***2013 Nfl Draft Round 1 Discussion Thread***

Miller

ARTIST FORMERLY KNOWN AS TEXASFROG
Reaction score
JoaquinFenix;5061297 said:
So yesterday Mike Fisher reports that Sharrif Floyd is in the Cowboys top 5. Floyd is there at #18, which makes this pick a no-brainer, right? Right?

Well, apparently not. We trade down and take Travis Frederick. David Moore just reported that the Cowboys graded Frederick as a 2nd rounder. Naturally, the Cowboys take him in the first.

The official Cowboys radio station calls Frederick and he confesses his surprise at being picked in the first round, as he considered himself a second rounder.

Oh yeah, the Cowboys also got fleeced in the trade-down by a team who has got picks coming out of their ears.

Is this real life?

That seems too reasonable. I wanted Oline but this just seems strange to me. It looks like the trade back failed, no one else would allow a trade back again so the reached to fill need. I'm sure the kid can play but let's not act like this night went according to plan

Doomsay

Reaction score
nake;5061028 said:
Brewster II

Yup, yet I see some optimism on CZ brewing. Same people that told us that Brewster wasn't a reach 4 years ago.

muck4doo

Least-Known Member
Reaction score
I hate going to bed angry, but here i go. Gotta be in Waco tomorrow. I'm going to be mad for days at this first round.

newlander

Reaction score
HoustonFrog;5061349 said:
That seems too reasonable. I wanted Oline but this just seems strange to me. It looks like the trade back failed, no one else would allow a trade back again so the reached to fill need. I'm sure the kid can play but let's not act like this night went according to plan

...nothing left but for Al Jr. to sell his snake oil now: pathetic. Tell everyone how you 'targeted' Travis Jerrah!:laugh2: :banghead:

davey999

Reaction score
Jerry is getting to be more and more of a clown as the years move on.

Sad that he is in charge... sad.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
kirkjrk;5061320 said:
That display of War Room management was as bad as one could imagine. Travis Fredericks's write up at BAN-INCOMING-IN-3-2-1 is as bad as I've ever seen on a 3rd rounder--5.58 40spd, problems in pass protection, problems with bull rushers and he is used in power blocking scheme not zone blocking. Had poor game against Penn state's Jordan Hill who is no top of the line DT. Frederick has potential Bust written all over him. Wow I'm just dumfounded. I waited 4 months for this, screw it.

This more than anything puts the nail in the coffin. If there was any doubt if the team could lead this team toward the playoffs. This proves without reservations they can't. They can't draft, can't manage the Cap Space so limited on Free Agents, Won't cut retreads in timely manner and in fact signs some of them to large contracts. This reminds me so much of the government when they cram things down our throats and we can't do anything about it.

We fans don't deserve this kind of incompetence. Jerry survives in spite of himself. Stop going to games, stop buying Cowboy items , stop doing anything that puts money in Jerry's pocket.

Read what you want then go watch him play, he was not being pushed arond and Wis ran the ball right behind him and he opened up holes.

bsheeern

Reaction score
Frederick is a cerebral football player who was responsible for setting Wisconsin's line assignments, and his dual math and engineering degrees could certainly make for interesting interviews.

newlander

Reaction score
RSM94;5061204 said:
WalterFootball says Frederick would be a good 2nd round pick for the Boys: http://www.BAN-INCOMING-IN-3-2-1/scoutingreport2013tfrederick.php . So he may be a slight reach, but so were Justin Pugh and Kyle Long at 19 and 20....perhaps they were even bigger reaches. He will definitely shore up the interior OL....probably plays RG.

........I will concede that point and I can live with TRYING him at RG but I just don't think it will be a big upgrade....LOVE to be wrong: bump the thread if I am boys....I'll take my medicine gladly

popp1234

Reaction score
dupree89;5061189 said:
first question to jerry should be....

Uh, Jerry, the guy that you selected thought it was a reach. Your thoughts?

:bang2: :bang2:

Jerry: well (smack smack), we were really impressed with the player, ah (mispronounces the players name).... Ah, ah (smack) we feel real (wink 1) good( wink 2) that he was still available to us at that pick, relative to where we were at number 31. I (smack) can, and will and do think he was the best player left at that position relative to where we were relatively speaking, at that relative position to pick a player. Of course Jason can go into more detail about the pick, but let me say this....this was a group (shakes head from side to side while closing his eyes and then winks his eye) decision. This was an outstanding pick for us......Jason will you talk moreor out the pick......

Jason: Well, it's a process, ok...that's line 1, ok?

Rich Dalrymple: OK, thanks everybody!

Cowboysfan570

Reaction score
bsheeern;5061389 said:
Frederick is a cerebral football player who was responsible for setting Wisconsin's line assignments, and his dual math and engineering degrees could certainly make for interesting interviews.

This, I value football IQ a ton if for no other reason than the fact that most of our best players have it in spades. We've tried the opposite just as often (physical freaks with 10 cent heads) and it has backfired way more often than not.

JoaquinFenix

Reaction score
Jerry: We frankly put an emphasis on interior OL. Position flexibility was important. Two OL were graded equally when the trade was made, with Frederick being one of them.

BlueStar22

Reaction score
Jerry just said the defensive line is a position of strength when just asked about taking a DT instead. People can't wait for Jerry to leave, I have no faith in Stephen either.

JoaquinFenix

Reaction score
Jerry: Didn't draft Floyd because DL is a strength for us. Value quick-twitch 3-technique players, which Floyd isn't. Outstanding player, but we had real good grades on others. Judge our decision-making based on our emphasis on the OL.