***2013 Nfl Draft Round 2 Discussion Thread***

Rogerthat12

DWAREZ
Reaction score
Risen Star;5064744 said:
Yourlads.

Frank Coyle of Draft Insiders Digest has him 3rd rated and says he's got Pro Bowl potential and compares him to Jimmy Graham.

Mayock loves him, says he catches everything, great hands!

Beast_from_East

Reaction score
151;5064445 said:
Maybe he'll lineup in the slot. Big mismatch. Think positive :)

At 4.8, who the hell is he going to run away from in the slot?

Why didn't we just take the Notre Dame TE if we wanted one so dam bad, at least he has some speed.

For all you guys that have been saying Garrett runs the draft, how you like him now? He apparently runs the draft like he handles game management.

Wow.................I am speechless.

JoeyBoy718

Reaction score
Ravens did a good job replacing two HOFers with these first two picks. They're still gonna be relevant this year.

Rack

Federal Agent
Reaction score
Jerrah still not back... I hope he got lost and stays lost for the next 3-4 hours...

jobberone

Kane Ala
Reaction score
Dale;5064745 said:
Watching his highlight video -- which, admittedly, provides a skewed story -- he certainly seems like a guy who will provide us some "OMG!" catches. Hopefully he's a dynamic weapon.

We've got to use him though. I've been burned too much by past second-round tight-end selections to feel like this guy will be an impact player for us. I absolutely hope to be wrong.

Already crossed my mind. I see him as big WR so I hope he gets enough snaps. I don't think Witten is going to take away as many snaps as he did to Bennett. This guy is supposed to be a good route runner and a smart FB player. I don't see him having as much mental issues as Bennett. Really a different player. Reminds me of Shannon Sharpe.

Glad to see you around! Wish we saw more of you.

Risen Star

Likes Collector
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
jobberone;5064749 said:
No but he's really a big WR. And he can't be much worse a blocker than Witten. We have put an OL out there next to OT when we max block.

I just want him to develop as a blocker so he can stay on the field in all situations and be the heir apparent to Witten. Not just a role player. That wouldn't be worth a 2nd round pick.

Eddie

Reaction score
I remember how we lauded over the 2 TE formations and emphatically stated how impossible it will be stop.

How'd that work out ???

zack

Reaction score
khiladi;5064760 said:
We never attack the seams anyways.. What makes one think plugging in a potentially good TE is gonna work in this scheme?

Well, let's just hope they are gonna make a concerted effort to attack and exploit the middle of the field.

Wow. It sure feels like we are living in the Campo years all over again.

Risen Star

Likes Collector
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
DWAREZ;5064764 said:
Mayock loves him, says he catches everything, great hands!

He's a legitimate weapon. And he's got the best tutor he could ever ask for in Jason Witten.

Cowboysfan570

Reaction score
Eddie;5064776 said:
I remember how we lauded over the 2 TE formations and emphatically stated how impossible it will be stop.

How'd that work out ???

Bennett's rookie season made a number of us irrationally exuberant, we didn't count on him getting worse at route running and catching over time.

cnhnyy

Reaction score
ManicDepressiveMan;5064777 said:
I'd sell one of my kids to have Ozzie Newsome running this team.

Elam

Brown

Golden. As usual.

or the Vikings GM. Look at his last six drafts and what he did yesterday.

jobberone

Kane Ala
Reaction score
Risen Star;5064775 said:
I just want him to develop as a blocker so he can stay on the field in all situations and be the heir apparent to Witten. Not just a role player. That wouldn't be worth a 2nd round pick.

Then don't think of him as another TE. He's a hybrid. He'll get some playing time. I'm telling you, you're going to love him.

Risen Star

Likes Collector
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Eddie;5064776 said:

How'd that work out ???

True but this is different. Witten is at that age where he could rapidly decline at any time. This is a pretty nice plan for life after him.