2006 1st round pick and/or player for Javon Walker!

strongarmqb

Reaction score
so why cant he wait till contract year, why cant he ask for an extension go out play and atend TC, why does he have to mkae a big scene adn say he wont play, see what i fail to realize is that how can my dad raise me by himself without making 30,000 year for 16 years, but this guy cant make .5 mil for a year or two and prove himself and get an extension?

You arent comparing apples to apples. Your fathers situation was way different.

If it was you, i dont think you would be willing to pay the price for another year and put out great production, then leave it up to their good graces as to whether they want to give you a better deal.

The bottom line is, the players have to swing the hammer when they have the leverage. Because the owners sure dont mind doing it when they have the leverage.

dargonking999

DKRandom
Reaction score
strongarmqb said:
You arent comparing apples to apples. Your fathers situation was way different.

If it was you, i dont think you would be willing to pay the price for another year and put out great production, then leave it up to their good graces as to whether they want to give you a better deal.

The bottom line is, the players have to swing the hammer when they have the leverage. Because the owners sure dont mind doing it when they have the leverage.

If he's worth so much money, then why not go behind closed doors and try and renegotiate his contract, hey how about insterad of following TO, how about gates, yea how many of ya'll have heard about gates, He's trying to get a longer contract himself but do you see his name in the headlines about holding out, nope he's been out voluntary workouts, and he's gonna attend TC, instead of rasing a big scene and making all of this fuss and putting the orginzation under the sportlight like TO, he could have just been like Gates, he's not right in the way he's doing this, I woudl have no problem asking for more money if, he went a bout it the right way, not trying to force them to pay you, Like i siad WR come a dime a dozen the packers arent gonna be hurt because he's gone, that just means they can bring in young WR and groom him,

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
dargonking999 said:
If he's worth so much money, then why not go behind closed doors and try and renegotiate his contract, hey how about insterad of following TO, how about gates, yea how many of ya'll have heard about gates, He's trying to get a longer contract himself but do you see his name in the headlines about holding out, nope he's been out voluntary workouts, and he's gonna attend TC, instead of rasing a big scene and making all of this fuss and putting the orginzation under the sportlight like TO, he could have just been like Gates, he's not right in the way he's doing this, I woudl have no problem asking for more money if, he went a bout it the right way, not trying to force them to pay you, Like i siad WR come a dime a dozen the packers arent gonna be hurt because he's gone, that just means they can bring in young WR and groom him,

I find it interesting that you would assume Walker has not tried to do this the right way. If I'm not mistaken, this business of renegotiation started after last season. The Packers have had 6 months to get something in place. Sometimes, this is what it takes. I'm not saying the club is wrong to take this stance. I'm saying this stance could eventually cause a rift wide enough to end this associations. A team can play hard ball but it has to be ready to deal with the consiquences of this decision. Walker will be an FA next year. If the Packers elect not to sign him now, chances are that his contract demands will be even greater next season. The fact that the packers are not willing to pay him now would suggest that they really aren't going to pay him next year either. The drafting of a WR Terrance Murphy in the 2nd would seem to support this.

Pay me now, pay me later.

CosmicCowboy

Reaction score
Westcoasthabsfan said:
I would be all over this but I have a feeling the Pack wouldnt though

Yep, your right...it was just a thought...I, really think we'll be OK with our wr's.

dargonking999

DKRandom
Reaction score
ABQCOWBOY said:
I find it interesting that you would assume Walker has not tried to do this the right way. If I'm not mistaken, this business of renegotiation started after last season. The Packers have had 6 months to get something in place. Sometimes, this is what it takes. I'm not saying the club is wrong to take this stance. I'm saying this stance could eventually cause a rift wide enough to end this associations. A team can play hard ball but it has to be ready to deal with the consiquences of this decision. Walker will be an FA next year. If the Packers elect not to sign him now, chances are that his contract demands will be even greater next season. The fact that the packers are not willing to pay him now would suggest that they really aren't going to pay him next year either. The drafting of a WR Terrance Murphy in the 2nd would seem to support this.

Pay me now, pay me later.

so you want to bid for him now, givng up players and or draft picks, instead of waiting and just dishing out the money we're gonna have to dihs out when he becomes a FA? If that is the case then wait for him to get released and then put a bid for him then,

why give up a couple less pennies, plus our best Defense player the past 5 years, and/or draft picks, when we can just sign him at FA, if he really wants ot play for us and we give a a good deal then he will come to us.

Tristan

Reaction score
Did any one watch the Dallas G.B. game last year? J. Walker is a phenominal WR, IMO he has helped Favre much more than Favre has helped him, Farve just throws it up there and J.W. brings it in. Walker would give us the home run threat we have been missing since Irvin, I know Irvin wasn't a speed guy, but he was dangerous deep because of his ability to always come down with the ball even when covered. J.W. has this same asset. I also think many here are over rating Ellis's value. We would be lucky to get a third round pick for him. Javon Walker is a first round pick who has proven to be a good one, and he is still very young. I would trade next years first for a sure thing WR a year early, and yes I would throw in a player worth a third or fourth round pick who dosen't fit in long term to make it happen. Would be a huge aqcuasition for the future of our franchise, and make us an instant S.B. contender IMO.

