1st two picks

J12B

Reaction score
Smith is an all pro at LG. Leave him there.

Not sure counting on Bass to then fill the open LG spot is wise.
Why not?

He had a great preseason and he's filled in nicely twice now when needed during the season.

Beaker42

Reaction score
32 Ja'Lynn Polk wr Washington
64 Blake Corum rb Michigan

I like these two guys. Polk is from same high school as Dez. Corum is a great runner and smart too.
We’re picking a little earlier now LOL. :muttley:

Sandyf

Reaction score
Much will depend on free agency but I feel OT in the first is a must and maybe even the 2nd if we address DT and MLB in free agency. RB maybe 3rd round or even 5th would be good. If we keep Cooks at WR, then don't see us taking a WR until 7th or at all. Probably address CB in 3rd though.

1942willys

Reaction score
Much will depend on free agency but I feel OT in the first is a must and maybe even the 2nd if we address DT and MLB in free agency. RB maybe 3rd round or even 5th would be good. If we keep Cooks at WR, then don't see us taking a WR until 7th or at all. Probably address CB in 3rd though.
biggest need on the OL right now is upgrading Center

Risen Star

Likes Collector
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
O-line, D-line or D-line, O-line. Then a big LB.
You can always tell those that don't understand the draft when they talk drafting positions in certain rounds.

We're gonna go DL in the first round and then we have to go OL in the 2nd round.

These people aren't worth the time to read.

Creeper

Reaction score
The Cowboys have to get tougher on both sides of the line. BPA at DT, LB, OL, and possibly edge. Unless someone unexpectedly drop to 24 they have to improve from inside out.

KingintheNorth

Chris in Arizona
Reaction score
The OL depth of this draft dictates that you can get a starting caliber OL with the 24th pick. However, too many fans will misinterpret that as overall depth and suggest just wait until the 2nd round to get your OL. IMO, that's not at all the case, the OL depth falls off a cliff once you get out of the top 50. At 24, you get a five plus year starter. At 56 you are most likely getting Matt Weletzko. If you're lucky, you may get Zach Frazier.

Position-specific draft strategies are how you get Kelvin Joseph and Luke Schoonmaker.

You almost have to subscribe to a pure BPA strategy in the 2nd because the draft never falls exactly the way you think it will. It doesn't help that the Jones are awful at maneuvering up and down the draft.

rambo2

Reaction score
Who ya thinking now
I would like Jackson Powers-Johnson center from Oregon and Sweat dtackle from Texas. Whoever we add, we need stud dtackles from the draft or free agency or both. I'll add whatever they do, they need to hit on.

vlad

Reaction score
two mean LBs please - yes 2. Lord knows we need them.