2012 NBA Offseason Thread

MC KAos

Reaction score
i figured we could do this thread to keep the finals one from getting cluttered with our spurs/lakers/mavs offseason talks. with free agency and the draft not too far off, and trades coming soon after the finals, we can discuss that stuff here.

ill start it off with this...

beasly might be headed to the lakers soon after the finals are over

Now, more reports have come out that the team is once again interested in the former number two overall pick. And, it also seems that the feelings are mutual.

According to sources close to the Timberwolves organization, Minnesota General Manager David Kahn told team owner Glen Taylor that the team was interested in pursuing a sign-and-trade with the Lakers in July.

http://www.opposingviews.com/i/spor...lves-michael-beasley-join-kobe-bryant-lakers#

MC KAos

Reaction score
that would make the lakers younger, yes, but i dont think its really a good move. they are fine at the 3 IMO, they already have Artest and barnes. i think they should look for an upgrade at PG first, even if its just a decent guy like lowry. my guess though is, if this is true, its because they are getting that upgrade with a trade of gasol.

MC KAos

Reaction score
for the spurs, there is a rumor out there that the celtics want to sign danny green! i like him but if he commands more than 2 or 3 million dollars a year, i think we should let him walk, his disappearing act in the playoffs was disheartening. i hope we resign Diaw and bring in de colo and lorbek from europe, then trade bonner and blair for a low first or early second round pick.

Reaction score
MC KAos;4589481 said:
that would make the lakers younger, yes, but i dont think its really a good move. they are fine at the 3 IMO, they already have Artest and barnes. i think they should look for an upgrade at PG first, even if its just a decent guy like lowry. my guess though is, if this is true, its because they are getting that upgrade with a trade of gasol.

Barnes is garbage dude. We desperately need someone off the bench who can score points. Our bench was beyond terrible. The rumored deal is Hill for Beasley which would be a great trade for us. As for the PG I really don't think Lowry is much of an upgrade over Sessions. Deron Williams is a legit possibility now. We'll see what happens.

Lets just say the Hill/Beasley trade happens. We then look like this.

Sessions/Blake
Bryant/Goudelock
World Peace/Ebanks
Gasol/Beasley
Bynum/Free Agent?

That trade alone doesn't make us a contender, but it's a step in the right direction.

MC KAos

Reaction score
Cowboys&LakersFan;4589486 said:
Barnes is garbage dude. We desperately need someone off the bench who can score points. Our bench was beyond terrible. The rumored deal is Hill for Beasley which would be a great trade for us. As for the PG I really don't think Lowry is much of an upgrade over Sessions. Deron Williams is a legit possibility now. We'll see what happens.

thats true, beasley is a HUGE upgrade over barnes, specially offensively. i doubt it would be hill straight up though, i bet there is some cash or trade exception involved in that deal.

Reaction score
Pau will probably be traded shortly after the Finals as well. His time in L.A. is up. The Lakers are way too slow. You can have one slow 7 footer, but not two. We should try to swing a 3 way deal for Deron, but if that doesn't work then just trade him for 2-3 solid young players.

Reaction score
Just read a rumor that said Pau could possibly be heading to Boston for Pierce.

Pierce in a Lakers jersey?

:puke:

RastaRocket

Sanka, Ya Dead Mon? Ya Mon.
Reaction score
Cowboys&LakersFan;4589530 said:

There is no way that is a good trade, don't think it will happen. Pierce did grow up a Laker fan haha.

I do think he retires as a Celtic though.

Come home D Will!

MC KAos

Reaction score
Cowboys&LakersFan;4589530 said:

i just cant see that happening, pierce is a legend for the celtics, it would be like duncan, kobe or dirk getting traded, he is that loved there! plus i dont really see how that improves the lakers much, its just a bad all around trade.

MC KAos

Reaction score
zach lowe, of SI.com, says he has spoken to a lot of front office people, but not the spurs, about KG and they all say him going to the spurs would be his best possible move. local papers have had rumblings on this also, and they seem to think he is a likely target for the spurs in free agency.

personally, i just dont think it happens, unless maybe duncan retires. Duncan "hates him like liberals hate sean hannity" according to an article i read a few weeks back.

Reaction score
MC KAos;4589808 said:
zach lowe, of SI.com, says he has spoken to a lot of front office people, but not the spurs, about KG and they all say him going to the spurs would be his best possible move. local papers have had rumblings on this also, and they seem to think he is a likely target for the spurs in free agency.

personally, i just dont think it happens, unless maybe duncan retires. Duncan "hates him like liberals hate sean hannity" according to an article i read a few weeks back.

I think he's either gonna retire or stay in Boston. It would be a great move for the Spurs.

juck

Reaction score
Talk is cheap.

June talk is cheaper.

June conjecture by those not even in the decision-making process can get crazy

Way too early

MC KAos

Reaction score
juck;4590063 said:
Talk is cheap.

June talk is cheaper.

June conjecture by those not even in the decision-making process can get crazy

Way too early

well, good thing that a sports forum is a place for such "cheap" talk, huh

MC KAos

Reaction score
casmith07;4590218 said:
Heard on the radio that the Spurs will reach out to Garnett.

i wonder if there is anything behind it that has something to do with Duncan's future, maybe they are gonna go after garnett because they know he is probably going to retire.

casmith07

Attorney-at-Zone
Reaction score
MC KAos;4590229 said:
i wonder if there is anything behind it that has something to do with Duncan's future, maybe they are gonna go after garnett because they know he is probably going to retire.

Quality depth.

Garnett would be scary in Miami coming off the bench with Haslem in place of Bosh. Or even starting at the 4 with Haslem as the "6th man".

Reaction score
casmith07;4590240 said:
Quality depth.

Garnett would be scary in Miami coming off the bench with Haslem in place of Bosh. Or even starting at the 4 with Haslem as the "6th man".

Lol KG isn't coming off the bench for anyone. He's gonna wanna start somewhere and rightfully so.

MC KAos

Reaction score
casmith07;4590240 said:
Quality depth.

i dont think he would go to miami, he seems to despise them quite vehemently. i hope he comes to the spurs and duncan returns, along with diaw. i wont miss danny green too much, he will probably get offered more than he is trully worth in the open market and i doubt the spurs would match.

casmith07

Attorney-at-Zone
Reaction score
MC KAos;4590261 said:
i dont think he would go to miami, he seems to despise them quite vehemently. i hope he comes to the spurs and duncan returns, along with diaw. i wont miss danny green too much, he will probably get offered more than he is trully worth in the open market and i doubt the spurs would match.

Spurs need to add another reliable swingman, too.