him in the 5th really makes me feel tons better about skyler green and the DE. now we just need jon scot t and fifita.

So much for Scott just got picked by Detroit

jack2

Reaction score
at last a good choice, a need and a projected 2nd -3rd round player, parcells must be out of the room!

canters

Reaction score
The_Jackal said:
I'd say landing our starting FS in the fifth round is pretty good value.

I agree that he will be the starter by the end of the year. He was knocked as not being a great tackler.

He and Carp will be starters in the D.

zrinkill

Cowboy Fan
Reaction score
canters said:
I agree that he will be the starter by the end of the year. He was knocked as not a great tackler.

He and Carp will be starters in the D.

Hey Canter do you feel better now about our safeties?

Strong

Reaction score
I wanted this guy in the third. I am starting to believe in the madness of JJ. Great pickup in the fifth. Just need some more depth on the O line.

Strong.