2012 NBA Offseason Thread

Reaction score
MC KAos;4651886 said:
at least the spurs are old/young, not just old

Neither are the Lakers. We have one of the best young players in the league in Andrew Bynum and a solid backup big in Jordan Hill.

NeonNinja

Dash28
Reaction score
casmith07;4652571 said:
So how about Dwight Howard blowing off the kids camp this week?

Orlando run kids camp or Howard's camp?

He can be upset with the organization but he should show up for the kids.

MC KAos

Reaction score
casmith07;4652571 said:
So how about Dwight Howard blowing off the kids camp this week?

im really starting to hate that guy, he would be perfect for the lakers

jterrell

Penguinite
Reaction score
Cowboys&LakersFan;4651899 said:
How are we done? We added an All Star point guard in Steve Nash and a terrific sixth man in Antawn Jamison. Also re-signed a solid young player in Jordan Hill.

Pau isn't what he used to be, but he's still an All Star. Kobe is still one of the top players in the league, Nash as I said is still one of the better point guards in the league, Bynum is a beast and will only get better.

The Lakers have a terrific team are a legit championship contender..

keep telling yourself that.

nash isn't an all-star anymore. no more than jeremy lin is.

antawn jamison is terrible which is why he signed for the vet minimum. he wasn't wanted anywhere else that wins more than 30 games. he went where they'd have no choice but to play him because the depth is so poor. jamison scores and rebounds but he is completely floorbound and can not defend anyone, ever. you play him with nash and good grief. might as well get don nelson in as head coach.

lakers issues: age, severe lack of depth, new offense, lack of defensive players after bynum, poor coaching, severe possibility bynum is looking for the door.

people assuming the lakers challenge for a title are making the classic mistake of thinking everything goes right all year. that almost never happens.

crazytown41

Reaction score
Makes more sense for the Magic than that idiotic Cavs deal.

But I dont see Lakers trading Bynum and Pau.

We'll see how much say Kobe has in all this since he said just a few weeks ago that he wants Pau a Laker for life.

Reaction score
crazytown41;4654817 said:
Makes more sense for the Magic than that idiotic Cavs deal.

But I dont see Lakers trading Bynum and Pau.

We'll see how much say Kobe has in all this since he said just a few weeks ago that he wants Pau a Laker for life.

That would be idiotic on our part.

casmith07

Attorney-at-Zone
Reaction score
Dash28;4652741 said:
Orlando run kids camp or Howard's camp?

He can be upset with the organization but he should show up for the kids.

The Dwight Howard camp. His own camp.

Tabascocat

Dexternjack
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
The NBA has gone downhill since the likes of Hakeem, Robinson, Malone, Ewing, Jordan, Stockton, Kemp, etc, etc. Kobe is the last of the Mohicans. If the league doesn't implement some sort of age requirement or 2 years of college, then I think the league will be irrelevant in 10 years. I don't want to watch thugs play the game, I miss the old days of great shooting and defense, not a me attitude of selfish ball control.

Reaction score
dexternjack;4655070 said:
The NBA has gone downhill since the likes of Hakeem, Robinson, Malone, Ewing, Jordan, Stockton, Kemp, etc, etc. Kobe is the last of the Mohicans. If the league doesn't implement some sort of age requirement or 2 years of college, then I think the league will be irrelevant in 10 years. I don't want to watch thugs play the game, I miss the old days of great shooting and defense, not a me attitude of selfish ball control.

I wouldn't go that far. You still have guys like Kevin Durant who will make this league relevant for a long, long time. In many ways he's like a younger version of Kobe. Not as good obviously, but similar players IMO. In just his fifth year in the league he led his team to the NBA Finals defeating the two best teams of this generation in the Lakers and Spurs along the way. That's very. Very impressive. He's my favorite player in the league after Kobe. I love watching that kid play. Barring injury KD will go down as one of the greatest players of all time.

jterrell

Penguinite
Reaction score
John Hollinger ‏@johnhollinger

As others have noted, this one reeks of "hey Houston, we're gonna do this. I swear. I'm just about to do it. No really. Here I go ..."
Expand

Retweet
Favorite

3h John Hollinger John Hollinger ‏@johnhollinger

Not clear to me what Philly's involvement would be, unless they're moving Iggy for shorter deals.
Expand

Retweet
Favorite

3h John Hollinger John Hollinger ‏@johnhollinger

Based on Yahoo! report of four-way Howard talks, I gotta think Denver's $13 million TPE from Nene deal is a major, major factor in it.

Reaction score
Dwight Howard Trade Very Close

Dwight-Howard-picture.jpg

A four-team trade that would send Dwight Howard to the Los Angeles Lakers is "very close" to happening and could be agreed upon Friday, league sources told ESPN The Magazine's Chris Broussard.

In the proposed four-team deal, sources told Broussard that Howard and Denver Nuggets forward Al Harrington would go to Los Angeles, Lakers forward Pau Gasol and Nuggets guard Arron Afflalo would go to the Orlando Magic, Philadelphia 76ers guard Andre Iguodala would go to Denver, and Lakers center Andrew Bynum would go to Philadelphia.

A league source told ESPNLosAngeles.com's Ramona Shelburne that the pieces in the potential trade are still very fluid and that Gasol has been in and out of the deal. The source, though, said the deal still is very close to happening and could go down Friday morning.

Source: ESPN

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
Looks like Howard to the Lakers in exchange for Bynum and a 2017 1st round pick. Lakers also acquire PF Earl Clark and PG Chris Duhon. If that's what it cost the Lakers, then I'd say Kup, once again, out did himself cause that's a pretty damn good trade for the Lakers.

Reaction score
OKC extends Ibaka. Wonder what this means for Harden.

Oklahoma City forward Serge Ibaka has reached agreement on a four-year, $40-million plus contract extension, league sources told Yahoo! Sports.

Ibaka, 22, could’ve been a restricted free agent next summer, and his deal now locks into place three of the Thunder’s core young stars --- Kevin Durant, Russell Westbrook and Ibaka. Durant and Westbrook each have the maximum contracts allowed under the NBA's collective bargaining agreement.

This deal leaves the future uncertain for guard James Harden, who could command a maximum contract on the league market as a restricted free agent next summer.

Along with the remainder of Kendrick Perkins' three years and $27 million, the small-market Thunder will be hard-pressed to invest so much money into their payroll.

In his third NBA season in 2011-’12, Ibaka averaged 9.5 points, 7.5 rebounds and 3.6 blocks per game. He’s one of the league’s best rim protectors, and been rapidly developing his offensive game. Ibaka was a key player on Spain’s silver-medal-winning Olympic team this month in London.

Source: Adrian Wojnarowski