2011-12 Dallas Mavericks thread.

juck

Reaction score
Cowboys&LakersFan;4383747 said:
Cheat may not even make it out of the East especially if Wade continues to struggle with his ankle. As for OKC they struggle in the half court and would have no answer for Bynum or Howard. Pau will play much better once his shoulder heals.
Ok I wanna see Fisher chase around Westbrook. I wanna see who is gonna defend Durant. U dont have Matrix who can slow these guys down. Matrix clamped Kobe up bigtime last night again. U also have nobody to stop Harden. Mavs missed a zillion open shots they always make last night and u still only won by 3 at the buzzer. Lakers arent all that dude. Remember we swept u. SWEPT. Odom gets his head straight and starts doing what he can look out. Our center rotation isnt shabby either. Mahimni is turning into a nice 5. The rest of the core is still there. I must admit I miss Deshawn and JJB however.Cuban is keeping the team competitive and going hard this summer to get DWILL and Dwight.

jcollins28

Reaction score
It's a long season and old man Fisher will not have the legs he had last night.

Reaction score
juck;4384177 said:
Ok I wanna see Fisher chase around Westbrook. I wanna see who is gonna defend Durant. U dont have Matrix who can slow these guys down. Matrix clamped Kobe up bigtime last night again. U also have nobody to stop Harden. Mavs missed a zillion open shots they always make last night and u still only won by 3 at the buzzer. Lakers arent all that dude. Remember we swept u. SWEPT. Odom gets his head straight and starts doing what he can look out. Our center rotation isnt shabby either. Mahimni is turning into a nice 5. The rest of the core is still there. I must admit I miss Deshawn and JJB however.Cuban is keeping the team competitive and going hard this summer to get DWILL and Dwight.

Westbrook will kill Westbrook, but Kobe will do the same to Harden, Gasol and Bynum will have their way with OKC's undersized bigs. Odom will never get his head straight the dude has clearly mentally checked out. I'm sure but Haywood and Mahimi are not starters they're decent backups but that's it.

MC KAos

Reaction score
Dash28;4383806 said:
You could say that Barnes stat line equals Jefferson and in less minutes.

you could say that, but that doesnt make them comparable in terms of skill and just overall level of play, jefferson is a former all star, who can defend just as well as barnes but can score 35 points on any given night.

MC KAos

Reaction score
also, you lakers fans seem to forget that phil jackson is no longer the head coach of your team. Going from phil to brown is like going from MJ to rudy fernandez. The lakers arent any better than any other contender in the west, unless the thunder all of the sudden start to click like the machine they should be in a year or two, then its wide open, and no matter how healthy someone stays its not gonna guarantee anything.

MC KAos

Reaction score
Cowboys&LakersFan;4384193 said:
:laugh2: :lmao2: :laugh1:

what's the proof they are? the only head to head game, they lost. the clippers have the better winning percentage and more talent. the only advantage the lakers have is their coach is less incompetent

Reaction score
MC KAos;4384195 said:
also, you lakers fans seem to forget that phil jackson is no longer the head coach of your team. Going from phil to brown is like going from MJ to rudy fernandez. The lakers arent any better than any other contender in the west, unless the thunder all of the sudden start to click like the machine they should be in a year or two, then its wide open, and no matter how healthy someone stays its not gonna guarantee anything.

You make Brown seem like a mediocre coach he's a terrific one. With a mediocre Cavs roster he still won 60 plus games twice.

MC KAos

Reaction score
Cowboys&LakersFan;4384199 said:
You make Brown seem like a mediocre coach he's a terrific one. With a mediocre Cavs roster he still won 60 plus games twice.

hes a terrific defensive coach, but he isnt going to draw up a great play in the last seconds of a game, he isnt going to motivate players the way phil could, he won all those games because of lebron and the fact the eastern conference was a joke back then

Reaction score
MC KAos;4384197 said:
what's the proof they are? the only head to head game, they lost. the clippers have the better winning percentage and more talent. the only advantage the lakers have is their coach is less incompetent

How do the Clippers have more talent? I'll take our best player over theirs with no hesitation. Bynum/Griffin is a wash, and Gasol is definitely better than Jordan. Because they won one regular season meeting that makes them better? :laugh2:

How is the coaching more competent? Brown is a proven coach of the year what Del Negro done?

