$20 fines for cursing in public

rocboy22

Reaction score
Sam I Am;4589986 said:
We are talking about two different things and you know this. :rolleyes: If we looked at it your way, you could say "hello" to me and I could club you with a bat because I deemed it offensive.

You know exactly what I'm talking about. There are words that everyone knows are considered "vulgar" or "offensive" by the majority of the population.

the majority of the population also used to consider slavery and then "separate but equal" as acceptable. Just because the majority sees things one way, does not make it the right way.

YosemiteSam

Unfriendly and Aloof!
Reaction score
rocboy22;4589992 said:
the majority of the population also used to consider slavery and then "separate but equal" as acceptable. Just because the majority sees things one way, does not make it the right way.

What are you saying? I should club you with a bat for this response you've written?

btw, animated images are not supposed to be allowed in your .sig or as avatars. (unless they've changed that recently)

TheCount

Pixel Pusher
Reaction score
Sam I Am;4589995 said:
What are you saying? I should club you with a bat for this response you've written?

btw, animated images are not supposed to be allowed in your .sig or as avatars. (unless they've changed that recently)

Members policing other members ia also against the rules. :laugh2:

YosemiteSam

Unfriendly and Aloof!
Reaction score
TheCount;4589996 said:
Members policing other members ia also against the rules. :laugh2:

I wasn't policing. I was making him aware. :) I'm not Dallas. :laugh2:

https://lh6.***BROKEN***/-r9PG_fUNXKk/T9Y1U-5kk_I/AAAAAAAAVrk/koj4tGolcNA/w497-h373/IMG_1147.GIF

rocboy22

Reaction score
Sam I Am;4589995 said:

Are you messing with me, or did you really not get what I was saying?

Was not aware on the sig - I figured since it was there and the system allowed me to use it, it was fine. Maybe the rule is for something other than the smilies that are supplied for our use in every post?

YosemiteSam

Unfriendly and Aloof!
Reaction score
rocboy22;4590006 said:
Are you messing with me, or did you really not get what I was saying?

Was not aware on the sig - I figured since it was there and the system allowed me to use it, it was fine. Maybe the rule is for something other than the smilies that are supplied for our use in every post?

Messing with you? I mess with everyone.

As for the .sig. /shrug. I have no idea. Leave it, either a mod will tell you it's not acceptable, or you won't ever hear a thing about it.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
Sam I Am;4590008 said:

As for the .sig. /shrug. I have no idea. Leave it, either a mod will tell you it's not acceptable, or you won't ever hear a thing about it.

You just a mess. :laugh2:

YosemiteSam

Unfriendly and Aloof!
Reaction score
Doomsday101;4590010 said:
You just a mess. :laugh2:

My network.

racks-mess-andrew-mac.jpg

rocboy22

Reaction score
Sam I Am;4590008 said:

you were right, I got slapped.

dez_for_prez

Reaction score
CanadianCowboysFan;4589950 said:
oh please

children hear and say more than any of us ever could, they don't need the protection from bad words some here think they do

It's about respecting other people beliefs. Not every parent wants their child hearing F bombs and whatnot.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
dez_for_prez;4590031 said:
It's about respecting other people beliefs. Not every parent wants their child hearing F bombs and whatnot.

You are right. I use some pretty strong language at times but I'm mindful when kids are around. Hard to go to a Cowboys game sometimes. :laugh2:

Funny as a kid playing sports I learned many bad words from my coaches. :laugh2:

YosemiteSam

Unfriendly and Aloof!
Reaction score
Doomsday101;4590033 said:
Funny as a kid playing sports I learned many bad words from my coaches. :laugh2:

What was your coaches name, Sandusky? :lmao2:

rocboy22

Reaction score
Doomsday101;4590033 said:
You are right. I use some pretty strong language at times but I'm mindful when kids are around. Hard to go to a Cowboys game sometimes. :laugh2:

I knew every swear word there was before I ever had a coach. Older cousin was very informative.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
rocboy22;4590068 said:
I knew every swear word there was before I ever had a coach. Older cousin was very informative.

I knew curse words but coaches helped put them into the proper context. :laugh2:

In high school and college I cussed all the time on the field and was constantly being warned by the refs to tone it down. :laugh2:

Bizwah

Reaction score
It's true that most kids know more cuss words than many adults.

But that still doesn't excuse using that language in front of kids. I agree with many of the others on this board....it's a respect issue.

I know I'm nowhere near the majority on this board, but I hate to hear folks say the Lord's name in vain more than the other cuss words.