2006 1st round pick and/or player for Javon Walker!

dargonking999

DKRandom
Reaction score
sorry but i dont wantto bring a guy into our team who after every season he does good wants to redu his contract, i mean come on, if it took Jerry two games into the seaosn to pay on the greats RB's i history(though not at the time) what makes you think he's gonna pay up the money for this small player, WR come a Dime a Dozen, Javon aint the only WR out there who can great

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
I would trade for Walker. I would not trade a 1st this year but I would be open to a player trade with Ellis or Glover or, perhaps, both. Green Bay was 25th in the league in defense last year. Gbaja-Biamila had a great year with 13 sacks but the next best guy was 4.5. Match Glover with Grady Jackson, replace Kampman with Ellis and all of a sudden, Green bay has a very nice front 4. We would probably have to get more in return but if the GB cap could handle it, this might be a very nice trade.

IMO, Walker has definatly shown that he can produce in this league. We would probably feel the pain this year but in all honesty, I don't see us winning a championship this year anyway. We get Walker and all of a sudden, our offense because extremely potent.

I would do this trade.

dargonking999

DKRandom
Reaction score
ABQCOWBOY said:
IMO, Walker has definatly shown that he can produce in this league. We would probably feel the pain this year but in all honesty, I don't see us winning a championship this year anyway. We get Walker and all of a sudden, our offense because extremely potent.

I would do this trade.

1 Our Offense is not a Pass happy offense, so how woudl we potent when have extacly what we need on Offense, a possesion WR, a great RB and a strong OL, we dont need a player who's gonna want the ball

2 if we cave into his demands then gues what, we're gonna have other players on our team doing the same thing, I'm with the packers, let him hold out trade him if soembody wants him, an example to the rest of the team , play out your contract and if you deserve a better contract then will give it to you.

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
dargonking999 said:
1 Our Offense is not a Pass happy offense, so how woudl we potent when have extacly what we need on Offense, a possesion WR, a great RB and a strong OL, we dont need a player who's gonna want the ball

2 if we cave into his demands then gues what, we're gonna have other players on our team doing the same thing, I'm with the packers, let him hold out trade him if soembody wants him, an example to the rest of the team , play out your contract and if you deserve a better contract then will give it to you.

This is a huge load of BS.

Look at Parcells offenses over the years. He wants balance. Thats what a WR like Walker represents. He wants KJ to be the go to WR but KJ only has so many years left. He wants Glenn to be the slot guy. He doesn't want Glenn to be a 100 catch guy. You bring in a Walker and that kind of talent demands a double team. That opens up KJ and Glenn. It means that you must play your LBs deeper because you can't bring a safty up to help on him. Witten and KJ will eat you up if you don't play your LBs to respect them. You can't play 8 man fronts because you would have a serious deep threat WR on the outside and a slot guy who could also burn you deep. It balances out the field.

I always want guys who want the ball. I have no use for guys who do not always want the ball. EOS

This WR wants a long term deal. He's getting paid half a million to be a top 3 WR in the NFL. We're talking about a 6-3, 215 pound WR with speed who has proven he can catch anything. His demands are not really that uncalled for IMO. This is not a TO situation in my mind. He's also a Texas boy. He played college ball at FSU. I'm sure he would rather play in Dallas rather then in the sunny confines of Green Bay. Add to that, his QB is short for the road. He will be breaking in a new QB with in a year or so. I'm sure he's not looking forward to that. If he comes to Dallas, he might have to do the same thing but the progress of the young QBs would be further along and the offense would be much better.

dargonking999

DKRandom
Reaction score
ABQCOWBOY said:
This is a huge load of BS.

Look at Parcells offenses over the years. He wants balance. Thats what a WR like Walker represents. He wants KJ to be the go to WR but KJ only has so many years left. He wants Glenn to be the slot guy. He doesn't want Glenn to be a 100 catch guy. You bring in a Walker and that kind of talent demands a double team. That opens up KJ and Glenn. It means that you must play your LBs deeper because you can't bring a safty up to help on him. Witten and KJ will eat you up if you don't play your LBs to respect them. You can't play 8 man fronts because you would have a serious deep threat WR on the outside and a slot guy who could also burn you deep. It balances out the field.

I always want guys who want the ball. I have no use for guys who do not always want the ball. EOS

This WR wants a long term deal. He's getting paid half a million to be a top 3 WR in the NFL. We're talking about a 6-3, 215 pound WR with speed who has proven he can catch anything. His demands are not really that uncalled for IMO. This is not a TO situation in my mind. He's also a Texas boy. He played college ball at FSU. I'm sure he would rather play in Dallas rather then in the sunny confines of Green Bay. Add to that, his QB is short for the road. He will be breaking in a new QB with in a year or so. I'm sure he's not looking forward to that. If he comes to Dallas, he might have to do the same thing but the progress of the young QBs would be further along and the offense would be much better.

He was a not a top 3 WR last year, he profited off of Greenbay being a Passy Happy team, he had one great season, and one good season, i dont care about the owners have all the power, if he was so good, then why not play out your contract and make them pay you more, instead of holding out of TC because TO is doing it, I tired of going and getting other teams problems and then trying to bring them here to what give them what they want? Please.. give me a break

dargonking999

DKRandom
Reaction score
ANd second arent we suppose to be breaking in a new QB here in dallas to, so hmm let me if he doesnt want to do it on Green bay with a QB who actaully came straight from College, and not spent years playing baseball and trying to change how he throws the ball, then why woudl he want to do it here?

Dallas4ever

Reaction score
dargonking999 said:
sorry but i dont wantto bring a guy into our team who after every season he does good wants to redu his contract, i mean come on, if it took Jerry two games into the seaosn to pay on the greats RB's i history(though not at the time) what makes you think he's gonna pay up the money for this small player, WR come a Dime a Dozen, Javon aint the only WR out there who can great

I agree with the point that receivers are a dime a dozen, but not the one's who have size speed and proven ability to make plays. Greenbay was a more balanced team than what some might give them credit for. The Cowboys are obviously looking to win sooner than later so it makes sense to continue down this path at this point. A rookie wideout next year is not gonna all of a sudden put you in contention, but Walker might this year. The NFL is about "getting while the getting" is good. A deal for Walker would make a pretty good offense into a very dangerous one.

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
dargonking999 said:
He was a not a top 3 WR last year, he profited off of Greenbay being a Passy Happy team, he had one great season, and one good season, i dont care about the owners have all the power, if he was so good, then why not play out your contract and make them pay you more, instead of holding out of TC because TO is doing it, I tired of going and getting other teams problems and then trying to bring them here to what give them what they want? Please.. give me a break

www.nfl.com

According to this, he was.

1. M. Muhammad CAR 1405
2. J. Horn NO 1399
3. J. Walker GB 1382
4. T. Holt STL 1372
5. I. Bruce STL 1292

He's a WR going into his 4th season. Why don't you tell me how many great WRs had a "Great Year and Good Year" in there first three seasons.

The rest is your personal opinion and honestly, it's rediculous. No point in getting into an argument over things that are clearly matters of opinion only.

There now, there's your break.

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
dargonking999 said:
ANd second arent we suppose to be breaking in a new QB here in dallas to, so hmm let me if he doesnt want to do it on Green bay with a QB who actaully came straight from College, and not spent years playing baseball and trying to change how he throws the ball, then why woudl he want to do it here?

I clearly addressed this in my earlier post. However, since it appears you have a propencity to read only what you want, I will go over this again.

I think this could be the last year for Favre. Normally, when a great QB retires, the next QB doesn't fair well. All you need do is look down through the history of the league to see this as truth. Here in Dallas, I think Bledsoe will have 1 to 2 more seasons, maybe more. When he hangs them up, either Henson or Romo will have a good 2 or 3 seasons of learning under there belts. This should make them better prepaired to come in and play. The learning curve should not be as steep. In addition, the offense in Dallas is, IMO, better then the one he would be playing in if he stayed in Green Bay. I just think that the situation for him, would be better here.

