2013 MLB Playoffs Thread

Tabascocat

Dexternjack
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Joshmil53;4780146 said:
I don't even follow Baseball. It just sickens me how so many people in STL act like they're fans.

Regardless, well-played by the Cardinals, they didn't give up, unlike one team I know.
I can't stand the Cards, but to be fair, that is probably the best baseball city. They have good fans that stick with them through thick and thin. It is a very well-run organization, not like my NY Mets :(

TheCoolFan

Reaction score
So many choke jobs in the playoffs so far :laugh2: Ibanez is unstoppable...talk about an MVP right now :bow:

Valverde such a choker, he's done.

TheCoolFan

Reaction score
Wow what a change in events! Now Jeter looks like he's out for the year and the Tigers bounce back. Actually ends up working better for them this way now

WPBCowboysFan

Reaction score
TheCoolFan;4780739 said:
So many choke jobs in the playoffs so far :laugh2: Ibanez is unstoppable...talk about an MVP right now :bow:

Valverde such a choker, he's done.

It might be time for the 40 yr old RaaOol to pee in a cup.

Biggems

White and Nerdy
Reaction score
I dont really watch baseball anymore...the Astros have no one worth watching to be honest.....they have traded almost all of their known talent away.....I do like Altuve though, wait, is he still on the team? LOL....

I hate every other team in baseball, especially the Cards, Brewers, Braves, Mets, and Reds. I hate all American League teams.

That being said, even though I root against the Yankees every chance I get, I am a Derek Jeter fan. I love the way he plays the game. I love his leadership and clutchness. I would have loved to have had him in Houston with Biggio and Bagwell.....what an infield that would have been. This injury sucks.

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
WPBCowboysFan;4780043 said:
Should have been over in 4 games but the O's (Jim Johnson) gave away game 3, and it cost them big time. Pitiful hitting by pretty much the entire team except for McClouth.

Both teams hit pretty poorly but it was still a good series to watch. Best series of all the Divisoin Series.

Look to me like the Yankees took it, not like the O's gave it away.

WPBCowboysFan

Reaction score
ABQCOWBOY;4780905 said:
Look to me like the Yankees took it, not like the O's gave it away.

In game 5, yes. Game 3, nope. and even with the JJ meltdown in the 9th of game 1, the O's should have won it in 4.

Steroids weaken Jeters bones? :lmao2:

TheCoolFan

Reaction score
The Yankees are done! Count em out...losing 2 games and now Verlander up?

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
WPBCowboysFan;4781584 said:
In game 5, yes. Game 3, nope. and even with the JJ meltdown in the 9th of game 1, the O's should have won it in 4.

Steroids weaken Jeters bones? :lmao2:

No. the O's lost fair and square. If the Yankees lose to Detroit, and it does look as if that's likely, it won't be because of any excuse. It won't be because of Jeter or whatever. It will be because the Tigers beat them. EOS

WPBCowboysFan

Reaction score
ABQCOWBOY;4785443 said:
No. the O's lost fair and square. If the Yankees lose to Detroit, and it does look as if that's likely, it won't be because of any excuse. It won't be because of Jeter or whatever. It will be because the Tigers beat them. EOS

The Yankees have the same problem the Orioles had - bats. Pitching isnt bad, just no bats for the most part.

Look at game 1 in the ALCS. Was it the great Yankee bats? Or was it a choke job by the Detroit closer? Yankee bats in the ALDS and this series would clearly suggest a choke job by the Detroit pitcher. And that is giving it away - just like JJ did pitching for the Birds. The only taking was on what was given, EOS. The evidence is there.

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
WPBCowboysFan;4785487 said:
The Yankees have the same problem the Orioles had - bats. Pitching isnt bad, just no bats for the most part.

Look at game 1 in the ALCS. Was it the great Yankee bats? Or was it a choke job by the Detroit closer? Yankee bats in the ALDS and this series would clearly suggest a choke job by the Detroit pitcher. And that is giving it away - just like JJ did pitching for the Birds. The only taking was on what was given, EOS. The evidence is there.

In your opinion. The Yankees have not been swinging hot bats, that's true but baseball is about more then hitting. It's pitching, defense and hitting. I make no excuses. It is what it is.

You, on the other hand, say here and now that the Yankees are not hitting but in the same breath say that the O's gave it away to a team that is what, not hitting?

The best team will win and the loser will go home. That's the way it is.

WPBCowboysFan

Reaction score
ABQCOWBOY;4785703 said:
I
You, on the other hand, say here and now that the Yankees are not hitting but in the same breath say that the O's gave it away to a team that is what, not hitting?

Yes a team that is not hitting - then the closer LETS them hit by making poor pitches = CHOKE job by the pitcher. All the more evident by the fact that the Yankees are not hitting in other parts of the game.

That is difficult for you to fathom? If you watch the games its right there for all to see.

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
WPBCowboysFan;4786419 said:
Yes a team that is not hitting - then the closer LETS them hit by making poor pitches = CHOKE job by the pitcher. All the more evident by the fact that the Yankees are not hitting in other parts of the game.

That is difficult for you to fathom? If you watch the games its right there for all to see.

The closer didn't "Let them hit." The closer made his pitches and what happened happened. Your team lost. That's what happened. They had a great season but they lost. Your team was never a great hitting team or a great pitching team the entire season. You played good defense and got timely hitting.

The Yankees were never a great hitting team this year either. They were a great power hitting team and were able to put up runs in bunches but I said this before the playoffs even started. Neither the O's nor the Yankees are a good bet to get to the World Series. Good pitching trumps good hitting and both teams have very average pitching IMO. They both rely on timely hitting and that's not a good bet in the playoffs.

You can see the O's let the Yankees win if it makes you feel better but in the end, the Yankees Beat the O's and that's how it is.

juck

Reaction score
Skankees losing at least helped with the Cowboy loss tee hee

Boys122

Reaction score
TheCoolFan;4785365 said:
The Yankees are done! Count em out...losing 2 games and now Verlander up?

Yep, it's amazing the team just quit when Jeter got hurt. What are they going to do when he retires?

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
Boys122;4786914 said:
Yep, it's amazing the team just quit when Jeter got hurt. What are they going to do when he retires?

I think that the problem is not so much that the team quit when Jeter went down as much as it is the fact that Jeter is really the initiator of the Yankees offense. He is the guy who gets on base and starts things for them. I mean, yeah, he is their leader and that is a problem when he's not there but it's more then that I think. I think it's his bat that the Yankees miss.

Jeter hit .316 in the regular season and was hitting .333 in the post season before he went down. His OBP was .824 in the Post Season this year. The Yankees miss him in their offense, no question but I think it's more about his ability to set the table and provide timely hitting more then anything.

JMO

StarBoyz83

Reaction score
Well yankees are done so i dont care who wins lol. Probably cheer for tigers and cardinals

WPBCowboysFan

Reaction score
StarBoyz83;4790319 said:
Well yankees are done so i dont care who wins lol. Probably cheer for tigers and cardinals

There not done yet. Unless of course the Tigers give something away.

A Tigers sweep would be ideal and the best thing that could happen for MLB fans all across the country.

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
WPBCowboysFan;4790373 said:
There not done yet. Unless of course the Tigers give something away.

A Tigers sweep would be ideal and the best thing that could happen for MLB fans all across the country.

:laugh2:

Get over the Yankees WPB. Seriously, this is crazy.