***2013 Nfl Draft Round 1 Discussion Thread***

RSM94

Reaction score
Yes....and they wanted OL with good reason. RG is the biggest hole on the team...the need at DL is not anywhere near as great. Boys may need depth at DL, but they don't need starters. Who really wants to see Bernardeau start at RG again next year? Frederick can play C too if necessary. Would like to see them get an OT in 2nd or 3rd round. Good pick IMO.

newlander

Reaction score
JoaquinFenix;5061366 said:
Cowboys claim they overperformed on the trade according to their value chart.

...what ELSE are they gonna say? These are the same actors that clapped, smiled, shucked and jived all while slapping each other on the backs when the pick was made: just assinine

Doomsay

Reaction score
BlueStar22;5061406 said:
Jerry just said the defensive line is a position of strength when just asked about taking a DT instead. People can't wait for Jerry to leave, I have no faith in Stephen either.
Stephen said that same thing last year.

cml750

Reaction score
Meh, this doesn't really bother me at all. In fact, I am am tired of wasting time getting upset about anything the Boys do. I will look at this just like I come have to look at the games. I will expect the worst and hope for the best.

BlueStar22

Reaction score
bsheeern;5061389 said:
Frederick is a cerebral football player who was responsible for setting Wisconsin's line assignments, and his dual math and engineering degrees could certainly make for interesting interviews.

I don't want a cerebral football player. I want a guy who mauls people. Someone nasty like Larry Allen or Erik Williams. I want a big physical guy in the trenches.

erod

Reaction score
If Frederick starts and plays well, and they sign Clabo or Winston.....the offensive line looks much better.

Still terrible draft management though. Could have gotten this guy at 47, maybe later.

BRoni

Reaction score
Nobody is going to call this a win and the Cowboys will be criticized. That doesn't mean it can't work out, even if he was a reach. Lets see how the rest of the draft goes.

ajk23az

Through Pain Comes Clarity
Reaction score
erod;5061447 said:
If Frederick starts and plays well, and they sign Clabo or Winston.....the offensive line looks much better.

Still terrible draft management though. Could have gotten this guy at 47, maybe later.

How do you know this? Because Mayock says so? :rolleyes

I bet he thought EJ Manuel could have been had in the 2nd-3rd as well....

Zordon

Reaction score
The reaction in the war room, the tone of this press conference is 180 difference from last year when we got Claiborne. Jerry is on the defensive in this PC b/c he knows he screwed up.

Teague31

Defender of the Star
Reaction score
erod;5061447 said:

No way given the way OL was going

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
JoaquinFenix;5061372 said:
Garrett: Frederick was the hightest rated player on our board when we took him.

Yet no one will believe that, just like they didn't with Sean Lee and Bruce Carter.