2010 Winter Olympics

kmp77

Reaction score
USA! USA!

5-3!! Now that was an exciting game to watch. The goalie, Miller, was amazing.

CowboysFan02

Degree or Bust
Reaction score
kmp77;3284099 said:
USA! USA!

5-3!! Now that was an exciting game to watch. The goalie, Miller, was amazing.

Yeah that was a great game from start to finish, I just wish they would have showed the game on NBC on the MSNBC so I could have seen it in HD.

jimmy40

Reaction score
WoodysGirl;3283794 said:
e REAL medal count: Germany ahead of U.S.
By Chris Chase
ept_sports_oly_experts-581683889-1266611657.jpg

What's the key to the United States putting on its best performance in Winter Olympic history? According to the Winter Games debut of Fourth-Place Medal's "real" medal count, it has a lot to do with judged sports.

When throwing out the results of all events tainted by the influence of judges, the U.S. loses its commanding lead in the medal count to Germany. This stands in stark contrast to the Beijing Games, when the United States moved ahead of China in the standings after counting sports that can only be decided on the field of play.

That's the way we like it: medals determined solely by the athletes and not by faceless men and women in garish blazers. In a perfect world, judges would be impartial and fair and every event would be decided by the same set of criteria, but they're not. Judges are humans who are influenced by outside factors like reputations, nationalities and fan support. This often manifests itself in judging, which makes the results of these sports controversial. Nobody asked whether Lindsey Vonn deserved to win the downhill gold, she just did. Evan Lysacek's victory in men's figure skating was questioned within seconds.

In our tally of the Winter Olympics we've thrown out the results of all events in which judging plays a role in determining the outcome. Eight of the 38 events completed so far fall into this category: figure skating (men's and pairs), halfpipe (men's and women's), moguls (men's and women's), ski jumping (men's) and Nordic combined (men's). The new-look medal count is as follows (totals as of Saturday morning):
http://i5.***BLOCKED***/albums/y164/nbr1diva/ept_sports_oly_experts-715600723-12.jpg​
Based on our revised count, the United States loses a whopping nine medals, almost half of its total haul of 20 thus far in Vancouver. That's as many medals in judged events as the next nine countries on the list combined.

Germany only has one medal in judged sports, cleaning up in sports like skiing, luge and biathlon instead. Norway, who currently leads in the "real" medal count, loses no awards, not surprising since the European countries tend to be stronger in traditional sports rather than the extreme sports in which American Winter Olympians thrive. Canada moves from fourth to sixth.
so I'd say Pittsburg is 0-7 in Super Bowls.

ajk23az

Through Pain Comes Clarity
Reaction score
CanadianCowboysFan;3283478 said:
will be a national disgrace/embarrassment if we lose tomorrow

Winner gets bye to QF

HA. HA. HA. USA! USA! USA!

Cajuncowboy

Preacher From The Black Lagoon
Reaction score
CanadianCowboysFan;3283478 said:
will be a national disgrace/embarrassment if we lose tomorrow

Winner gets bye to QF

:lmao: :lmao2: :laugh2:

I cannot describe how much fun this is!!!!!

USA! USA! USA!

CanadianCowboysFan

Lightning Rod
Reaction score
It was a national embarrassment but in the end the game is like a preseason game. Loss is pretty meaningless. You will get an easier QF but our classification game is against Germany so should not be all that tough.

We were the better team except for one position, in nets.

There is no joy in mudville.

USA player reactions made it seem like was gold medal game.

First time you beat us in the Olympics since 1960 and only third time ever.

DEZBRYANT x88x

Caps8Cowboys41
Reaction score
CanadianCowboysFan;3284219 said:
It was a national embarrassment but in the end the game is like a preseason game. Loss is pretty meaningless. You will get an easier QF but our classification game is against Germany so should not be all that tough.

Overall I think you guys dominated the time on attack. Everytime the US got it out of their zone, they dumped and chased.

The one thing I noticed was Marty was being a little too cocky. He tried being fancy and knocked the puck of the the air, tried to get back at somebody in front of the net. Just an overall horrible game for Marty.

