20 Questions: 7 - Can Trey Lance Overtake Cooper Rush

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
I take away the name and everything, and I see an extremely small sample size with mixed results that provides essentially no value or indication one way or the other.
yeah extremley small sample size that looks like crap. does anything look like a franchise QB? and next lets also say, that no name played on a loaded team. like really loaded team. his 4 game sample size look a lot worse than the first 4 games bryce young played in Carolina and he had zero talent around him.

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
But of course you are bashing him. You certainly don;t appear to be pulling for him.
why am I bashing him? because I point out the facts and the obvious? and not willing to make excuses? pulling for him? if he is a cowboy, I pull for him. of course I do. but I am also realistic.

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
Thsi writer seems to disagree with your assessment:

"An enticing prospect in 2021, Lance had all the tools to be an excellent starter in the NFL. What he lacked, however, was the experience."

https://www.si.com/nfl/cowboys/news/best-dallas-cowboys-player-to-wear-jersey-no-54
he has thrown all of 132 passes in real games in 4 years....wow. he was raw to begin with. needed experience. and in 4 years he got 132!!! fantastic.

https://thelandryhat.com/posts/trey...cerning-update-cowboys-reporters-01j2xs9s8z46

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
Have you not been reading my posts?

I, said, we do not know yet. We need to wait and see.

How many other players, including QB's, struggled, then went to other teams and was very successful?
Maybe not so many QB's as other players, but still it has and can happen.
I don't know. you tell me how many went to other teams and were very successful. the list of those who went to other teams and continued to struggle is much much much longer.

wait and see. but don't hold your breath. its a prayer and hope at this time.

KingCorcoran

Reaction score
And those that say nay about are QB / football experts?

Again:
We do not know enough to say one way or the other.

Dak fans are the ones that seem to not like Trey, and have this, he sucks, attitude.
If the Cowboys want to move on from Dak, that’s fine. Someone else will be the quarterback. In deference to Lance, it would be great to use him in regular season games to find out if he can be a productive NFL quarterback. That 4th round pick isn’t a high price to pay unless Lance never plays. Based on his body of work to date it was a questionable move, at best.

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
Trey will get three auditions in preseason games. The first is in 25 days. Wait and see. :popcorn:

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
If the Cowboys want to move on from Dak, that’s fine. Someone else will be the quarterback. In deference to Lance, it would be great to use him in regular season games to find out if he can be a productive NFL quarterback. That 4th round pick isn’t a high price to pay unless Lance never plays. Based on his body of work to date it was a questionable move, at best.
So what is the big difference in using that 4th to take a flyer on a former #3 overall pick.

Fans have been clamoring for years for Dallas to draft a QB. And said in the 2023 they could be ok with even a 4th pick to Sit and learn .

So Jerry trades for Trey, using a 4th round pick. now they only get him for 2 years, 2023 and 2024. So only a year difference if they selected one in 2023. No difference of selected in 2022.

However all of a sudden they have an issue with that.