2012 NBA Finals Thread

jimmy40

Reaction score
did I hear the announcer say pivot foot? Was that a joke?

RamziD

Reaction score
Cowboys&LakersFan;4591416 said:
OKC played horrible and is only down 7. Miami shot the ball incredibly well.

Actually, OKC is shooting better (56% vs 51%). The difference is Harden and Sefolosha really haven't been involved at all, Westbrook is shooting horribly again, and OKC has 8 turnovers to Miami's 4. Also, Durant is not touching the ball nearly as much as he should. I'm betting that will change in the 2nd half.

casmith07

Attorney-at-Zone
Reaction score
Miami's ball movement on offense is incredible this game so far, as well.

Noryb

Reaction score
LOL @ the people who say Durant is a great defender. He is solid at best!

Reaction score
Noryb;4591447 said:

Ignorant statement. He's playing against LeBron James. He's not playing against some scrub.

Noryb

Reaction score
Cowboys&LakersFan;4591450 said:
Ignorant statement. He's playing against LeBron James. He's not playing against some scrub.

It would be nice to force him to make more difficult shots. As great as LeBron is you can't give up dunks and lay-ups.

casmith07

Attorney-at-Zone
Reaction score

Not at all. Kevin Durant is a very good defender, but he isn't great.

He still has a ways to go to get to elite defender status. Don't be naive and let your blind hate for the Miami Heat cloud your vision.

Reaction score
casmith07;4591454 said:
Not at all. Kevin Durant is a very good defender, but he isn't great.

He still has a ways to go to get to elite defender status. Don't be naive and let your blind hate for the Miami Heat cloud your vision.

I never said he was an elite defender.

Noryb

Reaction score
BraveHeartFan;4591449 said:
Biggest concern we have on this team is him.

If so, the you should sleep well at night. WB is the reason the Thunder came back. His energy and passion is insane. I've said it before, the kid has heart.

casmith07

Attorney-at-Zone
Reaction score
Cowboys&LakersFan;4591457 said:
I never said he was an elite defender.

Noryb;4591447 said:

^ it's called asserting facts in the inverse. Your disagreement with Noryb's statement of Durant not being great (definitions, great = elite. levels being great, very good, good, mediocre, below average, bad) would lead a reasonable person to infer that you think Durant is great/elite on defense, and that the only reason he doesn't appear as such is because he's playing LeBron James.

Noryb

Reaction score
Cowboys&LakersFan;4591461 said:
It was. You said he wasn't an elite defender because he can't guard James.

In one on one situations LeBron beat him for layups/dunks on 3 consecutive plays, he didn't even move his feet. That was horrible defense regardless of the player he was guarding.