The30YardSlant

Benched
Reaction score
Id give a second rounder and an average player, or a good player for Walker. He is not an elite receiver by anystretch however.

dargonking999

DKRandom
Reaction score
ABQCOWBOY said:
I clearly addressed this in my earlier post. However, since it appears you have a propencity to read only what you want, I will go over this again.

I think this could be the last year for Favre. Normally, when a great QB retires, the next QB doesn't fair well. All you need do is look down through the history of the league to see this as truth. Here in Dallas, I think Bledsoe will have 1 to 2 more seasons, maybe more. When he hangs them up, either Henson or Romo will have a good 2 or 3 seasons of learning under there belts. This should make them better prepaired to come in and play. The learning curve should not be as steep. In addition, the offense in Dallas is, IMO, better then the one he would be playing in if he stayed in Green Bay. I just think that the situation for him, would be better here.

Blesoe is only here for one year, and Yards mean nothgin, stats mean nothing, He wasnt a top 3 WR in my books, he was greatly helped by the packers always throwing, If Walker can keep his prduction at this high of a level for the next two or three years, then yea he's worth frist round pciks and a player, but now, he's unproven, and 3 WR come a dime a Dozen first rounds picks are always valuable

Future

Intramural Legend
Reaction score
strongarmqb said:
Just because Walker wants more money, doesnt mean he's selfish.
QUOTE]

if i read this thread right, didnt it say somewhere that he is only making .5mil this year?

if thats the case, a guy that makes 88 catches deserves more than that IMO. Even though he only did it once.

dargonking999

DKRandom
Reaction score
TheFuture21 said:
strongarmqb said:
Just because Walker wants more money, doesnt mean he's selfish.
QUOTE]

if i read this thread right, didnt it say somewhere that he is only making .5mil this year?

if thats the case, a guy that makes 88 catches deserves more than that IMO. Even though he only did it once.

so why cant he wait till contract year, why cant he ask for an extension go out play and atend TC, why does he have to mkae a big scene adn say he wont play, see what i fail to realize is that how can my dad raise me by himself without making 30,000 year for 16 years, but this guy cant make .5 mil for a year or two and prove himself and get an extension?

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
dargonking999 said:
Blesoe is only here for one year, and Yards mean nothgin, stats mean nothing, He wasnt a top 3 WR in my books, he was greatly helped by the packers always throwing, If Walker can keep his prduction at this high of a level for the next two or three years, then yea he's worth frist round pciks and a player, but now, he's unproven, and 3 WR come a dime a Dozen first rounds picks are always valuable

Your trying to muddy the water here. How do you define a top WR?

Jerry Rice is the best WR of all time. I think most can agree with that. He played in the same type of offense.

The guy had the third most yards of any receiver in the NFL. That's not enough of an indicator? OK, of the top 5 WRs (yards) he had the best YPC at 15.5. He had 12 TDs as well. Of the top 5 WRs, only Muhammad had more with 16. He caught 89 balls. That's not to bad. I think it's interesting that you say Green Bay was pass happy. Did you know that GB was 10th in rushing last year? The year before that, they were 3rd. I think your talking to talk. The facts don't support your claims.

Exactly where is it that your getting your 1st round picks from? I did not say I was in favor of trading next years first for Walker. In fact, I think I said just the opposite. Are you reading these posts? It is my opinion that Glover and Ellis will be short for the road. I would expect both to be gone by next season. If we could put a trade together that helps us move there salaries and still get a player of need, I don't see how that could be a bad deal.

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
dargonking999 said:
TheFuture21 said:
so why cant he wait till contract year, why cant he ask for an extension go out play and atend TC, why does he have to mkae a big scene adn say he wont play, see what i fail to realize is that how can my dad raise me by himself without making 30,000 year for 16 years, but this guy cant make .5 mil for a year or two and prove himself and get an extension?

All well and good but if Walker is worth more, why would GB even allow it to get to this point? Walker is turning into a top WR. Why not re-negotiate his contract now. It's not like he hasn't earned his rookie contract already. Next year, he's an FA. His contract is up. Why take the risk to begin with? I'm sorry your dad made 30k a year for 16 years. This guy is worth much more then 500K a year. Why shouldn't he get paid the going rate if he's worth it?

Chuck 54

Reaction score
Dallas4ever said:
While listening to the NFL network, it was reported that Packers sent a letter to Javon Walker stating that they would not consider re-doing his contract until next year. Walker is scheduled to make a 1/2 million dollars in this final year of his rookie contract. Walker has responded by saying that he would holdout until he has a new deal or is traded.
Should the Cowboys inquire about walker to see what it would take to obtain him in trade or wait until next year to draft a receiver? If it would take a 2006 1st round pick and or a player, should the Boys make a deal for him?
You couldn't acquire Jevon Walker for a 1st round pick....no way.

InDakWeTrust

DezBRomo9
Reaction score
ABQCOWBOY said:
Your trying to muddy the water here. How do you define a top WR?

Jerry Rice is the best WR of all time. I think most can agree with that. He played in the same type of offense.

The guy had the third most yards of any receiver in the NFL. That's not enough of an indicator? OK, of the top 5 WRs (yards) he had the best YPC at 15.5. He had 12 TDs as well. Of the top 5 WRs, only Muhammad had more with 16. He caught 89 balls. That's not to bad. I think it's interesting that you say Green Bay was pass happy. Did you know that GB was 10th in rushing last year? The year before that, they were 3rd. I think your talking to talk. The facts don't support your claims.

Exactly where is it that your getting your 1st round picks from? I did not say I was in favor of trading next years first for Walker. In fact, I think I said just the opposite. Are you reading these posts? It is my opinion that Glover and Ellis will be short for the road. I would expect both to be gone by next season. If we could put a trade together that helps us move there salaries and still get a player of need, I don't see how that could be a bad deal.

Although Glover and Ellis might leave Dallas after this year. Do you really think BP is going to load up on WR's to make a run for the SB this year? hell No. As much as I would like to see Walker wearing the star, BP wouldn't put his trust in at least 3 rookies on Defense. If we trade for him, IMO we are gearing up for SB contention next year.

Compacity

Benched
Reaction score
NOT FOR GREG ELLIS!... Greg Ellis has a motor that doesn't stop he can be very consistent around a good cast of players... La'Roi Glover, Al Singleton, and a 4th Round should do it....or Leo Carson, Al Singleton, and a 2nd Round....for Javon Walker...I like La'Roi Glover too... and I believe if they getting a lot of playing time they shouldn't trip...

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
joshjwc9 said:
Although Glover and Ellis might leave Dallas after this year. Do you really think BP is going to load up on WR's to make a run for the SB this year? hell No. As much as I would like to see Walker wearing the star, BP wouldn't put his trust in at least 3 rookies on Defense. If we trade for him, IMO we are gearing up for SB contention next year.

Aquiring a WR like Walker would not be a move designed to load up for the Super Bowl this year. I would view this type of move as addressing a huge need, long term. I would agree that it would have huge ramifications, short term, on the offensive side of the ball but defensively we would feel the pain. I acknowledged this earlier. Having said that, I don't see the issue. It has been made painfully clear over the last few days, Ellis is not that good a player. Glover is getting older. Both will probably be gone next year either way. Why not get a top 3 type WR in trade? Makes sense to me.

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
Compacity said:
NOT FOR GREG ELLIS!... Greg Ellis has a motor that doesn't stop he can be very consistent around a good cast of players... La'Roi Glover, Al Singleton, and a 4th Round should do it....or Leo Carson, Al Singleton, and a 2nd Round....for Javon Walker...I like La'Roi Glover too... and I believe if they getting a lot of playing time they shouldn't trip...

Why would GB trade for Singleton? They don't need LBs. They need DLs who can rush the passer. If they would take Singleton, that would be great but I can't see why they would give up a talent like Walker for our scrubbs. Wishful thinking added to an already, somewhat wishful trade scenario.