2011-12 Dallas Mavericks thread.

Reaction score
juck;4384818 said:
wELL TO START THEY HAVE THE BEST pg IN THE nba. hE IS UNGUARDABLE.(caps sorry) You have a huge weakness at pg. Especially on the defensive end. Blake griffin is a beast. they are big upfront overall. Deandre jordan is a good center.They have a good coach now. Clippers are a contender definitely. Bench is weak but so is urs. The key to a championship is the bench. its a team sport. This is the only scare I have if cuban guts the team to get both Dwill and dwight. The bench would suck as Miamis did last year. Miami is a better team this year. Im have been pleasantly surprised with the Mavs gelling. They will be in their hard when playoffs start.If i was to put money on it however Id probably say the cHeat are gonna win this year. I hate them more then any sports organization ever but they are probably getting a ring this year.

DeAndre Jordan is not a good center. As I said he's a good shot blocker, but that's about it. He's a horrible low post defender and scorer. CP3 is not the best point guard in the NBA that would be the reigning MVP. Rose is definitely the better scorer while this season they've been about equal as far as assists. Again unless they got some help up front I don't see them winning the West. As for Miami yes they're obviously very good, but they still have the same holes as last season. They have zero low post scoring so they become basically a jump shooting team in the half court. They still haven't figured out the zone defense yet. Any team with good bigs which the Lakers have will give them trouble.

DasTex

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Cowboys&LakersFan;4386006 said:
Terrible play call by Carlisle. There's one full second left why call a lob?

The worse call was by the refs. The review where it looks like Terry knocked it out, clearly goes off of Williams arm as he is falling out of bounds. It's the same thing that Terry was pointing at when the ref made the call. Should have been Mavs ball, up by 1 w/ 4 seconds left.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ys7cvFwfOmg

Reaction score
numnuts23;4386011 said:
The worse call was by the refs. The review where it looks like Terry knocked it out, clearly goes off of Williams arm as he is falling out of bounds. It's the same thing that Terry was pointing at when the ref made the call. Should have been Mavs ball, up by 1 w/ 4 seconds left.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ys7cvFwfOmg

Agreed. Officiating was terrible in that last minutes. Clippers are alot like Miami and OKC in the sense that they get a ridiculous amount of calls in their favor.

juck

Reaction score
Those refs were awful. Back at it again tonight.Tough game again. Utah.

jcollins28

Reaction score
juck;4386139 said:
Those refs were awful. Back at it again tonight.Tough game again. Utah.

I probably hate Utah more then any other team in the league including the Lakers.

juck

Reaction score
Cowboys&LakersFan;4386023 said:
Agreed. Officiating was terrible in that last minutes. Clippers are alot like Miami and OKC in the sense that they get a ridiculous amount of calls in their favor.
U see what Im saying now? Lakers cant hang with the cHeat,especially not in 7.I hate that they will probably be champions but i love that it will have an asterick next to it for a shortened lockout season where most players are burned out and hurt.

Reaction score
juck;4387123 said:
U see what Im saying now? Lakers cant hang with the cHeat,especially not in 7.I hate that they will probably be champions but i love that it will have an asterick next to it for a shortened lockout season where most players are burned out and hurt.

Well it was pretty evident tonight Miami is just a horrible matchup for us. A trade needs to be made.

The30YardSlant

Benched
Reaction score
Cowboys&LakersFan;4384199 said:
You make Brown seem like a mediocre coach he's a terrific one. With a mediocre Cavs roster he still won 60 plus games twice.

A nine year old could win 50-60 games in the East with Lebron James.

The30YardSlant

Benched
Reaction score
Cowboys&LakersFan;4387164 said:

Look at the teams and coaches who have won 50+ games in the East over the last 10-12 years and tell me I'm wrong. Anybody with even one star player can have success there, and sometimes you don't even need that as evidenced by the Pistons several years ago.

Brown is a decent coach, but he has done nothing to indicate he'll win a title in LA.

Reaction score
The30YardSlant;4387173 said:
Look at the teams and coaches who have won 50+ games in the East over the last 10-12 years and tell me I'm wrong. Anybody with even one star player can have success there, and sometimes you don't even need that as evidenced by the Pistons several years ago.

Brown is a decent coach, but he has done nothing to indicate he'll win a title in LA.

He won't win a title in L.A. with the current roster, but it has nothing to do with him. It has everything to do with the fact that the roster isn't a championship caliber roster. If we get Dwight it's a different story.

SkinsandTerps

Commanders Forever
Reaction score
Cowboys&LakersFan;4387206 said:
Dwight is a top 5 player in this league of course we should go after him.

The Lakers don't need him. Same as you asking me why I wouldn't want Manning on the Commanders...it's a bad move.

They need a PG or a SF to take the heat off of Kobe and feed the bigs. Trading Odom was stupid, but it I know why it happened now at least.

Reaction score
SkinsandTerps;4387211 said:
The Lakers don't need him. Same as you asking me why I wouldn't want Manning on the Commanders...it's a bad move.

They need a PG or a SF to take the heat off of Kobe and feed the bigs. Trading Odom was stupid, but it I know why it happened now at least.

Who knows maybe they get both Deron and Dwight. Trade Bynum & fillers for Dwight. Acquire Deron in a 3 team trade.

MC KAos

Reaction score
Why does this guy turn EVERY NBA thread into something to do with the lakers? It's like those people that come out of nowhere to talk to you about their kids when you are telling someone about your son's soccer game. Why don't you just make a lakers thread already!

Reaction score
MC KAos;4387253 said:
Why does this guy turn EVERY NBA thread into something to do with the lakers? It's like those people that come out of nowhere to talk to you about their kids when you are telling someone about your son's soccer game. Why don't you just make a lakers thread already!

Done.