***2013 Nfl Draft Round 1 Discussion Thread***

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
erod;5061447 said:
If Frederick starts and plays well, and they sign Clabo or Winston.....the offensive line looks much better.

Still terrible draft management though. Could have gotten this guy at 47, maybe later.

Would ease my mind overall if Dallas announces it has signed one of these two players in the morning since it didn't end up with a tackle.

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
JoaquinFenix;5061489 said:
Jerry: We were unanimous. (I'm calling B.S. on this)

Looking at the war room at the time of the pick, I believe they were. Don't know if they were on trading the 18th pick.

Doomsay

Reaction score
erod;5061481 said:
Mark Stepnoski was a third rounder.

Time will tell.

Interesting, seems like we could have picked this guy up in the 3rd round as well.

JoaquinFenix

Reaction score
I believe he was referring to the trade here. That's why I called B.S.

gimmesix;5061506 said:
Looking at the war room at the time of the pick, I believe they were. Don't know if they were on trading the 18th pick.

Avery

The Dog that Saved Charleston
Reaction score
Long story short:

"We drafted who I wanted to draft."

JoaquinFenix

Reaction score
Stephen: There's a whole lot of different trade charts. According to our chart, we either won the trade or hit right on it.

Doomsay

Reaction score
gimmesix;5061506 said:

They had already screwed the pooch, Jason had a ridiculously cheesy grin on his face, it was a charade.

DFWJC

Reaction score
gimmesix;5061501 said:
Would ease my mind overall if Dallas announces it has signed one of these two players in the morning since it didn't end up with a tackle.

There really only two 2rd round tackles that I ca think of--Watson and Armstead.
If they don't get them either of them(and they may not want them) then maybe a FA.

popp1234

Reaction score
JoaquinFenix;5061557 said:
Longest answer of the press conference: hosting the NCAA championship at the stay-jum.

Did somebody actually asked that question in an NFL Post-Draft press conference? Who cares about the stadium hosting NCAA basketball.

DallasJ7

Reaction score
I don't like the trade down and would've preferred the Cowboys take one of the available safeties, but we have 3 picks tomorrow, and the draft could still be saved with the right selections.

I have a "blah" feeling about the draft so far as I go to bed, but tomorrow's a new day I guess.

DFWJC

Reaction score
DallasJ7;5061607 said:
I don't like the trade down and would've preferred the Cowboys take one of the available safeties, but we have 3 picks tomorrow, and the draft could still be saved with the right selections.

I have a "blah" feeling about the draft so far as I go to bed, but tomorrow's a new day I guess.

That's how I feel.