2006 Draft, Name to Remember

CM Duck

I'm breaking the 4th wall...
Reaction score
50cent said:
Okay, here goes!
I still wouldn't be surprised to see Venitiari to sign either or a LB to be drafted early. Well see!

I thought Venitiari signed long term with the patties during the offseason?

I would love to get one of Ohio State's LB. I think their numbers are 42 and 47. Big guys with big motors. These 2 basically look like twins, all the way up to their long blonde hair.

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
Tuna Helper said:
Yes I did. I agree with Hostile here, we really need Landry. Having been a long time LSU homer, I have watched this kid develop into a top FS. My fear is that New England or Miami will draft him ahead of us. Saban brought Landry to LSU, and we all know how much Belichick loves LSU defensive players.
Both of those teams need LBs. Hope they realize it and leave him alone.

Tuna Helper

Benched
Reaction score
Hostile said:
Both of those teams need LBs. Hope they realize it and leave him alone.

This is true, but it depends on how "need" and "value" match up when they pick. Most teams seem to draft the best player available in the early rounds, with the exception of a few head scratchers (Dallas used to be one of them).

I am not sure if Landry will go in the first round. My gut tells me that he would be picked early in the 2nd, but I've been wrong before.

New England lost SS Rodney Harrison this year, and after watching Landry the last several years, I know he can play both SS and FS. Harrison is no spring chicken, so I can see the Patriots going after Landry.

Miami definitely needs LB, but if Landry ranks higher on their draft board than a given LB, then they could pick him as well.

The run of LSU players that the Cowboys have been drafting is interesting. Despite the relatively close proximity to Dallas (6-7 hour drive from Baton Rouge), the Cowboys did not have a history of drafting players from LSU. In fact, the first player the Cowboys ever drafted out of LSU was David Lafleur (TE) in 1997. We all know how that went.

LSUAmy

Marcus Spears' #1 Fan
Reaction score
Hostile--- as much as I would LOVE to see LaRon in Dallas... I sure hope it will be in 2007, not 2006. We want him to stay very badly for his senior year, and I sure hope he does!

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
LSUAmy said:
Hostile--- as much as I would LOVE to see LaRon in Dallas... I sure hope it will be in 2007, not 2006. We want him to stay very badly for his senior year, and I sure hope he does!
You can't have him Amy. There's a spot for him with his number written all over it.

I can understand why Tigers fans wouldn't want him to declare.

Nice to see you around these parts again. Been too long.

MarionBarberThe4th

Reaction score
Whats with all the Tigers we have?

Think Bill knows Saban coahced them right?

Hopefully we could have 3 starting in the near future, and with Landry, maybe a 4th

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
MarionBarberThe4th said:
Whats with all the Tigers we have?

Think Bill knows Saban coahced them right?

Hopefully we could have 3 starting in the near future, and with Landry, maybe a 4th
Who's the 3rd? Peterman?

MarionBarberThe4th

Reaction score
Yea. an LSU fan I know said theres a chance he could develop into a starter, but needs work on technique

Hiero

Reaction score
definitely wouldnt complain. we do need a good cover safety.

jterrell

Penguinite
Reaction score
Hostile said:
LSU Free safety Laron Landry would be a great addition. If you haven't seen him you need to. He's #30 and he is just a ball hawk. He nearly picked off a pass to end the game. Then 2 plays later he did it. He's around the ball just about every pass play.

I think he's the best coverage Safety I have seen in the last 10 years.

Bring a Landry back to Dallas.
I have been trying to get Ali Landry without much luck. I guess this guy would do:)

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
jterrell said:
I have been trying to get Ali Landry without much luck. I guess this guy would do:)
You have good taste but your expectations are a bit high.

:grin:

Nors

Benched
Reaction score
He's a thought if on the board in 4th round. May not have athletecism/speed to play FS in NFL. Sounds more like a SS

Dawan Landry
S, Georgia Tech
6-217 4.60
War Room analysis
Strengths: Has good size and a muscular build. Is a punishing hitter who plays with a mean streak. Never stops hustling, and is an excellent open-field tackler. Shows tremendous instincts, sees the field well, takes good angles to the ball and shows a great closing burst. Shows good ball skills. Is effective in the box, and is an effective blitzer.

Weaknesses: Lacks the speed to stay with fast receivers. Lacks elite athleticism to recover quickly from mistakes. Can get fooled by play-action fakes, and must develop better discipline.

Bottom line: Landry, a versatile athlete who began college as a quarterback, has been the starter at free safety since midway through his sophomore season. If he can improve his 40 time and show better athleticism at postseason workouts, Landry could move up draft boards. If not, he'll be a mid-Day 2 pick.

MarionBarberThe4th

Reaction score
Strengths: Has good size and a muscular build. Is a punishing hitter who plays with a mean streak. Never stops hustling, and is an excellent open-field tackler. Shows tremendous instincts, sees the field well, takes good angles to the ball and shows a great closing burst. Shows good ball skills. Is effective in the box, and is an effective blitzer.

Weaknesses: Lacks the speed to stay with fast receivers. Lacks elite athleticism to recover quickly from mistakes. Can get fooled by play-action fakes, and must develop better discipline.

Sounds a lot like a guy we already have opposite roy

Nors

Benched
Reaction score
I want a big, fast FS that can cover serious ground and make plays.

Look for big CB that can/has played Safety as well

LSUAmy

Marcus Spears' #1 Fan
Reaction score
Hostile said:
You can't have him Amy. There's a spot for him with his number written all over it.

I can understand why Tigers fans wouldn't want him to declare.

Nice to see you around these parts again. Been too long.

Nice to see you too! I lurk occasionally... just been so darn busy with school that I haven't had the chance to post much. I'll pick up my posting frequency during the Christmas break, ha.

Hiero

Reaction score
why would we want this guy? Hes exactly what we dont need. Ill take Laron Landry thanks.

Nors said:
He's a thought if on the board in 4th round. May not have athletecism/speed to play FS in NFL. Sounds more like a SS

Dawan Landry
S, Georgia Tech
6-217 4.60
War Room analysis

Bottom line: Landry, a versatile athlete who began college as a quarterback, has been the starter at free safety since midway through his sophomore season. If he can improve his 40 time and show better athleticism at postseason workouts, Landry could move up draft boards. If not, he'll be a mid-Day 2 pick.

5mics

Next Year's Champions
Reaction score
Rush 2112 said:
I just can't ever see BP using a #1 or a lot of FA money on a FS.

Having said that, if he did, the guy would look and play like a Landry/Blue combo.

Where ever the next Woodson is, that's the guy.
True BUT FS is an immediate need. If we pick a FS w/ our #1, he's an immediate starter. Would cement our secondary. I hope we do pick a FS w/ our #1 but I'd rather have Michael Huff instead. Landry would be my 2nd choice..... :cool: