2012 NBA Offseason Thread

Noryb

Reaction score
MC KAos;4640247 said:
:laugh2:

you must have missed all the spurs suns games from the past 7 years, because parker has always abused nash, he just cant stay with him. and nash hasnt done any better against parker than he does against anyone else. its not an accident that the spurs have dominated the suns since steve nash got there, any child with half a brain can see that, but i guess a blind homer cant.

he was abused so bad that they would pull him off of Parker and stick him on Bowens.

jterrell

Penguinite
Reaction score
Cowboys&LakersFan;4639983 said:
Dude you're the one posting trash I'm posting facts. Steve Nash has not declined one bit. His efficiency last year was as high as it's ever. He shot a phenomonal 53 percent from the field. That's great for anybody, but especially a point guard. His true shooting percentage (Accounts for field goal attempts and free throws) was 62. That's insane efficiency. His numbers were slightly down because he played dramatically less minutes. In his reduced minutes he still averaged nearly 11 assists a game which was the 2nd most in the NBA behind only Rajon Rondo. I never said the Suns were any good learn how to read. I said Nash had them in the playoffs race in a brutal Western Conference which was very impressive. As for Nash helping Kobe he even said himself that with Nash he can move back to hos natural position of being a flat out scorer instead of having to faciltate for others. Kobe is the primary reason Nash went to the Lakers. He heavily recruited him why would he do that if he wasn't willing to sacrifice a little bit? As for Nash/Parker debate here are each's stats each them faced each other in the playoffs.

2003 Playoffs:

Tony Parker :

16 points, 4 assists, 3 rebounds, 42 FG%.

Steve Nash :

15 points, 7 assists, 4 rebounds, 43 FG%.

2005 Playoffs

Tony Parker :

20 points, 4 assists, 3 rebounds, 46 FG%.

Steve Nash :

23 points, 11 assists, 4 rebounds, 52 FG%.

2007 Playoffs

Tony Parker :

21 points, 6 assists, 3 rebounds, 45 FG%.

Steve Nash :

21 points, 13 assists, 4 rebounds, 48 FG%.

2008 Playoffs

Tony Parker :

30 points, 7 assists, 4 rebounds, 52 FG%.

Steve Nash :

16 points, 8 assists, 3 rebounds, 46 FG%.

2010 Playoffs

Tony Parker :

20 points, 5 assists, 4 rebounds, 48 FG%.

Steve Nash :

22 points, 8 assists, 5 rebounds, 56 FG%.

Averages

Tony Parker:

21 points, 5 assists, 3 rebounds, 47 FG%.

Steve Nash:

19 points, 9 assists, 4 rebounds, 49 FG%.

So in all those playoff matchups Nash averaged more assists, more rebounds, and shot a higher FG%. Parker averaged slightly more points, but only because he shot more.

How many times did Tony Parker's team win the series???

Parker is the 3rd option on the Spurs but outscored Nash who was at worst the second option.

Parker runs a half court offense meant to get shots for Duncan and Ginobli. Nash ran a fastbreak offense meant to get easy baskets. Watch the actual games.

Reaction score
MC KAos;4640247 said:
:laugh2:

you must have missed all the spurs suns games from the past 7 years, because parker has always abused nash, he just cant stay with him. and nash hasnt done any better against parker than he does against anyone else. its not an accident that the spurs have dominated the suns since steve nash got there, any child with half a brain can see that, but i guess a blind homer cant.

Again look at the numbers I posted Nash didn't get abused by any means.

Reaction score
RastaRocket;4640151 said:
Tony Parker is easily better than Nash at this point in his career. There is more to sports in numbers. Just watch TP play and anybody can see that. Nash isn't a scrub like some are making him out to be though, but if you think he is better than TP your a blind homer.

I've watched both players alot over the years including last season. Nash is better than Parker and the stats prove it.

Reaction score
jterrell;4640346 said:
How many times did Tony Parker's team win the series???

Parker is the 3rd option on the Spurs but outscored Nash who was at worst the second option.

Parker runs a half court offense meant to get shots for Duncan and Ginobli. Nash ran a fastbreak offense meant to get easy baskets. Watch the actual games.

The Spurs won four of the five playoff series, but that wasn't my point. I mever disputed the fact that the Spurs have owned Nash's team in playoffs matchup, but the notion that Nash was abused by Tony Parker individually is false.

Reaction score
Noryb;4640283 said:
And if you think he plays defense you are also a homer. I don't care what stats you pull up, he is a horrible defender. In fact, I don't even think he tries. His stats might also be helped by the fact that coaches hide him on defense. How bad can your stats be when your stuck in the corner guarding the Bruce Bowens of the world. I hate player comparisons when one of the players doesn't even have the ability/pride to guard the other player.

I said it before and I'll say it again there is a reason why this two time MVP has never played in a conference final and I' wouldn't be shocked if that streak continues next year.

Again I never said he played great or lockdown defense, but this notion that Steve is a terrible defenfer is clearly false. Statistically he was the 8th best defensive player among NBA All Star's last season. Nash has also played in multiple conference finals. 2005, 2006, & 2010.

