2010 Winter Olympics

speedkilz88

Reaction score
CanadianCowboysFan;3284219 said:
It was a national embarrassment but in the end the game is like a preseason game. Loss is pretty meaningless. You will get an easier QF but our classification game is against Germany so should not be all that tough.

We were the better team except for one position, in nets.

There is no joy in mudville.

USA player reactions made it seem like was gold medal game.

First time you beat us in the Olympics since 1960 and only third time ever.

6a00d8341c36d553ef00e55399efed8833-320wi

bbgun

Benched
Reaction score
This vision of loveliness is the head coach of the Canadian women's hockey team. Test results to determine her gender are expected shortly.

melodybeautifulhotslut.jpg

Cajuncowboy

Preacher From The Black Lagoon
Reaction score
bbgun;3284862 said:
This vision of loveliness is the head coach of the Canadian women's hockey team. Test results to determine her gender are expected shortly.

Yuck!

ethiostar

Reaction score
I don't really follow the winter olympics but I came across this article.

Mon Feb 22, 2010 11:30 am EST

Aboriginal leaders: Russian ice dancers' routine still offensive
By Maggie Hendricks

This year, the theme for the ice dancing original dance was folk dancing. The dance was supposed to represent the "flavor" of one country or another.

Some skating pairs, like Israelis Roman and Alexandra Zaretsky and Georgians Allison Reed and Otar Japaridze, chose folk dances that represented their own country. Others chose to honor other cultures. Canadians Tessa Virtue and Scott Moir did a flamenco, Americans Meryl Davis and Charlie White did an Indian dance, and Russians Oksana Domnina and Maxim Shabalin did an Australian Aboriginal dance.

When the Russian pair did the Aboriginal dance at the European Championships in January, they drew criticism from Aboriginal leaders who found the dance and costumes offensive. Domnina and Shabalin toned down their costumes and removed their face paint, but made no changes to their Aboriginal dance.

The dance they did was more likely their interpretation of Aboriginal dance, though they claimed to have done research. Watching the dance Sunday night, one can understand why Aboriginal leaders were offended.

At times, Shabalin led Domnina around by her ponytail. They mugged, stuck out their tongues and mimicked the hand over mouth gesture that was once associated with American Indians. (See it here and judge for yourself.) After the dance ended, the crowd gave the Russians what could generously be called a lukewarm reception.

After seeing the dance Sunday night, an Aboriginal dancer wrote in Australia's Herald Sun newspaper:

The dance is certainly unlike anything I've seen, and other than a few complex lifts, the performance didn't really entertain me. It looked wrong on so many levels. ... When creating a dance or theatre work, even as contemporary indigenous dancers, it is a part of our practice to follow cultural protocols and consult with traditional elders who understand the meaning behind the movement. It is respect for our traditional cultural laws, language groups and elders for this information to be passed on correctly.

An Aboriginal leader agreed, telling The Australian newspaper:

"I am offended by the performance and so are our other councillors," Bev Manton, the chairwoman of the [New South Wales] Land Council said.

"Aboriginal people for very good reason are sensitive about their cultural objects and icons being co-opted by non-Aboriginal people – whether they are from Australia or Russia.

"It's important for people to tread carefully and respectfully when they are depicting somebody else's culture, and I don't think this performance does."

Watching this dance was like watching an old movie – like seeing Mickey Rooney's offensive portrayal of Mr. Yunioshi in "Breakfast at Tiffany's" – or seeing a period show like "Mad Men," where one of the main characters dressed in blackface. The dance was anachronistic. Considering that the pair slipped from first to third, it was not a winning routine, either.

Cochese

Benched
Reaction score
Just keep in mind canucks, the USA never trailed, and only spent about 10 minutes total, in the entire game, tied with the neighbors from the north.

I admire your total team domination.

Seven

Messenger to the football Gods
Reaction score
CanadianCowboysFan;3284219 said:
It was a national embarrassment but in the end the game is like a preseason game. Loss is pretty meaningless. You will get an easier QF but our classification game is against Germany so should not be all that tough.

We were the better team except for one position, in nets.

There is no joy in mudville.

USA player reactions made it seem like was gold medal game.

First time you beat us in the Olympics since 1960 and only third time ever.

A meaningless loss is a national embarrassment? How...........sad.