Btw the only reason their win % is higher is because they've played 5 less games than us.

MC KAos

Reaction score
Cowboys&LakersFan;4384205 said:
How do the Clippers have more talent? I'll take our best player over theirs with no hesitation. Bynum/Griffin is a wash, and Gasol is definitely better than Jordan. Because they won one regular season meeting that makes them better? :laugh2:

How is the coaching more competent? Brown is a proven coach of the year what Del Negro done?

you see, the rosters go beyond 3 players, and also, this is 2012, not 2006, kobe isnt getting any younger or better, i think most people starting a team would take paul over bryant at this point in their careers. im still not saying that the clippers are better, but to laugh at someone for saying they are is just dumb, its not like it isnt close.

Reaction score
MC KAos;4384209 said:
you see, the rosters go beyond 3 players, and also, this is 2012, not 2006, kobe isnt getting any younger or better, i think most people starting a team would take paul over bryant at this point in their careers. im still not saying that the clippers are better, but to laugh at someone for saying they are is just dumb, its not like it isnt close.

Anyone taking Paul over Kobe right now doesn't know basketball. You say it's not 2006 yet Kobe is playing like it. The dude has scored 40 or more in 4 of his last 5. That's incredible for a 33 year old. Paul has had a down year by his standards as he's only averaging 8 apg which is his lowest since 2006-2007. There's no way he should only be averaging 8 apg when he's playing with Blake Griffin. Another problem with the Clippers is they have too many guards and not even bigs. Billups will get torched by guys like Kobe in the playoffs. He's just too small. They're gonna need to trade one of their guards for a legit starting 2 guard. Jordan also isn't a starting caliber center IMO. He can block shots but he's a horrible low post defender and scorer.

juck

Reaction score
Cowboys&LakersFan;4384190 said:
Westbrook will kill Westbrook, but Kobe will do the same to Harden, Gasol and Bynum will have their way with OKC's undersized bigs. Odom will never get his head straight the dude has clearly mentally checked out. I'm sure but Haywood and Mahimi are not starters they're decent backups but that's it.
Dude Lakers bench blows. Bynum is playing well cause hes scared to get traded. Thing is his knees are gonna go anytime now. Clippers are a better team then Lakers. I dont expect it this year but the Mavs could easily win the west. The West is wide open to the team who is hot at the end. This lockout season is crap. Too many games,thats why u get games like last night. These guys are playing like 7-8 games in 9-10 nights. Season should have been cut down to 50 like last lockout.

Reaction score
juck;4384265 said:
Dude Lakers bench blows. Bynum is playing well cause hes scared to get traded. Thing is his knees are gonna go anytime now. Clippers are a better team then Lakers. I dont expect it this year but the Mavs could easily win the west. The West is wide open to the team who is hot at the end. This lockout season is crap. Too many games,thats why u get games like last night. These guys are playing like 7-8 games in 9-10 nights. Season should have been cut down to 50 like last lockout.

Bynum is playing well because he's a great player (when healthy) has nothing to do with getting traded. Again I ask how are the Clippers better than us?

juck

Reaction score
Cowboys&LakersFan;4384280 said:
Bynum is playing well because he's a great player (when healthy) has nothing to do with getting traded. Again I ask how are the Clippers better than us?

wELL TO START THEY HAVE THE BEST pg IN THE nba. hE IS UNGUARDABLE.(caps sorry) You have a huge weakness at pg. Especially on the defensive end. Blake griffin is a beast. they are big upfront overall. Deandre jordan is a good center.They have a good coach now. Clippers are a contender definitely. Bench is weak but so is urs. The key to a championship is the bench. its a team sport. This is the only scare I have if cuban guts the team to get both Dwill and dwight. The bench would suck as Miamis did last year. Miami is a better team this year. Im have been pleasantly surprised with the Mavs gelling. They will be in their hard when playoffs start.If i was to put money on it however Id probably say the cHeat are gonna win this year. I hate them more then any sports organization ever but they are probably getting a ring this year.