20 Questions: 7 - Can Trey Lance Overtake Cooper Rush

nhcowboysfan

Reaction score
If a guy you spent a 4th rounder on can’t beat out Cooper Rush then talent evaluating needs an overhaul .
I agree, which is why Trey should be taking the 2nd most snaps behind Dak. We know what we have in Cooper Rush. If Dak goes down for half a season, it's not like Rush is going to be our savior. Fans point out that Rush went 5-1 that one stretch a couple of season back, but he had a still productive Zeke and a defense to keep us in games. That certainly isn't true now with both our rushing game and rush defense likely to be significantly worse this year.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
Lance will be given every opportunity to be the backup. McCarthy has already said he’ll get most of the preseason snaps. It’s his job for the taking. However, I don’t see them handing him the job if he doesn’t play well. Some fans seem to think the Cowboys will just give them the job no matter what. I don’t see that happening.

blueblood70

Reaction score
We have no idea about Lance.
We are screwed in 2025 if Dak gets a big contract extension, but yet we get the same playoff performance.
That made no sense whatsoever you think that it's just gonna keep being the same thing it's not exactly Prescott's fault we watched the whole team collapse many times over how about this who cares if we have an idea about Trey Lance or not I do know this we won't be singing the playoffs much at all so you can start complaining about how we could barely make 9 games at his best my prediction this is a six win type quarterback and we'll be looking for a new quarterback because we'll be organically tanking because that is what we are complaining about we're making the playoffs 5 out of the last eight years the team has let us down but there's no way we're seeing that kind of production from any other quarterbacks So what would you like to keep worrying about the money which has nothing to do with fandom you're worried about the salary cap and complaining about too many playoff losses versus sucking really bad for the next five years?

I get why fans want more but that doesn't mean better it's coming it could mean far worse is coming for a far longer time you have to have a quarterback like Prescott and again let's stop blaming the quarterback and saying that it's gonna keep happening when we saw this with a lot of quarterbacks it took a better team to get them after year 9 to get their Super Bowl runs..

You acting like keeping Prescott means it's gonna be the exact same finish every single year it's ridiculous nobody knows when that run is finally gonna just click and it happens where the rest of the team comes together including the coaching staff and we end up actually getting to the NFC championship game or further it wouldn't take much more I know that Green Bay loss was a kick in the stomach but all the other losses were by 1 score or less a little bit less mistakes here or there in any phase or by the coaching staff and we probably could have got to an NFC championship game I mean look at this first two playoff games Prescott played very well the defense didn't but hey let's keep saying we're gonna get the same thing out of our quarterback yeah if the same type of team keeps exploding around him in a bad way I should say imploding... I'm not sure what you guys want if you wanna lose for a while and try to rebuild to what to what end so you're saying that five years from now when we finally winning double digits maybe win a division and getting back to the playoffs what if we also are not getting past the second round again? What you're gonna be happy because less of jerryd monies being spent that you happy the cap is more balanced and spread out throughout the bad team you didn't rise after three or four years you'd be right back in this position again if you finally find another guy there's gonna be a whole bunch of group of people that are gonna need to be upgraded at contracts or cut?

Show me how it's any different look at the top 12 quarterbacks look at the money they're making look what they've done in the playoffs which isn't much but they're all still getting paid I don't see the owner slowing down handing contracts to these dudes or worse they're training draft picks for the guys and giving him a new contract and then in like denver's case they decided hey we'll just eat 85 million for what they don't even know what they have up next...

This is par for the course for the league this looks normal to me all teams want what we have because without it you're gonna be bad we're complaining about being a top six team in the league because of playoff losses I get the complaint understand you're thinking you're right about the salary cap like Oh my God Prescott's gonna make too much money to get us only to the second round again versus let's suck really bad for a while because I'll be more happy with sucking as long as we're not overpaying a player because that really matters to fans right?

5Stars

Here comes the Sun...
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
That made no sense whatsoever you think that it's just gonna keep being the same thing it's not exactly Prescott's fault we watched the whole team collapse many times over how about this who cares if we have an idea about Trey Lance or not I do know this we won't be singing the playoffs much at all so you can start complaining about how we could barely make 9 games at his best my prediction this is a six win type quarterback and we'll be looking for a new quarterback because we'll be organically tanking because that is what we are complaining about we're making the playoffs 5 out of the last eight years the team has let us down but there's no way we're seeing that kind of production from any other quarterbacks So what would you like to keep worrying about the money which has nothing to do with fandom you're worried about the salary cap and complaining about too many playoff losses versus sucking really bad for the next five years?

I get why fans want more but that doesn't mean better it's coming it could mean far worse is coming for a far longer time you have to have a quarterback like Prescott and again let's stop blaming the quarterback and saying that it's gonna keep happening when we saw this with a lot of quarterbacks it took a better team to get them after year 9 to get their Super Bowl runs..

You acting like keeping Prescott means it's gonna be the exact same finish every single year it's ridiculous nobody knows when that run is finally gonna just click and it happens where the rest of the team comes together including the coaching staff and we end up actually getting to the NFC championship game or further it wouldn't take much more I know that Green Bay loss was a kick in the stomach but all the other losses were by 1 score or less a little bit less mistakes here or there in any phase or by the coaching staff and we probably could have got to an NFC championship game I mean look at this first two playoff games Prescott played very well the defense didn't but hey let's keep saying we're gonna get the same thing out of our quarterback yeah if the same type of team keeps exploding around him in a bad way I should say imploding... I'm not sure what you guys want if you wanna lose for a while and try to rebuild to what to what end so you're saying that five years from now when we finally winning double digits maybe win a division and getting back to the playoffs what if we also are not getting past the second round again? What you're gonna be happy because less of jerryd monies being spent that you happy the cap is more balanced and spread out throughout the bad team you didn't rise after three or four years you'd be right back in this position again if you finally find another guy there's gonna be a whole bunch of group of people that are gonna need to be upgraded at contracts or cut?

Show me how it's any different look at the top 12 quarterbacks look at the money they're making look what they've done in the playoffs which isn't much but they're all still getting paid I don't see the owner slowing down handing contracts to these dudes or worse they're training draft picks for the guys and giving him a new contract and then in like denver's case they decided hey we'll just eat 85 million for what they don't even know what they have up next...

This is par for the course for the league this looks normal to me all teams want what we have because without it you're gonna be bad we're complaining about being a top six team in the league because of playoff losses I get the complaint understand you're thinking you're right about the salary cap like Oh my God Prescott's gonna make too much money to get us only to the second round again versus let's suck really bad for a while because I'll be more happy with sucking as long as we're not overpaying a player because that really matters to fans right?
Sure...whatever you said!