***2013 Nfl Draft Round 2 Discussion Thread***

Wishbone82

Omaha! Omaha!
Reaction score
Rack Bauer;5064684 said:
Jerrah will get one right eventually!

I was actually joking with myself when i thought what i would do if we got the ND TE in the first round....i totally didnt see this blindside pick coming lol ( i guess i should have :| )

Kilyin

Reaction score
Don't worry guys, drafting TEs in the second round has historically worked out well for us recently (Fasano, Bennett). WE HAVE A PLAN.

1LoyalCowboyFan

Reaction score
We will be attacking safeties and nickel backs with Escobar. I am with the majority wondering why we didn't they grab a quick twitch DT or best rated Safety. Where were they on their board? Did Kiffin say all those guys wont fit the defense I want. My Head is full of yuck.

Risen Star

Likes Collector
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Teague31;5064669 said:
McShay said if he had gone to a bigger school he would have been listed with Eifert

I thought Eifert became a complete TE this past season. Escobar still isn't an effective blocker.

khiladi

Reaction score
I thought Hanna was a sure thing. Then there was Phillips. Why are we picking TEs at this rate? I guess it's Wade Phillips fault...

jobberone

Kane Ala
Reaction score
Risen Star;5064637 said:
BTW, Gavin Escobar was PFW's 2nd rated TE. Ahead of Zach Ertz.

Yep. He's considered a bit below Eifert but not much. I promise you guys this player is going to make you much happier than many are now.

popp1234

Reaction score
khiladi;5064706 said:
Jay Novacek was a stud.. More impact on winning for the Cowboys than realized.

I totally agree. I would love another Jay Novacek. That's was my point. Hall of famer would be great, but having a Jay Novecek type contribution to this team would still make me grin ear-to-ear.

Teague31

Defender of the Star
Reaction score
khiladi;5064721 said:
I thought Hanna was a sure thing. Then there was Phillips. Why are we picking TEs at this rate? I guess it's Wade Phillips fault...

Hanna and Phillips were both 6th rounders. Hardly sure things

coult44

Reaction score
Jerry is by far the dumbest, most ********, worst GM in the history of any professional sport. However, we all come running back every year. I'd go as far as saying I think JJ does this crap just to prove to someone that regardless of how bad the team is he will still have all of us drug addicts giving him millions of dollars. There is no explanation to how insane this dumba$$ is. There is no team in the NFL who would have made the same two pics as us with the team we have and the situation at the time of the pick!!! For any Cowboys fan to say they are happy with this draft and even dare to make an excuse for this joke of an orginazatiin I question your sanity...this draft is an example of why we are one of the worst teams in football for two decades now, and why will continue to be until JJ is being taken care of by a team of nurses in an old folks home or a mental hospital somewhere!!

Risen Star

Likes Collector
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
mschmidt64;5064708 said:
Ourlads had him down the list quite a bit though.

Yourlads.

Frank Coyle of Draft Insiders Digest has him 3rd rated and says he's got Pro Bowl potential and compares him to Jimmy Graham.

Dale

Forum Architect
Reaction score
jobberone;5064723 said:
Yep. He's considered a bit below Eifert but not much. I promise you guys this player is going to make you much happier than many are now.

Watching his highlight video -- which, admittedly, provides a skewed story -- he certainly seems like a guy who will provide us some "OMG!" catches. Hopefully he's a dynamic weapon.

We've got to use him though. I've been burned too much by past second-round tight-end selections to feel like this guy will be an impact player for us. I absolutely hope to be wrong.

khiladi

Reaction score
popp1234;5064724 said:
I totally agree. I would love another Jay Novacek.

I know this may sound blasphemous, but I actually prefer him over Witten, because the guy had such an impact on a winning team. The guy was absolute clutch when Aikman needed him and Aikman considers him as such a crucial piece of the whole puzzle.

jobberone

Kane Ala
Reaction score
Risen Star;5064717 said:
I thought Eifert became a complete TE this past season. Escobar still isn't an effective blocker.

No but he's really a big WR. And he can't be much worse a blocker than Witten. We have put an OL out there next to OT when we max block.

TheCoolFan

Reaction score
Jerry tries so hard to imitate bits and pieces of other teams instead of just sticking to something that will work. He tries to experiment and combine different elements and that's why we're so screwed every year trying to fill so many holes :(

jason54858

Gloomy Sunday
Reaction score
TheCoolFan;5064750 said:
Jerry tries so hard to imitate bits and pieces of other teams instead of just sticking to something that will work. He tries to experiment and combine different elements and that's why we're so screwed every year trying to fill so many holes :(

:bow:

JohnsKey19

Reaction score
With this pick of a TE in rd 2, Eifert apparently really was in play for us in the 1st. Unbelievable. I woulda never thought TE was even a consideration for us 3 days ago.

khiladi

Reaction score
Teague31;5064735 said:
Hanna and Phillips were both 6th rounders. Hardly sure things

We never attack the seams anyways.. What makes one think plugging in a potentially good TE is gonna work in this scheme?

Well, let's just hope they are gonna make a concerted effort to attack and exploit the middle of the field.