2012 NBA Offseason Thread

Reaction score
RastaRocket;4590530 said:
No he isn't a super star but he's only 22 years old and a very good player. There is a reason he is already starting over Lou. For one, his defense is outstanding.

Do you really think any of these teams can build a championship team around Pau? I don't. I see no reason to trade young talent for a guy like Pau.

No, but not everyone is contending for a championship.

RastaRocket

Sanka, Ya Dead Mon? Ya Mon.
Reaction score
Cowboys&LakersFan;4590531 said:
No, but not everyone is contending for a championship.

The only reason you trade for a guy like Gasol is for the last piece of a championship puzzle. He is definitely nothing to build around.

Reaction score
RastaRocket;4590533 said:
The only reason you trade for a guy like Gasol is for the last piece of a championship puzzle. He is definitely nothing to build around.

I never said he was. Not all teams are contending for titles. First you need to make the playoffs and Pau can you get there.

RastaRocket

Reaction score
Cowboys&LakersFan;4590535 said:
I never said he was. Not all teams are contending for titles. First you need to make the playoffs and Pau can you get there.

For sure, I agree with that. But Houston could easily make the playoffs next year with what they got already; and Philly already has 2 years in a row.

Christiann

Reaction score
Even with an aging Gasol, he will still gather us some good pieces. Before the season started the initial offer from Houston was Dragic/Martin/Scola/AND Hill for Pau. When it got to midway through the season it was still Dragic/Martin/Scola but the Lakers didn't want to take Scola's contract. So I can totally see this Houston trade actually happening this offseason after what happened in the Playoffs. As for Philly Iggy is starting to become the center of trade talk, and that deal that I posted earlier has been discussed before. Another trade that can happen is a trade with Chicago. They initially offered us Boozer/Deng/Gibson for Pau midway through the season. I can see something being cooked up like this if they are looking to ship out Pau as well as Bynum to NJ.

Pau for Deng/Gibson/Filler(Korver?)

Bynum to NJ for DWill + draft picks or with Lopez.

Again sign Beasley/Odom and Resign Hill. If rumor has it that Brandon Roy wants to test his legs and tryout for the Lakers(as reports have been showing)

Lineup would look like this:
DWill/Sessions
Kobe/Roy/Goudelock
Deng/Beasley/Korver
Odom/Filler
Lopez/Hill

Reaction score
Christiann;4590556 said:
Even with an aging Gasol, he will still gather us some good pieces. Before the season started the initial offer from Houston was Dragic/Martin/Scola/AND Hill for Pau. When it got to midway through the season it was still Dragic/Martin/Scola but the Lakers didn't want to take Scola's contract. So I can totally see this Houston trade actually happening this offseason after what happened in the Playoffs. As for Philly Iggy is starting to become the center of trade talk, and that deal that I posted earlier has been discussed before. Another trade that can happen is a trade with Chicago. They initially offered us Boozer/Deng/Gibson for Pau midway through the season. I can see something being cooked up like this if they are looking to ship out Pau as well as Bynum to NJ.

Pau for Deng/Gibson/Filler(Korver?)

Bynum to NJ for DWill + draft picks or with Lopez.

Again sign Beasley/Odom and Resign Hill. If rumor has it that Brandon Roy wants to test his legs and tryout for the Lakers(as reports have been showing)

Lineup would look like this:
DWill/Sessions
Kobe/Roy/Goudelock
Deng/Beasley/Korver
Odom/Filler
Lopez/Hill

Hypothetically speaking if all that went down I'd ship out Lopez and Deng for Dwight and Andersen. Leaves you with this.

Williams/Sessions
Bryant/Roy or Goudelock
World Peace/Andersen
Odom/Beasley
Howard/Hill

RastaRocket

Reaction score
No way y'all are going to get Lowry though. Also, I don't see why Chicago would do that either lol. Maybe for Boozer but not Deng and Gibson. They are already good enough. What would Chicago do with Pau and Boozer? Getting rid of Deng would just make them lopsided.

Reaction score
RastaRocket;4590560 said:
No way y'all are going to get Lowry though. Also, I don't see why Chicago would do that either lol. Maybe for Boozer but not Deng and Gibson. They are already good enough.

You're really underrating Pau Gasol and also overrating players he could potentially be traded for.

MC KAos

Reaction score
i agree, there is absolutely no reason for the sixers to make that trade, one of their better players and highest paid guys is brand, why make a trade for someone with that much money, at that age, at the same position? it just makes absolutely no sense for them.

no way the rockets give up all three of those guys for gasol, either. i think it will be lowry and scola straight up or lowry, martin for gasol and fillers. thats also assuming that the rockets resign dragic.

RastaRocket

Reaction score
Cowboys&LakersFan;4590561 said:
You're really underrating Pau Gasol and also overrating players he could potentially be traded for.

No I am not. I understand Gasol is a world class player but he is getting up there in age and wont get these teams over the hump. They need to stick to their young guns.

I read those trades and every one just sounds like the Lakers are just going to rob any team.

RastaRocket

Reaction score
MC KAos;4590910 said:
i agree, there is absolutely no reason for the sixers to make that trade, one of their better players and highest paid guys is brand, why make a trade for someone with that much money, at that age, at the same position? it just makes absolutely no sense for them.

no way the rockets give up all three of those guys for gasol, either. i think it will be lowry and scola straight up or lowry, martin for gasol and fillers. thats also assuming that the rockets resign dragic.

I don't understand why Houston would trade Lowry though. Maybe sign and trade Dragic.

MC KAos

Reaction score
RastaRocket;4590983 said:
I don't understand why Houston would trade Lowry though. Maybe sign and trade Dragic.

well, from what i saw from afar, it seemed to me like they played better as a team with dragic. ether way, i dont think they will be trading one without having the other, so if the lakers want lowry, they need dragic to stay in H town.

RastaRocket

Reaction score
MC KAos;4591105 said:
well, from what i saw from afar, it seemed to me like they played better as a team with dragic. ether way, i dont think they will be trading one without having the other, so if the lakers want lowry, they need dragic to stay in H town.

I did read about some trades with Lowry. But it was like Lowry, Morris, and a pick for Gasol.

One I read for Philly was Iguodala and Nikola Vucevic for Pau. Those seem more reasonable.

NeonNinja

Dash28
Reaction score
RastaRocket;4590499 said:
Also, Lowry/Scola/Martin for Pau and a filler?

That will never happen either.

That exact trade but with dragic came really close to happening at trade deadline.

And now reports of Lowry wanting out, so it could happen without a doubt.

It failed after Hou didn't get Nene.

RastaRocket

Reaction score
Dash28;4591126 said:
That exact trade but with dragic came really close to happening at trade deadline.

I think it's fine with Dragic... but not Lowry. I'm not Houston though. I would never make the trade.

MC KAos

Reaction score
Dash28;4591126 said:

ya but that was before dragic blew up in the second half of the year.

NeonNinja

Dash28
Reaction score
MC KAos;4591133 said:
ya but that was before dragic blew up in the second half of the year.

That's what opens up Lowry in talks now, and he reportedly doesn't want to play for the current coach now.

MC KAos

Reaction score
Dash28;4591137 said:
That's what opens up Lowry in talks now, and he reportedly doesn't want to play for the current coach now.

yup, best case for the lakers IMO is the rockets retain dragic, trade lowry and scola for pau.