2013 MLB Playoffs Thread

juck

Reaction score
ABQCOWBOY;4792938 said:
There is no hard cap in Baseball. If the Yankees wanted to, they could easily sign whomever they wanted. How bad to they want to? I don't know the answer to that but I do know this. The Yankees are not nearly in as bad a situation as you guys are making them out to be.

I don't know what the Yankees want to do with A Rod but I suspect they may wish to keep him. Now, I could be wrong there but lets say the Yankees did decide to move A Rod, I think they could. They could probably pick up part of his salary and trade him. A Rod is not done just yet. I could see a team like the Dodgers being interested in A Rod.

The Yankees have short term contracts with several of the current players on the rostere. Hiroki Kuroda (10 Mil), Andruw Jones (2 Mil), Raul Ibanez (1 Mil, Eric Chavez (900 K), Swisher (10 Mil), Pettitte (5.5 Mil) and Ichiro (17 Mil) are all FAs this season, unless the Yankees decide to bring them back. Jeter (17 Mil) and Mariano Rivera (15 Mil) may also not return. That right there is a significant chunk of change that could become available to the Yankees depending on moves.

I know all of you guys comfort yourselves with the idea that the Yankees are going to be screwed by the cap with no ability to make moves or sign players but that's simply not the case. The Yankees will be able to go get anybody they really want to in FA and probably not just one but a few guys if that is what they decide to do.

Remember, the Yankees still have Michael Pineda, who did not even play for them last year to match with CC, Hughes, Nova, Phelps and either Marianno or Soriano or both next year. Would not be surprised to see them keep Kuroda and Pettitte either and I would bet money that the Yankees will sign another big time arm in the off season. The Yankees still have Robbie Cano, Tex, Granderson, Martin and Brett Gardner coming back under contract.

You can tell yourself that the Yankee fans will be running crazy in the streets with panic or that we will not be in contention for a few years but the truth is that we will be in contention next year. We probably will be better next year then we were this year and we are, more then likely, going to sign more talent.

I love Baseball.

:)

keep the faith hahahaha:lmao:

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
juck;4793097 said:
keep the faith hahahaha:lmao:

No worries, I intend to and I fully expect to see you here next year with the same song and dance, crying about how the Yankees bought a team and how it's not fair they are always in the playoffs.

You may depend on it.

;)

WPBCowboysFan

Reaction score
The problem with A-Fraud is he got old quickly, just like the rest of the team. He cant hit a fastball anymore. If you check the stats, he has just been hitting singles for the last month. He's done basically. The Skankees can eat his contract and get rid of him. But who else other than the Marlins may want him? Some team may take him if they pay very very little of his contract. He also has a no trade clause.

I cant see the Skanks going after Hamilton. NY would be the worst place for him most likely. there are good situations for him and there are bad places to go. NY would be bad.

Granderson has hit HR's the past couple years but his avg sux and he K's all the time. Tex is in decline. Jeter may continue to get a pass from MLB on peeing in a cup, but the blooper and seeing eye groundball King is winding down. Besides, he's so overrated the Yanks would prob benefit from him being gone. Hope he sticks around a few more years.

Sure the Skanks will go out and spend more $$$ than anyone else. Just like they have for how many years in a row now? And every year they fail the rest of the world laughs at them. Nobody but themselves respects them. Highest payroll every year and what, ONE WS title in the past 12 years?
:lmao2: :lmao2: :lmao2: :lmao2: :lmao2: :lmao2: :lmao2:

They arent even very good at buying a championship every year even though they spend more than everyone else.

How long does horse head Giradi have left? When will he be the scapegoat for his overmanaging?

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
WPBCowboysFan;4793220 said:
The problem with A-Fraud is he got old quickly, just like the rest of the team. He cant hit a fastball anymore. If you check the stats, he has just been hitting singles for the last month. He's done basically. The Skankees can eat his contract and get rid of him. But who else other than the Marlins may want him? Some team may take him if they pay very very little of his contract. He also has a no trade clause.

I cant see the Skanks going after Hamilton. NY would be the worst place for him most likely. there are good situations for him and there are bad places to go. NY would be bad.

Granderson has hit HR's the past couple years but his avg sux and he K's all the time. Tex is in decline. Jeter may continue to get a pass from MLB on peeing in a cup, but the blooper and seeing eye groundball King is winding down. Besides, he's so overrated the Yanks would prob benefit from him being gone. Hope he sticks around a few more years.

Sure the Skanks will go out and spend more $$$ than anyone else. Just like they have for how many years in a row now? And every year they fail the rest of the world laughs at them. Nobody but themselves respects them. Highest payroll every year and what, ONE WS title in the past 12 years?

They arent even very good at buying a championship every year even though they spend more than everyone else.

How long does horse head Giradi have left? When will he be the scapegoat for his overmanaging?

Now this is a funny post.

I don't know what's left for A Rod but I suspect he is not done. Either way, the major issue with him is the contract. The Yankees can afford to eat his contract so they could just sit him if he did not produce. However, if the Yankees sat him, he would want to be traded and at that point, we could see exactly what kind of trade deal could be worked out. Either way, it's not a show stopper.

I don't know if the Yankees would want Hamilton or not. I do know this, if they Yankees really wanted him, it's probably a good bet that they could get him. He would not be the guy I would go after but it is possible.

Granderson's average is not great but his power numbers are. 43 HRs and 106 RBIs and he had a Fd% of 1.000. His career percentage is .994. He's turning in great seasons for the Yankees and while he will likely never be a 300 hitter, he will hit 30 to 40 points higher for you. He's a keeper.