1-800-farmers...............call them. They'll teach you guys how to grow a pair.

CanadianCowboysFan

Lightning Rod
Reaction score
bbgun;3284862 said:

she is pretty ugly that is for sure, ugh

our girls' coach in 2002 was better looking

As for the men's game, for those who thought the US was the better team and chastised me for disagreeing and stating we were the better team, even your GM Brian Burke stated that we were the better team and dominated everywhere except in nets.

Better team does not always win, see 2007 Cowboys vs Giants in the playoffs.

CanadianCowboysFan

Lightning Rod
Reaction score
Cochese;3284563 said:
Yea, lets all take lessons from you, the one who wasn't impressed with the meager 3 goals team USA scored on the Swiss....:laugh1:

um your GM has stated you have not played well in this tournament

CanadianCowboysFan

Lightning Rod
Reaction score
Doomsday101;3284581 said:
I don't care how many missed shot you had I know the US put the puck in the net that is what they count as a score. You talked about how poor the US did in the opening game and now you sit there with egg on your face as the US beat you in your own back yard. So cry to someone else your team got beat plain and simple you can talk about how Canada outplayed the US all you want but the score board does not lie

You won the game, doesn't mean you outplayed us or that you were the better team on the day.

The US did not look good in the opening game, you only had 24 shots against Switzerland, we had 46. Hiller played better against us than against you, hence we went to a shootout against them.

Miller outplayed Brodeur by a big margin the last game. Other than that, we in by five goals, we were that much better.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
CanadianCowboysFan;3285445 said:
You won the game, doesn't mean you outplayed us or that you were the better team on the day.

The US did not look good in the opening game, you only had 24 shots against Switzerland, we had 46. Hiller played better against us than against you, hence we went to a shootout against them.

Miller outplayed Brodeur by a big margin the last game. Other than that, we in by five goals, we were that much better.

Unless they change the rules we were better. The object is to score more points than your opponet we did that. Almost, close more shots do not mean a damn thing. They give no points for the team who shot the most they only count goals.

You say we did not look good in the opening game ok yet we won the game. As for the game vs Canada we lead from the get go in your own back yard with a large crowd supporting their home team and yet the US won it was not expected and yet we won deal with it don't deal with it I don't care but the bottom line is we won the game we outscore you and until the rules change that is what constitues winning the team who scores more goals wins. Sorry you can't figure that out.

peplaw06

That Guy
Reaction score
CanadianCowboysFan;3285441 said:
Well now I feel much better. No one remembers the 2007 Cowboys, except Cowboy fans.

searchlights

Reaction score
CanadianCowboysFan;3285441 said:
As for the men's game, for those who thought the US was the better team and chastised me for disagreeing and stating we were the better team, even your GM Brian Burke stated that we were the better team and dominated everywhere except in nets.

That couldn't possibly be because Burke's playing mind games since he's been beating the "USA = Underdog" drum louder than anybody since the team rosters were announced. It's very cute how you believe he actually thinks that though.

That settles it. You ARE Wade Phillips :lmao2:

Doomsday101

Reaction score
peplaw06;3285474 said:
Well now I feel much better. No one remembers the 2007 Cowboys, except Cowboy fans.

I agree as I recall the 2007 Cowboys were sitting at home watching the Giants go all the way. There was no consolation prize handed out because we felt we were the better team. We may have been the better team but the score board said otherwise.

daschoo

Slanje Va
Reaction score
to be fair i agree with canadian that a team can be dominant and play better without winning. i've paid over a thousand dollars (rough conversion) for the privelage of watching my team do just that consistantly since august. :banghead:
in saying that winning is what counts so get stuck in ;)

ethiostar

Reaction score

:confused:

Actually, I think that's exactly what it means.

I admire your patriotism though.

Cajuncowboy

Preacher From The Black Lagoon
Reaction score

:lmao2:

Do you have some kind of quota for stupid posts you have to make in a month or something?

CanadianCowboysFan

Lightning Rod
Reaction score
Gotta feel sorry for Dutch skater Sven Kramer. He won the 10000m speed skating event in Olympic record time but was disqualified for using the wrong lane. His coach told him to use one lane when he should have used the other.

That is reason enough to go postal.

It gave Korea a free gold medal.