2013 NBA playoff thread

MC KAos

Reaction score
juck;5103459 said:
Great series. Maybe if Spurs had that Big German they would have won in 6.Still last to beat the cHeat. Pop is greatest coach ever though. I bet Timmy Ginosey and Pop is gone.

i know you like to tease us, but you are kind of right. we lost partially because we didnt have a go to guy down the stretch of games, manu is too old, tim is not as big as he was in his prime, he has lost about 40 or 50 pounds since his prime to be able to play at this age, so he cant just bang people like he used to. and tony just gets erased by big defenders. tony will destroy any PG in the league, but when he gets players like lebron, sefolosia, etc, that are big and can stay with him, he struggles. i think kawhi will be that guy some day, but i just dont think it will happen before tim retires.

i think ginobili is done with the spurs, for one thing, i dont think pop can handle his crazy play anymore. i think he and splitter are most likely done, id love for the spurs to go after david west or al jefferson, plus a decent swing man, ala carlos delfino or something

MC KAos

Reaction score
DemonBlood;5103462 said:
Why does Ginobili always look drunk when he's running with the ball?

thats just who he is, in his prime, it was glorious, but he is done now, he cant control his style as he once did. i hope he doesnt decide to play for another nba team since i dont think the spurs will want him back. if he wants to play, i hope he plays in europe or argentina.

MC KAos

Reaction score
im looking forward to next season, not because i expect us to be back to the finals, but im just so exited to see kawhi leonard grow, see how good he can become. it will be fun to watch.

juck

Reaction score
MC KAos;5103463 said:
i know you like to tease us, but you are kind of right. we lost partially because we didnt have a go to guy down the stretch of games, manu is too old, tim is not as big as he was in his prime, he has lost about 40 or 50 pounds since his prime to be able to play at this age, so he cant just bang people like he used to. and tony just gets erased by big defenders. tony will destroy any PG in the league, but when he gets players like lebron, sefolosia, etc, that are big and can stay with him, he struggles. i think kawhi will be that guy some day, but i just dont think it will happen before tim retires.

i think ginobili is done with the spurs, for one thing, i dont think pop can handle his crazy play anymore. i think he and splitter are most likely done, id love for the spurs to go after david west or al jefferson, plus a decent swing man, ala carlos delfino or something

Duncan will probably retire.He has nothing to prove. Ginobili and Danny Green lost tjat game. Green shower he was a system player. On Mavs board people talk about getting him or Neal. Both system players and one trick ponies. SPLITTER is a career backup. Kawhi is great. Spurs should just rebuild.

Gemini Dolly

Reaction score
Yep, Kawhi has big upside.

What happened to Green 3s??

Shane Battier was playing outta his mind.

I dont think Duncan is done yet.

Manu- Adios, que no te pege la puerta. --I think that is Goodbye Manu, do not let the door hit you. I took Espanol 101 in college :cool:

Lonestar94

Reaction score
Anyone who is an open fan of the Cowboys deserves another ring.

Congrats, Lebron.

DejectedFan1996

Reaction score
Congrats to the King. Lebron's haters can officially about him not being "clutch." Despite being a Spurs fan, I'm not mad at all that we lost to the Heat. I'm only mad at the fact that Ginobili's legacy as a Spur will last be remembered for him costing us ring #5.

So is Manu definitely out next year? And is Tim out? I thought Pop said once Timmy is done, he's also done. I'm hoping Tim at least comes back for one more season but I really would like Manu to stay and possibly redeem himself next year.

Gemini Dolly

Reaction score
DejectedFan1996;5103480 said:
Congrats to the King. Lebron's haters can officially about him not being "clutch." Despite being a Spurs fan, I'm not mad at all that we lost to the Heat. I'm only mad at the fact that Ginobili's legacy as a Spur will last be remembered for him costing us ring #5.

So is Manu definitely out next year? And is Tim out? I thought Pop said once Timmy is done, he's also done. I'm hoping Tim at least comes back for one more season but I really would like Manu to stay and possibly redeem himself next year.

