1st two picks

rambo2

Reaction score
They are reaches for the Cowboys - who have huge holes on the OL in a ridiculously deep OL draft.
They very well could draft an olineman. Just pointing out that you could have an outstanding receiver fall to you at 32.

Sydla

Reaction score
They very well could draft an olineman. Just pointing out that you could have an outstanding receiver fall to you at 32.
I am not sure that kid would be considered "falling" at 32. I've seen many mocks that have him as a non-first rounder. You even noted Brugler has him at 39, so that wouldn't exactly be him falling to us.

Last edited:

rambo2

Reaction score
I am not sure that kid would be considered "falling" at 32. I've seen many mocks that have him as a non-first rounder.
It's very early in the draft process. The receivers I mentioned should be in the top 40 and there will be a lot of receivers in the top 40. A team or teams is going to get lucky with some receiver picks. Like the Vikings did with Jefferson and the Ravens did with Zay Flowers.

Sydla

Reaction score
It's very early in the draft process. The receivers I mentioned should be in the top 40 and there will be a lot of receivers in the top 40. A team or teams is going to get lucky with some receiver picks. Like the Vikings did with Jefferson and the Ravens did with Zay Flowers.
But as you even noted Brugler has him at 39. So technically, to say taking him at 32 would be great because we'd get a very good WR to "fall" to us is a stretch. He easily could actually fall outside the Top 40-50 when Brugler re-does his rankings. So it's not guaranteed the kid shoots up the draft rankings.

rambo2

Reaction score
But as you even noted Brugler has him at 39. So technically, to say taking him at 32 would be great because we'd get a very good WR to "fall" to us is a stretch. He easily could actually fall outside the Top 40-50 when Brugler re-does his rankings. So it's not guaranteed the kid shoots up the draft rankings.
I suspect that all of the receivers I mentioned will be gone before the Cowboys 2nd pick and all of them have the potential of being very good. I also think the running back I mentioned will be long gone by the time the Cowboys pick in the 3rd.

atlantacowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
32 Ja'Lynn Polk wr Washington
64 Blake Corum rb Michigan

I like these two guys. Polk is from same high school as Dez. Corum is a great runner and smart too.
I like Corum in round 2 if he lasts that long. But that first pick has to be OL or Linebacker.

rambo2

Reaction score
I like Corum in round 2 if he lasts that long. But that first pick has to be OL or Linebacker.
It doesn't have to be oline or linebacker. It could be, but it could also be best available player which could be a receiver.

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Excellent value, can replace Gallup.
There will be at least 5 taken before the Cowboys are already on the clock. Not to mention the Cowboys have tons or WR's. I'm not going WR until day 3 and even then I'm not sure even then.

rambo2

Reaction score
There will be at least 5 taken before the Cowboys are already on the clock. Not to mention the Cowboys have tons or WR's. I'm not going WR until day 3 and even then I'm not sure even then.
I'm just pointing out that there be a couple of very good receivers available late in the 1st round. The draft will be interesting as it always is.

cnuball21

Reaction score
I like Corum but wouldn’t be surprised at all if he fell to mid rounds.

He’s a smaller back and I think he’ll run in the 4.5s.

Cowboyny

Reaction score
Of coarse, you cannot forecast what positions become the best available, but I would like to see the Cowboys target: LB, OL, RB with their top 3 selections in no particular order

rambo2

Reaction score
Of coarse, you cannot forecast what positions become the best available, but I would like to see the Cowboys target: LB, OL, RB with their top 3 selections in no particular order
I think that would be a good idea for them to take a running back with their 2nd pick which might be pick 64.

Nova

Ntegrase96
Reaction score
I’m a firm believer that you should take BPA, focusing on the premium positions first (OL, DL, CB)

But if we are going to draft for need, we really need to address LB this year in the first 2 rounds.

rambo2

Reaction score
I’m a firm believer that you should take BPA, focusing on the premium positions first (OL, DL, CB)

But if we are going to draft for need, we really need to address LB this year in the first 2 rounds.
Don't forget about Overshown.