RastaRocket

Sanka, Ya Dead Mon? Ya Mon.
Reaction score
Cowboys&LakersFan;4640480 said:
I've watched both players alot over the years including last season. Nash is better than Parker and the stats prove it.

Eh whatever no point in debating with you because if your a Laker you are basically god on the basketball court.

RastaRocket

Sanka, Ya Dead Mon? Ya Mon.
Reaction score
Noryb;4640283 said:
And if you think he plays defense you are also a homer. I don't care what stats you pull up, he is a horrible defender. In fact, I don't even think he tries. His stats might also be helped by the fact that coaches hide him on defense. How bad can your stats be when your stuck in the corner guarding the Bruce Bowens of the world. I hate player comparisons when one of the players doesn't even have the ability/pride to guard the other player.

I said it before and I'll say it again there is a reason why this two time MVP has never played in a conference final and I' wouldn't be shocked if that streak continues next year.

I'm not a Spurs fan lol.

Reaction score
RastaRocket;4640498 said:
Eh whatever no point in debating with you because if your a Laker you are basically god on the basketball court.

That has nothing to do with it. I watched the games, but look at the stats as well. My eyes and stats both tell me Nash is better than Parker.

jterrell

Penguinite
Reaction score
Cowboys&LakersFan;4640495 said:
Again I never said he played great or lockdown defense, but this notion that Steve is a terrible defenfer is clearly false. Statistically he was the 8th best defensive player among NBA All Star's last season. Nash has also played in multiple conference finals. 2005, 2006, & 2010.

He was NOT the 8th best defender amongst all-star's last year. He wasn't even top 15. You are using a clearly ******** metric and repeating it ad nauseum. Where are Nash's all-defensive team awards? More than 8 NBA All-Stars had all-defense nods. Nash didn't get a single vote.

Providing head to head data means very little when the players aren't going head to head. Again, people who have watched Nash play hundreds of games more than you are telling you he is poor defensively and often gets switched over to guard 2 guards.

Nash is a truly gifted passer and he is extremely efficient offensively. But those numbers were developed in a run and gun system. The Lakers are running the EXACT opposite of that with the Princeton system. Nash is being asked to run half court stuff and turn around and defend along side a bunch of aging geezers.

Reaction score
jterrell;4640531 said:
He was NOT the 8th best defender amongst all-star's last year. He wasn't even top 15. You are using a clearly ******** metric and repeating it ad nauseum. Where are Nash's all-defensive team awards? More than 8 NBA All-Stars had all-defense nods. Nash didn't get a single vote.

Providing head to head data means very little when the players aren't going head to head. Again, people who have watched Nash play hundreds of games more than you are telling you he is poor defensively and often gets switched over to guard 2 guards.

Nash is a truly gifted passer and he is extremely efficient offensively. But those numbers were developed in a run and gun system. The Lakers are running the EXACT opposite of that with the Princeton system. Nash is being asked to run half court stuff and turn around and defend along side a bunch of aging geezers.

I've already gaven you the stat that shows Nash was #8 in isolation defense among NBA All Stars. You are convinetly ignoring them.

Noryb

Reaction score
Cowboys&LakersFan;4640495 said:

You are right. I got conference finals and nba finals confused.

Noryb

Reaction score
Cowboys&LakersFan;4640684 said:
I've already gaven you the stat that shows Nash was #8 in isolation defense among NBA All Stars. You are convinetly ignoring them.

I don't know if I missed it, but do you have a link for this?

MC KAos

Reaction score
Cowboys&LakersFan;4640802 said:

that doesnt say anything, was it in the all star game? or the season? what? its a link to a twitter account and the actual tweet itself, where is this guys proof? thats a very ambiguous thing to say.

as for the nash vs parker debate, its like the bynum thing all over again, you throw stats around like its the end all of a debate. how about you check the difference in their stats from their series to the regular season stats? you will see that nash's stats dropped vs the spurs while parker's scoring output increased. pop knows how to beat nash run teams and he sure as hell knows how to beat mike brown, good luck beating us next year though.

Reaction score
MC KAos;4640844 said:
that doesnt say anything, was it in the all star game? or the season? what? its a link to a twitter account and the actual tweet itself, where is this guys proof? thats a very ambiguous thing to say.

as for the nash vs parker debate, its like the bynum thing all over again, you throw stats around like its the end all of a debate. how about you check the difference in their stats from their series to the regular season stats? you will see that nash's stats dropped vs the spurs while parker's scoring output increased. pop knows how to beat nash run teams and he sure as hell knows how to beat mike brown, good luck beating us next year though.

It says that among all the players who made the All Star team last season that Steve Nash was 8th in isolation defense. Not a great lockdown defender, but he's not horrible. As for Nash/Parker the stats show that Parker didn't own Nash like you claimed he did. It was indeed a wash. As for the Lakers/Spurs. As I said earlier it'll come down to the Lakers size advantage versus the Spurs depth advantage. By adding Nash and Jamison the Lakers are now a legit championship contender. There's no denying that. In the West it's a three team race between Oklahoma City and the Lakers and Spurs.

StarBoyz83

Reaction score
who cares about the mavs spurs or lakers they will not get passed thunder and nobody will beat heat in the finals again so........