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
dargonking999 said:
so you want to bid for him now, givng up players and or draft picks, instead of waiting and just dishing out the money we're gonna have to dihs out when he becomes a FA? If that is the case then wait for him to get released and then put a bid for him then,

why give up a couple less pennies, plus our best Defense player the past 5 years, and/or draft picks, when we can just sign him at FA, if he really wants ot play for us and we give a a good deal then he will come to us.

Tell me, how do you know what the money is that will be required to sign him in open FA?

I got a news flash for you here. If he gets to the open market, he will cost more. The idea is to prevent him from becoming an FA and sign him to a long term deal now.

As for giving up our two best Defensive players, that was done when we decided to go to a 3-4. Neither of these guys is going to give the kind of productivity they've given in the past, in a 34 defense. Come 06, were not going to get much for them because everybody is going to know that we're not going to pay the big contracts on these guys to be door stops in a 34 defense. Basically, we'll get very little to practically nothing for them.

I mean, surely you know this.

How old are you?

dargonking999

DKRandom
Reaction score
ABQCOWBOY said:
Tell me, how do you know what the money is that will be required to sign him in open FA?

I got a news flash for you here. If he gets to the open market, he will cost more. The idea is to prevent him from becoming an FA and sign him to a long term deal now.

As for giving up our two best Defensive players, that was done when we decided to go to a 3-4. Neither of these guys is going to give the kind of productivity they've given in the past, in a 34 defense. Come 06, were not going to get much for them because everybody is going to know that we're not going to pay the big contracts on these guys to be door stops in a 34 defense. Basically, we'll get very little to practically nothing for them.

I mean, surely you know this.

How old are you?

Who said we're going to 3-4 full time in any season, who said what D we're gonna run, who siad how effective these guys will be, you dont know anything about how these players will be used TC hasnt even opened,

and guess what you dont if his contracts demands are gonna go up because you dont even know what they are, if he wants to get paid like a top 3 WR ytou say he is, then what he's gonna wannna get paid like the top 2 WR the top 1 WR when FA opens, he wants big money, he's gonna get it one way or another, i'd rather wait till FA and not lose Defenseive players and draft picks

and if you wanna know go look it up i have a profile you know

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
dargonking999 said:
WHo said we're going to 3-4 full time in any season, who said what D we're gonna run, who siad how effective these guys will be, you dot know anytihng about the future dont come at me act like you know what's gonna happen TC hasnt even opened, and guess what you dont if his contacts demands are ogna go up because you dont even know what they are, if he wants to ge tpaid like a top 3 WR ytou say he is, then what he's gonna wannna get paid like the top2 WR the top 1 WR when FA opens, you dont know anytihng of the future so please, dont act like you do

I will try to respond to this once you have actaully written it up in English. Get your self under control here and edit your post.

I think I know, more or less, your age now. No need to look up the profile. Thanks for nothing there bud.

Eskimo

Reaction score
I'd give up Ellis, their choice of any WR on our roster, plus a 3rd rounder for Walker. They get to recoup a WR, strengthen their D and get a future draft choice. Dallas gets their first #1 WR since Mike's injury.

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
dargonking999 said:
Who said we're going to 3-4 full time in any season, who said what D we're gonna run, who siad how effective these guys will be, you dont know anything about how these players will be used TC hasnt even opened,

and guess what you dont if his contracts demands are gonna go up because you dont even know what they are, if he wants to get paid like a top 3 WR ytou say he is, then what he's gonna wannna get paid like the top 2 WR the top 1 WR when FA opens, he wants big money, he's gonna get it one way or another, i'd rather wait till FA and not lose Defenseive players and draft picks

If we play 4-3, I think it's pretty clear that it will only be till such time as we become proficiant in the 34. Regardless, this is really not about scheme as much as it is about economics. Where Ellis and Glover are concerned, there roles will continue to diminoush, in either scheme, as our young players come along. We are not going to pay them several million dollars a season to play 50% of the defensive snaps. Especially in a 34. It's commen sense. Both those players will be gone soon. Better to get value for them now, while the opportunity might be there.

As for Walker, doesn't really matter what his contractual terms are. If he hits FA, they will be driven up by the market value. This is simple economics. Supply and demand drives price.

Why wouldn't you want to disclose your age? If I know how old you are, it helps to relate to you on like terms. I am 40. Now that you know that, perhaps it helps to understand terms of communication better.

dargonking999

DKRandom
Reaction score
ABQCOWBOY said:
If we play 4-3, I think it's pretty clear that it will only be till such time as we become proficiant in the 34. Regardless, this is really not about scheme as much as it is about economics. Where Ellis and Glover are concerned, there roles will continue to diminoush, in either scheme, as our young players come along. We are not going to pay them several million dollars a season to play 50% of the defensive snaps. Especially in a 34. It's commen sense. Both those players will be gone soon. Better to get value for them now, while the opportunity might be there.

