2011-12 Dallas Mavericks thread.

Biggems

White and Nerdy
Reaction score
MC KAos;4362270 said:
seriously, what five power forwards would you rather have on your team, completely healthy, if the lakers are in the finals?

exactly, his stats are down, but so are his minutes....he is only playing 24 minutes a game. his presence alone is invaluable. he may not put up the numbers, but he commands the respect and makes the Spurs a formidable foe for any team.

Tusan_Homichi

Heisenberg
Reaction score
It seems they're starting to turn the corner a little.

I'm really hoping Odom starts showing a bit more. I know it's still early in the season, but he just doesn't look right.

MC KAos

Reaction score
ya, thats a very good win in boston for the mavs, maybe this year wont be such a waste like some of you were claiming it to be.

SkinsandTerps

Commanders Forever
Reaction score
Few things that I have read in this thread that are silly.

There is no reason for the Lakers to get Howard, never was a reason.

Howard and Williams will not both land in Dallas or the same team.

As a Lakers fan I have no interest in Howard. Don't get me wrong, the guy is great, but it cripples the team. No thanks. The Lakers have Bynum who is better than Howard in one area that is important to me...he can actually make free throws.

And for a Lakers fan to basically say that the Lakers are old and didn't upgrade...slow your roll. Fisher at 50 would probably still be a top 10 starting PG in the NBA.

Mavs are doing what they need to do to build for the future while still remaining competitive. Good for them. Some teams close shop and start over. There will be some rough spots but they are a good team and Cuban will keep them relevant.

Reaction score
SkinsandTerps;4372789 said:
Few things that I have read in this thread that are silly.

There is no reason for the Lakers to get Howard, never was a reason.

Howard and Williams will not both land in Dallas or the same team.

As a Lakers fan I have no interest in Howard. Don't get me wrong, the guy is great, but it cripples the team. No thanks. The Lakers have Bynum who is better than Howard in one area that is important to me...he can actually make free throws.

And for a Lakers fan to basically say that the Lakers are old and didn't upgrade...slow your roll. Fisher at 50 would probably still be a top 10 starting PG in the NBA.

Mavs are doing what they need to do to build for the future while still remaining competitive. Good for them. Some teams close shop and start over. There will be some rough spots but they are a good team and Cuban will keep them relevant.

Why don't the Lakers need Howard? Other than Kobe and LeBron there's not a better player in the league. Bynum has been just as bad as Howard in free throws. I love the kid, but if we got a shot to land Howard then we should do it without thinking twice.

Anyways great win for Dallas tonight Dirk showed why he's still a top closer in the game. Can't believe people are saying Love is better than him.

Reaction score
Heisenberg;4372801 said:
http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2012/writers/chris_mannix/01/12/lamar.odom/index.html

An article on Odom not adjusting so well to being with the Mavs. Some not so encouraging quotes in there. The dude sounds depressed.

Of course he's depressed. He had been a Laker for 7 years and won two titles there. Then they traded him. Stupid Mitch. Combine that with the off court issues like his cousin getting murdered, his sister n law getting divorced, and being involved in a car accident where a 15 year old kid was killed and it's easy to see why LO is depressed. Love the guy, but he should seriously consider retirement.

DFWJC

Reaction score
Cowboys&LakersFan;4372804 said:
Of course he's depressed. He had been a Laker for 7 years and won two titles there. Then they traded him. Stupid Mitch. Combine that with the off court issues like his cousin getting murdered, his sister n law getting divorced, and being involved in a car accident where a 15 year old kid was killed and it's easy to see why LO is depressed. Love the guy, but he should seriously consider retirement.
Man, that IS depressing.
The guy has had a very rough go of it lately.

He did show up WAY out of shape for the Mavs. They hope as the year progresses that he'll work himself into being a factor.

As for now, the Mavs have won 5 of 6 and although they are not near where they want to be, things are looking up.
Expect a massive stinker (SA game, for example) every once in a while though, as they can't handle those 6 games in 8 day stretches very well and they have a long way to go to gain chemistry.

MC KAos

Reaction score
Cowboys&LakersFan;4373765 said:
Dirk
Griffin
Aldridge
Love
Gasol

good luck getting a stop on defense with 4 of those guys when wade is coming down the lane for a game winning layup

kmorgan

Reaction score
Go, Mavs! Things were looking rough, but it seems like they are finally starting to heat up. Can't wait to see how the rest of the season plays out. If there is one team in professional sports I love as much as the Cowboys, it's the Mavs...oh, and the Rangers! Dallas sports, baby!

As for Odom, I hope it sounds like he has a lot of other stuff going on, and the trade just made it all worse for him. Hope he can figure out a way through it all and realize that there is no place like Texas!

MC KAos

Reaction score
Cowboys&LakersFan;4373974 said:
Dwight will stop Wade. :D

:laugh2:

you get my point i think, what makes tim duncan the greatest power forward ever is his defense, not his offense, and even that use to be amazing back in his prime.

Reaction score
MC KAos;4374304 said:
:laugh2:

you get my point i think, what makes tim duncan the greatest power forward ever is his defense, not his offense, and even that use to be amazing back in his prime.

He's not even close to his prime anymore. He's still a decent defender, but definitely not elite like he once was. I'm not arguing that he's not the greatest 4 ever because he definitely is, but at this point in his career he's no longer an elite 4.

MC KAos

Reaction score
Cowboys&LakersFan;4374419 said:
He's not even close to his prime anymore. He's still a decent defender, but definitely not elite like he once was. I'm not arguing that he's not the greatest 4 ever because he definitely is, but at this point in his career he's no longer an elite 4.

:(

it was beautiful to watch in his prime......sigh....

Reaction score
2h56z6c.gif

MC KAos

Reaction score
What the hell are the TNT guys doing at this game? It's the regular season! Worst thing is you can't hear them!

MC KAos

Reaction score
Cowboys&LakersFan;4382841 said:
They were at it last season as well.

i hate when networks take their pregame shows away from a studio, the quality goes to crap! except for college gameday i guess.