Tex did have a down year but it's one year. It's not an indicator of a major decline. He could start to slide but I don't see that. He's still only 32 and has some good years left. I expect him to rebound next season and he is still a Golden Glove talent at his position.

Jeter may or may not come back but I'm interested in where you get the idea that he is using? I've never seen any body indicate, hint, suggest or even elude to anything like that. Where do you get this from? Last year, he was done and all you guys were throwing dirt on his face. This year he hits 313 and you guys don't look so smart anymore. If he retires, I'm sure the Yankees will miss him. I mean, how can you not miss that caliber of player but Nunez is no slouch. He's going to be a 290 -300 hitter in the majors and he can steal bases and will play excellent in the field. He is just waiting for his chance.

This entire business about everybody laughing at the Yankees is BS. I know and so do you. Everybody knows it and actually, the Yankees have won 2 WS in the past 12 years. Since the 2012 WS has not yet been played, it would be from 2000 to 2011 and in that time frame, the Yankees have won it in 2000 and 2009. Nobodies afraid of the Yankees, yeah, that's why you spend more time posting about the Yankees then you do the O's. Your story, you tell it.

At the end of the day, if the Yankees fail, who cares? We as fans don't because every year we are in it and we do win our share of championships. We fans are the only ones that have to care so what's the big deal what other fans think about the Yankees? We don't spend hours posting about the Orioles or whomever. We talk about the Yankees so what do we care? Why do you care? You shouldn't but you do and you know it kills you. We know that too.

Get over the Yankees already.

:laugh2:

WPBCowboysFan

Reaction score
ABQCOWBOY;4793333 said:
Now this is a funny post.

I don't know what's left for A Rod but I suspect he is not done. Either way, the major issue with him is the contract. The Yankees can afford to eat his contract so they could just sit him if he did not produce. However, if the Yankees sat him, he would want to be traded and at that point, we could see exactly what kind of trade deal could be worked out. Either way, it's not a show stopper.

I don't know if the Yankees would want Hamilton or not. I do know this, if they Yankees really wanted him, it's probably a good bet that they could get him. He would not be the guy I would go after but it is possible.

Granderson's average is not great but his power numbers are. 43 HRs and 106 RBIs and he had a Fd% of 1.000. His career percentage is .994. He's turning in great seasons for the Yankees and while he will likely never be a 300 hitter, he will hit 30 to 40 points higher for you. He's a keeper.

Tex did have a down year but it's one year. It's not an indicator of a major decline. He could start to slide but I don't see that. He's still only 32 and has some good years left. I expect him to rebound next season and he is still a Golden Glove talent at his position.

Jeter may or may not come back but I'm interested in where you get the idea that he is using? I've never seen any body indicate, hint, suggest or even elude to anything like that. Where do you get this from? Last year, he was done and all you guys were throwing dirt on his face. This year he hits 313 and you guys don't look so smart anymore. If he retires, I'm sure the Yankees will miss him. I mean, how can you not miss that caliber of player but Nunez is no slouch. He's going to be a 290 -300 hitter in the majors and he can steal bases and will play excellent in the field. He is just waiting for his chance.

This entire business about everybody laughing at the Yankees is BS. I know and so do you. Everybody knows it and actually, the Yankees have one 2 WS in the past 12 years. Since the 2012 WS has not yet been played, it would be from 2000 to 2011 and in that time frame, the Yankees have won it in 2000 and 2009. Nobodies afraid of the Yankees, yeah, that's why you spend more time posting about the Yankees then you do the O's. Your story, you tell it.

At the end of the day, if the Yankees fail, who cares? We as fans don't because every year we are in it and we do win our share of championships. We fans are the only ones that have to care so what's the big deal what other fans think about the Yankees? We don't spend hours posting about the Orioles or whomever. We talk about the Yankees so what do we care? Why do you care? You shouldn't but you do and you know. It kills you and we know that too.

Get over the Yankees already.

:laugh2:

We will see.

Why discuss the Skankees? Seem to be the topic here in this thread now.

As far as the O's, they never get discussed, even when they're good. Its always been that way. The winningest team in the 70's and they didnt get discussed then. Never have and its no big deal to the best fans in baseball.

As far as Jeter - he was done. No bat speed whatsoever and now, this year at age 38 his bat speed has increased. Still not great, but better. How does that happen for a 38 yr old who has been declining, and runs like a lil girl?

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
WPBCowboysFan;4793358 said:

We will see.

Why discuss the Skankees? Seem to be the topic here in this thread now.

As far as the O's, they never get discussed, even when they're good. Its always been that way. The winningest team in the 70's and they didnt get discussed then. Never have and its no big deal to the best fans in baseball.

As far as Jeter - he was done. No bat speed whatsoever and now, this year at age 38 his bat speed has increased. Still not great, but better. How does that happen for a 38 yr old who has been declining, and runs like a lil girl?

Yeah, no bat speed. That's why he's a career .313 hitter, because he's got zero bat speed. What did he hit this year. .316, humm......?

If we are going to continue, you are going to have to get better at this.

So basically, the answer to my question on where are you getting the idea he's using is, you pretty much got nothing to substantiate other then the fact that at 38, he is still able to hit? You do realize that Cal Ripken, in his 19th season, hit .340 right? I guess he was dirty too right?

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
cowboyeric8;4802364 said:
I hope the Rangers are in the 2013 playoffs longer than the 2012.

Rangers have a chance to be pretty good next year Eric. I wouldn't be surprised to see them contending for a championship or going deeper into the playoffs.

:)