2013 MLB Playoffs Thread

bigdnlaca

Reaction score
I'm not a big fan of the Yankees (Dodger fan) but I feel bad for Ichiro.

CanadianCowboysFan

Lightning Rod
Reaction score
WPBCowboysFan;4790373 said:
There not done yet. Unless of course the Tigers give something away.

A Tigers sweep would be ideal and the best thing that could happen for MLB fans all across the country.

Why would it be best for MLB fans all across the country?

bigdnlaca

Reaction score
cowboyeric8;4790980 said:
Why? The guy is all about himself.

Because he played for sucky teams while still being productive.

I would be about myself too in a way if the team I play with wasn't going to contend anytime soon.

WPBCowboysFan

Reaction score
ABQCOWBOY;4790693 said:
:laugh2:

Get over the Yankees WPB. Seriously, this is crazy.

Whats crazy is expecting a bunch of self absorbed aging overpaid guys to come thru! :lmao2: :lmao2: :lmao2:

WPBCowboysFan

Reaction score
CanadianCowboysFan;4790831 said:
Why would it be best for MLB fans all across the country?

??????????????

You dont know?

No longer have to hear about them!

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
WPBCowboysFan;4791189 said:
Whats crazy is expecting a bunch of self absorbed aging overpaid guys to come thru! :lmao2: :lmao2: :lmao2:

Yeah, cause it's never happened before right?

27 times

WPBCowboysFan

Reaction score
juck;4792396 said:
Adios Yankee Scum!!! :p:

Yep!

The O's pushed the old guys to the brink and they didnt have anything left.

It will be panic in the Bronx! :lmao2:

Bye Bye A-Fraud

Bye Bye Swisher

Bye Bye Granderson?

Skankees and Red Sux could be battling for the cellar in the AL East next year.

Kangaroo

Reaction score
WPBCowboysFan;4792436 said:
Yep!

Bye Bye A-Fraud

Bye Bye Swisher

Bye Bye Granderson?

Except they are stuck with A fraud for 5 more years at what 20 million it shows how stupid the Yankees where paying a guy that much all the way into his 40's. I said it was stupid contract then and it is still a stupid contract 5 years later :lmao:. They where bidding against themselves and over payed

Yeagermeister

Reaction score
WPBCowboysFan;4792436 said:
Yep!

Bye Bye A-Fraud

Bye Bye Swisher

Bye Bye Granderson?

Nah they'll just go out and buy a new team by July

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
WPBCowboysFan;4792342 said:
But not this year! :)

Gonna be stuck at 27 for a while! :D

No, not this year but any given year, they could. Can't win em all. The better team won and I take my hat off to Detroit.

This year we won't win it. This year we go home and I am certain you understand that very well.

WPBCowboysFan

Reaction score
ABQCOWBOY;4792619 said:
No, not this year but any given year, they could. Can't win em all. The better team won and I take my hat off to Detroit.

This year we won't win it. This year we go home and I am certain you understand that very well.

Yeah, but my team was predicted to win 69 games this season.

Next year look for the Orioles and Rays to be in the mix for the AL East crown. Blue Jays if healthy could possibly compete. Sux and Skanks will have issues. I dont know that the Skankees will be as fortunate as the Sux who had the idiot Dodgers take some bad contracts.

The panic in the Bronx will be fun to watch this offseason.

We might finally be seeing a restoration of the AL East and things returned to how they should be.

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
WPBCowboysFan;4792775 said:

Next year look for the Orioles and Rays to be in the mix for the AL East crown. Blue Jays if healthy could possibly compete. Sux and Skanks will have issues. I dont know that the Skankees will be as fortunate as the Sux who had the idiot Dodgers take some bad contracts.

We might finally be seeing a restoration of the AL East and things returned to how they should be.

Tell you what. You continue to go with predictions and I will continue to enjoy results.

juck

Reaction score
WPBCowboysFan;4792775 said:

Thei gonna try to sign Hambone,well good luck with that. they are strapped having to pay Afraud haha. I love it.

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
There is no hard cap in Baseball. If the Yankees wanted to, they could easily sign whomever they wanted. How bad to they want to? I don't know the answer to that but I do know this. The Yankees are not nearly in as bad a situation as you guys are making them out to be.

I don't know what the Yankees want to do with A Rod but I suspect they may wish to keep him. Now, I could be wrong there but lets say the Yankees did decide to move A Rod, I think they could. They could probably pick up part of his salary and trade him. A Rod is not done just yet. I could see a team like the Dodgers being interested in A Rod.

The Yankees have short term contracts with several of the current players on the rostere. Hiroki Kuroda (10 Mil), Andruw Jones (2 Mil), Raul Ibanez (1 Mil, Eric Chavez (900 K), Swisher (10 Mil), Pettitte (5.5 Mil) and Ichiro (17 Mil) are all FAs this season, unless the Yankees decide to bring them back. Jeter (17 Mil) and Mariano Rivera (15 Mil) may also not return. That right there is a significant chunk of change that could become available to the Yankees depending on moves.

I know all of you guys comfort yourselves with the idea that the Yankees are going to be screwed by the cap with no ability to make moves or sign players but that's simply not the case. The Yankees will be able to go get anybody they really want to in FA and probably not just one but a few guys if that is what they decide to do.

Remember, the Yankees still have Michael Pineda, who did not even play for them last year to match with CC, Hughes, Nova, Phelps and either Marianno or Soriano or both next year. Would not be surprised to see them keep Kuroda and Pettitte either and I would bet money that the Yankees will sign another big time arm in the off season. The Yankees still have Robbie Cano, Tex, Granderson, Martin and Brett Gardner coming back under contract.

You can tell yourself that the Yankee fans will be running crazy in the streets with panic or that we will not be in contention for a few years but the truth is that we will be in contention next year. We probably will be better next year then we were this year and we are, more then likely, going to sign more talent.

I love Baseball.

:)