2013 NBA playoff thread

Gemini Dolly

Reaction score
What a friggin game.

I hope Game 7 is like this.

Odds are against the Spurs.

I just read not since 1978 has a road team won a game 7.

Bosh was a monster. Ray Allen was clutch. Lebron without head band>Lebron with headband

Gemini Dolly

Reaction score
Spurs were a free throw and offensive rebound away from a 5th.

Not having Duncan out there in regulation is going to keep Pop awake for 48 hours.

honyock

Reaction score
Gemini Dolly;5102299 said:
What a friggin game.

Bosh was a monster. Ray Allen was clutch. Lebron without head band>Lebron with headband

Yeah, crazy amazing game.

I'm afraid the Spurs get blown out in Game 7. Not sure how you come back from coming that close and having it slip away.

juck

Reaction score
FuzzyLumpkins;5101222 said:
Seeing how badly you overrate the Heat I don't see how anyone can take you seriously.

Think the Mavs miss the playoffs again next season? I feel a 10th place finish coming on. Trading away Tyson Chandler. Nowitzki has a bad wheel.

Couldn't even beat out the scrubbed out Lakers coming down the stretch this season. Howard isn't coming to Dallas. :laugh2: if he does.

Good times.
Just won a ring
2 years ago,buzz off.:eek:

juck

Reaction score
Biggems;5101179 said:
:laugh2: :laugh1: :laugh2: :laugh1: :laugh2:
:laugh1: :laugh1: :laugh1: :laugh1: :laugh1: :laugh1: :laugh1: :laugh1: :laugh1: :laugh1: :laugh1: :laugh1: :laugh1: :laugh1: :laugh1: :laugh1: :laugh1: :laugh1: :laugh1: :laugh1: :laugh1: :laugh1: :laugh1: :laugh1: :laugh1: :laugh1: :laugh1: :laugh1: :laugh1: :laugh1: :laugh1: :laugh1: :laugh1: :laugh1: :laugh1: :laugh1: :laugh1: :laugh1: :laugh1: :laugh1: :laugh1: :laugh1: :laugh1: :laugh1: :laugh1: :laugh1: :laugh1: :laugh1: :laugh1: :laugh1: :laugh1: :laugh1: :laugh1: :laugh1: :laugh1:

Signals

Suspicious looking stranger
Reaction score
Gemini Dolly;5102299 said:
What a friggin game.

Go Miami :)

Danny White

Winter is Coming
Reaction score
Gemini Dolly;5102301 said:
Spurs were a free throw OR offensive rebound away from a 5th.

Fixed it for you.

I haven't felt this sick about a basketball game in years.

I hope the Spurs players can get over this loss quicker than I can.

RoyTheHammer

Reaction score
We all knew the Spurs were gonna lose guys.. Joey Crawford.

David Stern gets a game 7 and all that extra dough from it.

MC KAos

Reaction score
This is so painful, I haven't felt this way in my entire life outside of relatives dying. It's more painful than any girl heartbreak I've ever had. I think you guys know that I love the spurs about as much as anyone can love a team, I'm not a bandwagon fan, I truly care about them. And I honestly don't know at this moment if I can continue to watch the nba in general anymore. It's not because I'm jumping the bandwagon, but I just don't want to feel this way. This is more painful than .4 or Manu fouling dirk in 06. We might have won the title those years, but who knows, injuries, other teams beating us, etc. But this was literally it. We had the title and just let it slip away.

We aren't like the lakers or the celtics, just destined to have great teams all the time. We aren't New York, Chicago, or even Dallas, where we can build a championship caliber team through free agency. This isn't baseball, Hispanic players that would be attracted to SA don't exist in this sport. We got lucky to have the iceman, he was the reason the NBA took us, and we didn't go the way of the Kentucky colonels or Virginia squires. We got lucky to win the lottery the year David Robinson was in it. And we got extremely lucky to get a era defining talent like Tim Duncan to become such a successful franchise.

I don't know what the future holds for us, 20 years from now the spurs could be a forgotten former championship team. 40 years from now people might not know about us, like people don't know the Milwaukee bucks used to be dominant and won a title, or the Rochester Royals (kings). We might be the team rumored to be moving to whatever the version of Seattle is in 2053.

