2012 NBA Offseason Thread

Reaction score
If the Lakers can get Williams I could easily see Garnett going there. Him and Kobe are great buddies and he wanted to play there before in 2007. If the gets Williams then Howard is pretty much guaranteed to go there.

Williams
Kobe
World Peace
KG
Howard

Title #17.

NeonNinja

Dash28
Reaction score
I thought Duncan hated KG?

Hearing rumblings of KG to LA but early in process and hear a lot of rumors.

MC KAos

Reaction score
casmith07;4590268 said:
Spurs need to add another reliable swingman, too.

i think back up PG and defensive big are much bigger priorities, between manu, neal, kawhi and DaTrillStack i think we are ok at the wings, plus we might bring de colo over from europe.

MC KAos

Reaction score
Dash28;4590278 said:
I thought Duncan hated KG?

Hearing rumblings of KG to LA but early in process and hear a lot of rumors.

ya, thats why i think its either bologna or duncan is retiring and they want to replace him with KG

Biggems

White and Nerdy
Reaction score
Well we have 1 draft pick, #59. I doubt we keep it, but if we do, it will most likely be some stash away Euro. We most likely draft someone for some other team (meaning we draft a player, then trade his rights for either money or a future 2nd rounder).

Lot's of talk about us bringing over Lorbek and/or de Colo or Sanikidze.

We will try to re-sign Diaw and Green. I assume we will try to keep Mills. Anderson is gone. Blair has one more year and is possible trade bait. oh and Duncan will definitely re-sign for at least 2, if not 3 years.

Christiann

Reaction score
Realistically, I can see the Lakers making moves in the offseason with a couple teams. Trades that have been interesting in my eyes have been the Pau for Igoudala/Holliday trade as well as the Lowry/Scola/Martin trade for Pau & Filler. I wouldn't be surprised if we made a run at DWill, but I really like the Philly trade.

Resign Hill, Sign Beasley and sign Odom back for the League Minimum.

Holliday/Sessions
Kobe/Goudelock
World Peace/Beasley
Igouldala/Odom
Bynum/Hill

bounce

Reaction score
Duncan is not going to retire. He has said plenty of times that he's good for about 2 or 3 more years. As much as he's slowed down, he's still a great big man. He went 25 and 14 in his final game this year. He'll resign with the Spurs.

As for KG, I don't see it happening, but I'd love it. I think they're both professional enough to set aside differences to co-exist. He'd be a perfect fit on SA.

Danny Green - sign him if the price is right, but if Boston throws a lot of money at him, let him walk. Great fit, but guys like him are a dime a dozen.

MC KAos

Reaction score
i agree, bounce, just seems weird he still has no agent. no doubt he can still ball, but maybe he just wants to be with his family. i wouldnt be completely opposed to him pulling a roger clemens (not the steroid part) and just joining the team around mid january, but thats just not gonna happen. ultimately, i think its a personal, family decision he will make, because physically, he is still really good, and the way pop manages his minutes, he can easily play 2 more years at a high level

MC KAos

Reaction score
Christiann;4590464 said:
Realistically, I can see the Lakers making moves in the offseason with a couple teams. Trades that have been interesting in my eyes have been the Pau for Igoudala/Holliday trade as well as the Lowry/Scola/Martin trade for Pau & Filler. I wouldn't be surprised if we made a run at DWill, but I really like the Philly trade.

Holliday/Sessions
Kobe/Goudelock
World Peace/Beasley
Igouldala/Odom
Bynum/Hill

thats a lot of good moves for the lakers, i dont think the sixers would make that trade, though. the rockets seem to have a good relationship with the lakers, so i think a trade with them is much more likely.

Reaction score
Christiann;4590464 said:

Holliday/Sessions
Kobe/Goudelock
World Peace/Beasley
Igouldala/Odom
Bynum/Hill

That's a great trade, however Iggy can't play the 4. First and foremost we need to try to acquire Deron, but if not then this would be a good trade.

RastaRocket

Sanka, Ya Dead Mon? Ya Mon.
Reaction score
Philly is not going to trade Holliday especially for old man Gasol.

RastaRocket

Reaction score
Cowboys&LakersFan;4590491 said:
I don't see why not. Holiday is a good player, but he's not as good as Gasol.

He's very young though.

Plus, giving up Iggy and Holliday for Gasol is just dumb.

RastaRocket

Reaction score
Also, Lowry/Scola/Martin for Pau and a filler?

That will never happen either.

Reaction score
RastaRocket;4590496 said:
He's very young though.

Plus, giving up Iggy and Holliday for Gasol is just dumb.

Not really. They have a terrific backup point guard in Lou Williams and they desperately need an inside scorer. Williams can easily replace Holiday's production and Pau will replace Iggy's.

Reaction score
RastaRocket;4590499 said:
Also, Lowry/Scola/Martin for Pau and a filler?

That will never happen either.

Again I don't see why not. It was on the table at the trade deadline, but the Lakers weren't ready to part with Pau.

RastaRocket

Reaction score
Cowboys&LakersFan;4590500 said:
Not really. They have a terrific backup point guard in Lou Williams and they desperately need an inside scorer. Williams can easily replace Holiday's production and Pau will replace Iggy's.

Maybe trade Williams or Turner but not Holliday.

RastaRocket

Reaction score
Cowboys&LakersFan;4590502 said:
Again I don't see why not. It was on the table at the trade deadline, but the Lakers weren't ready to part with Pau.

Rockets must be stupid then.

RastaRocket

Reaction score
Cowboys&LakersFan;4590525 said:
He's nothing special.

No he isn't a super star but he's only 22 years old and a very good player. There is a reason he is already starting over Lou. For one, his defense is outstanding.

Do you really think any of these teams can build a championship team around Pau? I don't. I see no reason to trade young talent for a guy like Pau.