Tim said that his contract says he will be back next year. Manu says he has two years left. As a Spur..dont think so

MC KAos

Reaction score
I don't think Tim is gonna retire just yet, I think he plays 2 more years, but at the minimum 1 more. Manu will be back if he accepts a much reduced role and a massive pay cut. If we recind the rights to splitter and Manu, we will have enough cap space for a max guy or some decent pieces like a al Jefferson or David west. We can rebuild and make a run again next season, but it will take something the spurs have been bad at, attracting free agents

TellerMorrow34

BraveHeartFan
Reaction score
Sucks to see the Heat win. I can't stand them or Lebron. I really wanted to see the Spurs win it but I knew when they blew it in game 6 that they'd basically handed the title to Miami. No way were they going to win a game seven in Miami.

RastaRocket

Sanka, Ya Dead Mon? Ya Mon.
Reaction score
If the Heat win again I will be done with the NBA for a while after Dirk retires.

bounce

Reaction score
I think Manu is still a very serviceable player. The problem comes in when people -- fans and/or coaches -- expect him to be the player he was in 2005. He's no more than a 4th or 5th option, and should come off the bench, but not necessarily as the first option. If he can give you 15-18 minutes a game, that's perfect.

As for the Spurs, I think they'll offer a fair contract, and he'll be back. Don't get caught up in the numbers, because they own his bird rights, and it won't hit the cap as much as a standard contract would. He won't get a better contract elsewhere, because all the other NBA teams saw the same games you did. His contract here will be a loyalty deal.

Retirement shouldn't be in Tim's vocabulary right now. He put up box scores that you'd think were from a 25 year old. He lost weight and was First Team All-NBA this year. He hasn't lost a step, he's friggin' gained one.

I'm encouraged moving forward, because Tony was slowed down by a bad leg, but is still a top 5 player in the league. And Kawhi took a huge step forward to becoming a budding star.

They have great players, and a strong foundation. People will still write them off, and they'll still be surprised when the Spurs are in the mix next year.

gambit187

Reaction score
Rack Bauer;5103451 said:
I've got zero respect for James. The dude gets every call his way imaginable then cries and pouts when he doesn't get a call. Hell, he cries even when he DOES get a call.

The better team is going to lose this game. OH well, the NBA went downhill years ago.

So what about the fact that the Spurs went to the line more then the Heat

WPBCowboysFan

Reaction score
gambit187;5103640 said:
So what about the fact that the Spurs went to the line more then the Heat

Well, . . . . . . . . . . that kinda gets lost in all the blind hatred for the Heat. You know the NBA wanted the Heat to win. Or, the Heat got more lucky breaks or bounces than the Spurs. Or, whatever else comes to mind to make excuses for why the Spurs lost. The fact is the Spurs were very fortunate to play as well as they did overall. They seemed to have everything go their way for the most part except for the last 30 seconds of Game 6. And really they were really lucky to have that lead at the end of the game so crying about them giving it away is a lil overblown. I was really surprised the Spurs pushed the Heat to 7 games, but they had a lot go their way all series.

il_fullxfull.312946674.jpg

jterrell

Penguinite
Reaction score
khiladi;5103094 said:
That's a pretty comical attempt at a refutation... Maybe you should go re-read what I actually said. 2 turnovers, 2 brick three pointers, 1 for 2 from free throw, a missed 17 pointer and an air ball from like 2 feet from the basket, the last 7 minutes of the 4th as soon as Leonard came back in with 7 to go followed by Duncan and Parker, when Lebron supposedly dominated the team to victory is absurd. 5 of Tony Parker's points at the end of the fourth were when Lebron was the main defender on him.

It's absolutely horrific play no matter how much you want to spin it. Too bad the Spurs couldn't hit a free throw themselves and Ginobli played probably the worst game of his career handing the ball back to the Heat...

When Lebron is spewing forth nonsense that he willed the team to victory, that is what it is nonsense... That 260 lb Steroid head loves to cry as well for every call..

Maybe you need to take your Lebron riding jock glasses off...

you probably need mental health remediation if you think a triple double with 30 points scored is a horrible game. it was noted plenty of times the guy was flat exhausted at the end of that game. where every other player got some rest he did not. he still was the leading scorer for the 4th quarter and OT on either team.

you are actually arguing about a hall of fame point guard scoring 4 points on a 6'9" SF being bad defense? LeBron won that battle the majority of the series. parker would have had 30 versus the other PGs.

i dont much care for lebron as a person. he seems quite childish and full of whine but anyone arguing he isnt the best player in the game today is simply not smart enough to discuss basketball with.

guy guarded david west last series and tony parker this one. he gets key rebounds and hits a very efficient scoring mark.

jimmy40

Reaction score
Thank God it's over and sports radio can start talking football.