***2013 Nfl Draft Round 1 Discussion Thread***

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Lol. People can't even decide what to complain about. Is it that we took the player early? Or the trade? It's conflicting, because we addressed OL, after all. But was it Jerry's fault? Or Garrett's? Can we just hate everybody and blame everything indiscriminately? Sure, we can.

BRoni

Reaction score
dupree89;5061095 said:
frederick just says..."I didnt see myself as a first round guy. I thought I was more of a 2nd rounder"

you cant make this stuff up

:bang2: :bang2:

He said this?

CowboyMort

Reaction score
DOUBLE WING;5061022 said:
See, that trade wasn't as bad as we thought -- we actually DID get two third rounders from SF.

That made me spit out my water.:D

JoaquinFenix

Reaction score
I'm now pouring gasoline over myself while I burn.

dupree89;5061095 said:
frederick just says..."I didnt see myself as a first round guy. I thought I was more of a 2nd rounder"

JSP21

Redneck Daddy
Reaction score
Haha Irvin says "watch the newspapers tomorrow....they gonna get you boss!" In response to Dallas pick.

Zordon

Reaction score
Even Frederick saw himself as a 2nd rounder. We could have gotten him at 47 easy.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
watching tape on him Wis loved runninig right behind him the guy moves people out and does not get pushed backwards

TheCoolFan

Reaction score
762469479.jpg

At least it was almost worth it for this gem :laugh2::laugh2::laugh2::laugh1:

Rogerthat12

DWAREZ
Reaction score
Shinywalrus;5061110 said:
I'm not sure why you would post that as a response. I agree that the value was awful, but I'm not clear on why that means I shouldn't look forward to cheering for the newest Cowboy. Please clarify.

See the bold above!

newlander

Reaction score
:bow:
dupree89;5061095 said:

:lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :bang2: :bang2: :bang2: :bang2:

.......WE ARE OFFICIALLY OAKLAND SOUTH NOW BOYS!!!!!!!:rolleyes:

birdwells1

Reaction score
And some wondered what's the difference in going 8-8 or 4-12. The quality of player you're going to get.

Cowboysfan570

Reaction score
sacase;5061100 said:
POSITIVES: Top-notch football IQ and overall intelligence to recognize what the defense is doing and adjust the offensive line accordingly. Has bulked up and added bulk to his frame, carrying his weight well for a 335-plus pounder. Mobile enough to get to the second level and block in space. Thick upper body with the base strength to anchor off the snap and hold his ground.
Works hard with his technique and doesn't make many mistakes. Fights with a finishing attitude and understands different scenarios, keeping his head on a swivel. Better foot quickness and agility for a blocker with his size.

Comes from a program known for producing NFL-quality offensive linemen and has starting experience at both guard and center. High character individual and very coachable.

NEGATIVES: Lacks elite athleticism and has some stiffness in his hips. Needs to keep his weight in check to stay mobile. Susceptible to explosive interior linemen off the snap and needs to set up quicker to gain position and block off-balance.

COMPARES TO: John Moffitt, OL, Seattle Seahawks - Like Moffitt, Frederick lined up at both guard and center over his Wisconsin career, flashing the same sound technique and powerful base.

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/players/1665144/travis-frederick

Makes it an acceptable pick IMO, even if it is a reach.

Machete

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Stupid! Stupid! Stupid! Stupid! Stupid! Stupid! Stupid! Stupid! Stupid! Stupid! Stupid! Stupid! Stupid! Stupid! Stupid! Stupid! Stupid! Stupid! Stupid! Stupid! Stupid! Stupid! Stupid! Stupid! Stupid! Stupid! Stupid! Stupid! Stupid! Stupid! Stupid! Stupid! Stupid! Stupid! Stupid! Stupid!