If i was the coach, I'd play Luuuuu..

And to be honest I think Germany can beat you guys.:rolleyes:

Cochese

Benched
Reaction score

Loss is pretty meaningless, good luck with Russia IF you get past germany.

:lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao:

Oh man, arrogant Canuck gets seriously self'd in this thread.

Cochese

Benched
Reaction score
CanadianCowboysFan;3280812 said:
Only top team to score fewer than the US against an opening game patsy was Sweden who won 2-0 over Germany. Russia scored 8, Canada scored 8, Finland scored 5.
:lmao::lmao::lmao:

http://img710.*************/img710/2377/canadiansmad.jpg

jimmy40

Reaction score
video???????? I didn't see the game but all the sports talk this morning are saying the exact opposite is true.

Ren

Reaction score
jimmy40;3284271 said:
video???????? I didn't see the game but all the sports talk this morning are saying the exact opposite is true.

it really looked like that, they stayed on the ice for ages after the game, don't think they thought of it as a gold medal match but it's clear it was more then just a win. I just think they enjoyed shutting that whole stadium and country up and wanted to enjoy the moment and bask in the tears of Canadian failure :laugh2:

It's funny, Canadians where the once talking this game up the most before the game and now they're trying to say it didn't matter to them

Doomsday101

Reaction score
I was thrilled to see team USA take down Canaduh in hockey. Still a long way to go before the medals are handed out but that was so sweet.

USA, USA, USA !!!!!!! :bow:

Doomsday101

Reaction score

Better team my butt you got beat, the game is about scoring goals and the USA beat you and did it in the olympic in your own back yard so save the pre-season non-sense and how your team really played better you lost plain and simple

searchlights

Reaction score
Ren;3284292 said:
it really looked like that, they stayed on the ice for ages after the game, don't think they thought of it as a gold medal match but it's clear it was more then just a win. I just think they enjoyed shutting that whole stadium and country up and wanted to enjoy the moment and bask in the tears of Canadian failure :laugh2:

It's funny, Canadians where the once talking this game up the most before the game and now they're trying to say it didn't matter to them
Loves it!!

Ryan Miller stood on his head no doubt. Martin Brodeur didn't have a great game and is directly responsible for the 2-1 goal. But he also made some big stops to keep Canada in it towards the end of the 2nd period and he stopped 2 breakaways in the 2nd or 3rd (I think it was the 2nd - it was that crazy sequence where there were 2 breakaways for Team USA sandwiching 1 breakaway for Team Canada that was broken up by a Team USA defenseman).

That having been said Team USA played like it wanted the game more. The SOG count is somewhat deceptive. Scott Niedermayer and Chris Pronger did not live up to their billing as defensemen and IMO had a worse game than their goaltender. Some of Team Canada's bottom 6 forwards were just about invisible during the game. Team Canada couldn't get up the intensity in the 3rd period until about 5 minutes left in the game and didn't help its cause taking a bunch of stupid penalties to start off the period.

That's 2 mediocre games in a row for Team Canada. Brodeur'll probably get scapegoated but let's be honest, none of Team Canada's goalies have played that great lately (Luongo shutting out Norway does not count, sorry). But this week it's like a new season and they've got the talent to pick it up.They've got the tough draw though because even though they'll probably beat Germany they've got Russia in the quarterfinals and possibly Sweden in the semis. If Team Canada makes the gold medal game now they'll be riding a ton of momentum. But I think every team they play is going to try to take it to them and ride all that pressure on Team Canada's shoulders.

Great game yesterday and it's definitely a character win for Team USA. They've got to not take their draw for granted though. Switzerland is not a team to be overlooked in the QFs and single eliminations can have crazy results. Plus now Team USA is going to be seen as a favorite unlike before so they'll have more pressure on them now and it'll be harder to play like they have a chip on their shoulder.

Cajuncowboy

Preacher From The Black Lagoon
Reaction score

:lmao2:

Why did I expect anything more from you?
Sore loser.