As for Walker, doesn't really matter what his contractual terms are. If he hits FA, they will be driven up by the market value. This is simple economics. Supply and demand drives price.

Why wouldn't you want to disclose your age? If I know how old you are, it helps to relate to you on like terms. I am 40. Now that you know that, perhaps it helps to understand terms of communication better.

there playing time will decrease yes, better there calue no, do you remeber the times of the early 90s when we had Lett on thebench shoudl we have traded hima way then because he wasnt used all the time, granted it was the saame sheme yes, but he was still there cause he could still contribute, once ellis and glover see the effects i am more than willing to bet that will be happy.

Now your supply and Deman, look at this years dradt look at next year's draft, who's gonna wanna pay huge amounts of money for a nig name WR, Det has three Minn most teams in the league have good WR, the ones that dont dont ahve the moeny for him, there wont be a high demand for him, cause if there was dont you think teams would be trying to trade for him, WR's arent a hot commdity, look James,and Alexander he value of RB and WR in this league are diminshing because you can always find them in the drafts, DE, DT, those guy are harder to find look how long we've been trying, I say keep the players we have and see what happens in FA

and i dont want ot disclose my age, because my dad always said keep everything on a Need to know basis, this isnt need to know,

Joe a Cowboys fan

Reaction score
Jevon Walker is a 2 #1 pick trade if GB was of a mind to trade him and I do not think they are that stupid. Jerry was burned so bad doing a 2 #1 pick trade once before I do not see JJ doing this. The Bill has never had a wide open offence so I don't see him doing this. This is one of those fantasy foot ball posts isn't it?

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
dargonking999 said:
there playing time will decrease yes, better there calue no, do you remeber the times of the early 90s when we had Lett on thebench shoudl we have traded hima way then because he wasnt used all the time, granted it was the saame sheme yes, but he was still there cause he could still contribute, once ellis and glover see the effects i am more than willing to bet that will be happy.

Now your supply and Deman, look at this years dradt look at next year's draft, who's gonna wanna pay huge amounts of money for a nig name WR, Det has three Minn most teams in the league have good WR, the ones that dont dont ahve the moeny for him, there wont be a high demand for him, cause if there was dont you think teams would be trying to trade for him, WR's arent a hot commdity, look James,and Alexander he value of RB and WR in this league are diminshing because you can always find them in the drafts, DE, DT, those guy are harder to find look how long we've been trying, I say keep the players we have and see what happens in FA

and i dont want ot disclose my age, because my dad always said keep everything on a Need to know basis, this isnt need to know,

The example you use with Lett is not relivant. In the Super Bowl years, the cap had not come into play yet. In those days, you could sit players on the bench. Now, you can't.

We don't know that teams aren't interested in trading for Walker, if Green Bay elects to intertain trade offers, I suspect they will get interest. If you think WRs are not valuable in the NFL, I would recommend you look at the last 8 to 10 drafts or so.

In 96, 11 WRs were taken. 5 in the 1st and 6 in the 2nd.

In 97, 8 WRs were taken. 4 in the 1st and 4 in the 2nd.

In 98, 10 WRs were taken. 3 in the 1st and 7 in the 2nd.

In 99, 5 WRs were taken. 3 in the 1st and 7 in the 2nd.

In 00, 8 WRs were taken. 5 in the 1st and 3 in the 2nd.

In 01, 10 WRs taken. 6 in the 1st and 4 in the 2nd.

In 02, 11 WRs taken. 3 in the 1st and 8 in the 2nd.

In 03, 8 WRs taken. 3 in the 1st and 5 in the 2nd.

In 04, 10 WRs taken. 7 in the 1st and 3 in the 2nd.

In 05, 10 WRs taken. 5 in the 1st and 5 in the 2nd.

Over the last 9 years, 91 WRs have been selected. That's just over 10 a year in the first two rounds. 44 1st round or almost 5 1st round picks a year and 47 2nds or just over 5 a year. This has been going on for almost 10 years. This would suggest that teams are drafting WRs high and it's not going to stop. It also suggests that all the WRs being drafted are not panning out. All the more reason to get a proven commodity if you can.

Bottom line, Ellis and Glover will be of no value to us in the next few years, IMO. Better to get a good young WR that can be a franchise type player for you if the opportunity presents itself.

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
Joe a Cowboys fan said:
Jevon Walker is a 2 #1 pick trade if GB was of a mind to trade him and I do not think they are that stupid. Jerry was burned so bad doing a 2 #1 pick trade once before I do not see JJ doing this. The Bill has never had a wide open offence so I don't see him doing this. This is one of those fantasy foot ball posts isn't it?

It could be but consider this, if Walker is serious about not playing, he could hold out until the 8th game of the season. Basically, GB would have 8 games of his services and then he would be an UFA. If they allow that to happen, they might have to use a franchise tag on him, which would expose somebody else. On the other hand, they do need help on the DL. If they were to add Glover and Ellis, that would give them a really nice DL.

I don't believe this would happen but I could see where it might be an option for them.