2012 London Olympics thread *Spoilers*

ologan

Reaction score
Opening ceremony? Painful to watch. IMO, the worst I've seen since they started making it a big production. Painful, I tell ya!! I would have been impressed more if they woulda left out the "Industrial Revolution" baloney(I woulda swore it was produced by Tim Burton), and put in something like,say, the Battle of Britain, with Messerschmidts, Spitfires, Hurricanes, and Heinkel-111's flying over.....oh,and a few barrage baloons thrown in for good measure!!
And for those that will say that's too political to represent the games, then why was Bob Costas pointing out all the political happenings in a bunch of the countries during the parade of nations?? And I'm not talking about what he had to say about the Israeli delegation.

UKCowboysFan

Reaction score
burmafrd;4635826 said:
I lived there. Have you?

I have and daschoo's statement is correct.

My son almost lost the sight in one eye, and the treatment he received (free on the NHS) was exceptionally good, and he has now made a full recovery.

What the NHS isn't good at, is non emergency treatment.

The other major problem is the number of people that come here from third world countries to get this free treatment.

Put it this way, if I were poor & couldn't afford medical insurance I'm sure I'd rather be in the UK than any other country.

DFWJC

Reaction score
daschoo;4635865 said:
All my life and was in and out of hospital several times as a child.
But mental health is a different topic, daschoo :D

Arch Stanton

it was the grave marked unknown right beside
Reaction score
UKCowboysFan;4635858 said:
I have and daschoo's statement is correct.

My son almost lost the sight in one eye, and the treatment he received (free on the NHS) was exceptionally good, and he has now made a full recovery.

What the NHS isn't good at, is non emergency treatment.

The other major problem is the number of people that come here from third world countries to get this free treatment.

Put it this way, if I were poor & couldn't afford medical insurance I'm sure I'd rather be in the UK than any other country.

Probably true. The inefficiencies of getting routine treatment is poor.

Still I am very grateful as they saved my life.

Ren

Reaction score
Funny how when the Olympics come around you start caring about sports you didn't even know existed. Norway just go a bronze unlike the winter olympics where that would have been a let down it's pretty cool :)

Sarge

Red, White and Brew...
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I like to watch the Olympics. I sorta enjoyed the opening ceremonies. They only come around every 4 years so I like to try to watch them (opening ceremonies) - but having said that, they were the worst I have ever seen. Still glad I watch them though.

Romo_To_Dez

Reaction score
No Offense in the USA women's Basketball game right now. Leading 8-0 with the 1st almost over. I guess it's nerves on the USA women's part and will take a while for them to settle down. They are bigger favorites to win the gold then the men team

I only care about women's basketball when it comes to the Olympics and team USA.

reddyuta

Reaction score
NBC is useless,why dont they broadcast it live on weekends at least instead of waiting for primetime.

arglebargle

Reaction score
I can't get the online NBC live setup to work either. Their website takes me to the sign in screen...but with nothing there. Real pain to work with, and I can't contact their support, because their 'capture' won't display, so nothing can go through.

Making me cranky, was hoping to actually be able to watch the sports I wanted instead of their choices. Fencing, wrestling, judo, Tae Kwan Do, etc.

Grrr Argh....

StevenOtero

Reaction score
In this day and age the whole 'tape delay' crap they're pulling is idiotic.

WoodysGirl

U.N.I.T.Y
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
USA women's volleyball team is beasting... I ref junior high volleyball and there's nothing like watching good volleyball play.

Arch Stanton

it was the grave marked unknown right beside
Reaction score
arglebargle;4636147 said:
I can't get the online NBC live setup to work either. Their website takes me to the sign in screen...but with nothing there. Real pain to work with, and I can't contact their support, because their 'capture' won't display, so nothing can go through.

Making me cranky, was hoping to actually be able to watch the sports I wanted instead of their choices. Fencing, wrestling, judo, Tae Kwan Do, etc.

Grrr Argh....

I've only got 24 Channels of HD coverage 24/7. :)

dez_for_prez

Reaction score
nyc-cowboy;4635554 said:
Whats the story behind that

Per the tradition, when walking past the hosting country you dip your flag as a sign of respect. Other countries do it, but the US has never.