2012 NBA Offseason Thread

Reaction score
StarBoyz83;4641276 said:
who cares about the mavs spurs or lakers they will not get passed thunder and nobody will beat heat in the finals again so........

Ok Nostradamus.

I don't see how OKC is the clearcut favorite in the West. The Spurs can and should've beat them, but OKC went crazy from the outside. The Lakers with their additions can most certaintly beat them. As for Miami they're the defending champs and should be considered the favorite, but they aren't unbeatable by any means.

MC KAos

Reaction score
its gonna be one of 5 teams to win the title, spurs, lakers, thunder, celtics or heat. id bet every penny i own that the champion will be one of those five teams

jterrell

Penguinite
Reaction score
Cowboys&LakersFan;4640684 said:
I've already gaven you the stat that shows Nash was #8 in isolation defense among NBA All Stars. You are convinetly ignoring them.

no, you didn't give me the stat. you quoted a silly stat quite a lot.

jterrell

Penguinite
Reaction score
Cowboys&LakersFan;4640855 said:
It says that among all the players who made the All Star team last season that Steve Nash was 8th in isolation defense. Not a great lockdown defender, but he's not horrible. As for Nash/Parker the stats show that Parker didn't own Nash like you claimed he did. It was indeed a wash. As for the Lakers/Spurs. As I said earlier it'll come down to the Lakers size advantage versus the Spurs depth advantage. By adding Nash and Jamison the Lakers are now a legit championship contender. There's no denying that. In the West it's a three team race between Oklahoma City and the Lakers and Spurs.

ROFL. You took a one line tweet that wasn't backed by a link to the actual stats and use that as your basis for reality? Over things like ... actually watching him play? HAHAHAHA.

Believe what you want.
Nash sucks on defense. Stats will back that up because it is 100% accurate. There will also be stats that make him look better than he is. That is the nature of stats.

Until Nash wins series over Tony Parker he can't pretend to win those match ups. He wasn't at 35 much less 39.

Nash will be entertaining at times (though the princeton offense removes most of that) but he will struggle defensively. he is simply not athletic enough to be a good defender.

DFWJC

Reaction score
I've seen Steve Nash play either live or on TV more than 600 games.
He is a terrible defender.

Reaction score
jterrell;4641892 said:
ROFL. You took a one line tweet that wasn't backed by a link to the actual stats and use that as your basis for reality? Over things like ... actually watching him play? HAHAHAHA.

Believe what you want.
Nash sucks on defense. Stats will back that up because it is 100% accurate. There will also be stats that make him look better than he is. That is the nature of stats.

Until Nash wins series over Tony Parker he can't pretend to win those match ups. He wasn't at 35 much less 39.

Nash will be entertaining at times (though the princeton offense removes most of that) but he will struggle defensively. he is simply not athletic enough to be a good defender.

Dude I already gave you the link. You're clearly not intelligent enough to read it. The stat clearly proves Steve Nash is not a terrible defender like you claim he is. Nash already won a playoff series over Parker a couple of years ago in 2010. Matter of fact he swept him. I've watched Nash throughout his career. He's an incredible offensive player and defensively as I said underrated. He's been one of my favorite players and I'm very happy that he's a Laker. Dude his a first ballot HOF, a top 10 point guard of all time, and deserves to win a championship.

jterrell

Penguinite
Reaction score
Cowboys&LakersFan;4642036 said:
Yes I did. Not my fault you're not smar enough to read a simple stat.

link the stat not a random comment on twitter.

MC KAos

Reaction score
Cowboys&LakersFan;4642032 said:
Dude I already gave you the link. You're clearly not intelligent enough to read it. The stat clearly proves Steve Nash is not a terrible defender like you claim he is. Nash already won a playoff series over Parker a couple of years ago in 2010. Matter of fact he swept him. I've watched Nash throughout his career. He's an incredible offensive player and defensively as I said underrated. He's been one of my favorite players and I'm very happy that he's a Laker. Dude his a first ballot HOF, a top 10 point guard of all time, and deserves to win a championship.

a)even a broken clock is right twice a day

b)the suns won that series entirely because of dragic's play, and ginobili being injured, yet again.

RastaRocket

Sanka, Ya Dead Mon? Ya Mon.
Reaction score
Speaking of Suns vs. Spurs...

[youtube]fvkKdXLwt0U[/youtube]

Now I'm dipping back out of this thread until the NBA has something worth talking about.

Reaction score
MC KAos;4642464 said:
a)even a broken clock is right twice a day

b)the suns won that series entirely because of dragic's play, and ginobili being injured, yet again.

Yeah I'm sure Nash's averages of 22 points and 8 assists had nothing to do with it. :rolleyes:

Reaction score
RastaRocket;4643163 said:
Speaking of Suns vs. Spurs...

[youtube]fvkKdXLwt0U[/youtube]

Now I'm dipping back out of this thread until the NBA has something worth talking about.

It's a shame. If it wasn't for that Nash would have a ring.

MC KAos

Reaction score
ya, im sure the suns only lost to the spurs because of the refs, i mean, its not like the spurs won about 75 percent of the games they played vs the suns in the nash era or anything

StarBoyz83

Reaction score
I like the lakers but they're dynasty is over I'm guessing. They just don't seem to have it anymore. Pau is not such a force anymore. They'll have trouble with the spurs who are old too.

MC KAos

Reaction score
StarBoyz83;4651865 said:
I like the lakers but they're dynasty is over I'm guessing. They just don't seem to have it anymore. Pau is not such a force anymore. They'll have trouble with the spurs who are old too.

at least the spurs are old/young, not just old

Reaction score
StarBoyz83;4651865 said:

How are we done? We added an All Star point guard in Steve Nash and a terrific sixth man in Antawn Jamison. Also re-signed a solid young player in Jordan Hill.

Pau isn't what he used to be, but he's still an All Star. Kobe is still one of the top players in the league, Nash as I said is still one of the better point guards in the league, Bynum is a beast and will only get better.

The Lakers have a terrific team are a legit championship contender..