I feel so bad for Timmy, wasted a great game, only to see his team choke it away in the end, even with lebron trying to choke it back with his turnovers. Tonight at least made me decide I don't want my kids to be as interested in sports as I am, it's too cruel. I'd rather they be into other things that won't kick them in the stomach so much. Thanks for letting me vent so I could move on from this. I won't be watching game 7 because I know what's going to happen, and you guys can flame me if you want, I prob won't see it anyway.

Gemini Dolly

Reaction score
I had picked San Antonio in 7 before the series and I am not backing out of that prediction, but I have no idea how Spurs are going to find the energy after blowing it like they just did.

I cant even imagine how devastating the Spurs feel. How close were they? Reports are saying the trophy was being wheeled in with the Spurs up 5 with 30 seconds. OUCH.

Somehow, they MUST find a way.

RoyTheHammer

Reaction score
MC KAos;5102324 said:
This is so painful, I haven't felt this way in my entire life outside of relatives dying. It's more painful than any girl heartbreak I've ever had. I think you guys know that I love the spurs about as much as anyone can love a team, I'm not a bandwagon fan, I truly care about them. And I honestly don't know at this moment if I can continue to watch the nba in general anymore. It's not because I'm jumping the bandwagon, but I just don't want to feel this way. This is more painful than .4 or Manu fouling dirk in 06. We might have won the title those years, but who knows, injuries, other teams beating us, etc. But this was literally it. We had the title and just let it slip away.

We aren't like the lakers or the celtics, just destined to have great teams all the time. We aren't New York, Chicago, or even Dallas, where we can build a championship caliber team through free agency. This isn't baseball, Hispanic players that would be attracted to SA don't exist in this sport. We got lucky to have the iceman, he was the reason the NBA took us, and we didn't go the way of the Kentucky colonels or Virginia squires. We got lucky to win the lottery the year David Robinson was in it. And we got extremely lucky to get a era defining talent like Tim Duncan to become such a successful franchise.

I don't know what the future holds for us, 20 years from now the spurs could be a forgotten former championship team. 40 years from now people might not know about us, like people don't know the Milwaukee bucks used to be dominant and won a title, or the Rochester Royals (kings). We might be the team rumored to be moving to whatever the version of Seattle is in 2053.

I feel so bad for Timmy, wasted a great game, only to see his team choke it away in the end, even with lebron trying to choke it back with his turnovers. Tonight at least made me decide I don't want my kids to be as interested in sports as I am, it's too cruel. I'd rather they be into other things that won't kick them in the stomach so much. Thanks for letting me vent so I could move on from this. I won't be watching game 7 because I know what's going to happen, and you guys can flame me if you want, I prob won't see it anyway.

To be fair, LeBron was the reason they were even able to force overtime. He carried them down the stretch.. and Duncan faded in the 3rd and 4th. His team was awful tonight though. I didn't see anyone on the Spurs that looked ready to play tonight except Tim and Leonard.

Lets be honest though.. you're a true fan.. you'll be watching game 7. There's no reason not to.

StylisticS

Reaction score
I mean it was amazing that the same shots Duncan made in the first half, rimmed out in the 2nd. They weren't tough shots. They were at the rim easy put in buckets.

Also, ginoboli really hurt the team tonight with his passing.

RoyTheHammer

Reaction score
StylisticS;5102327 said:
I mean it was amazing that the same shots Duncan made in the first half, rimmed out in the 2nd. They weren't tough shots. They were at the rim easy put in buckets.

Also, ginoboli really hurt the team tonight with his passing.

Not just with his passing.. he looked like he sleep walked through this game. I don't know if he's just getting too old to play well or what, but you can't show up like that to the most important game of your season. This was the game they really had to win, and he laid a big egg. Parker didn't play much better, either.. even with a couple clutch shots at the end of regulation there.

Red Dragon

Reaction score
This is a devastating defeat.

It's extremely similar to Game 6 of the 2011 World Series, where the Rangers were just one strike away from defeating the Cardinals in the World Series. They then blew a 2-run lead and lost.

As a Spurs and Rangers fan, I think I see history repeating itself, and it's awful.