***2013 NFL DRAFT ROUND 4, 5, 6 and 7 Discussion Thread***

NeonNinja

Dash28
Reaction score
Risen Star;5067157 said:
But I've taken 3 guys who directly help you in the trenches.

Two more than Dallas.

Thanks for playing. Parting gifts at the door.

I'm talking the OL that you were complaining about.

StarHead69

Reaction score
Hopefully Webb can man the slot corner spot for us by the end of the season, and be a counter to Cruz and Desean Jackson.

DOUBLE WING

Reaction score
StanleySpadowski;5067147 said:
It is.

Switching to the 4-3 really strengthened the DL. Dallas has an elite player in Ware, a plus plus player in Hatcher, a player who has been a plus plus recently in Ratliff and a decent player in Spencer. You have two solid rotation guys in Lissemore and Crawford.

No one outside the first round would have cracked those six and no one in the 4th round has any more potential than Wilber.

How does the kool-aid taste?

You're hyping these guys far too much. If you can't find someone in the first 3 rounds to push a player like Hatcher/Lissemore/Crawford then you're drafting wrong.

And Ratliff? Love the guy, but he's clearly on his last leg.

wileedog

Reaction score
StanleySpadowski;5067147 said:
It is.

Switching to the 4-3 really strengthened the DL. Dallas has an elite player in Ware, a plus plus player in Hatcher, a player who has been a plus plus recently in Ratliff and a decent player in Spencer. You have two solid rotation guys in Lissemore and Crawford.

Hatcher is not "plus plus" and Ratliff hasn't been for two years. Considering his age and the beating he has taken its far more likely he will never be again than he will, no matter what defensive scheme we use.

Lissemore and Crawford are JAGs.

While its certainly not as big a weakness as OL by any stretch, DL is not a "strength" for this team.

Rogerthat12

DWAREZ
Reaction score
Plankton;5067053 said:
Webb is a solid value, but he was not a better value than Khaseem Greene or Kevin Reddick. Again, where are the lines?

What I would have done - LB Khaseem Greene Rutgers

How does a LB beef up the lines?

Chuck 54

Reaction score
Phillip Thomas ranked 8.1 by Kiper.
Webb ranked 8.5....if you only care about media guys rankings.

The other Thomas safety went to Pitt....I don't care how much we liked him in college. The NFL is still waiting on the first 5'8" safety to make a mark in the league, and we already had a safety.

IAmLegend

Reaction score
Broncos should take Rambo here. They need S and he's a steal at this point.

Eskimo

Reaction score
In all honesty most 4th rounders never amount to much. I think only about 1 in 5 ever develop into decent starters. At this point if you can find a significant contributor at something besides ST you have done well.

These are all develomental picks for the most part because the players usually have some significant shortcomings and that is why they go here. Maybe it is lack of size, strength, speed, quickness, experience, injury history, toughness, intelligence.... But there is something that made people wait this long before calling them on down.

So if you grade someone as the best for your systems you go ahead and take the player and worry about other things afterwards. You can usually still try and fill some depth gaps in what is leftover in FA. Here is where you draft for 2-3 years down the road and needs can change markedly due to injury, age or salary in that timeframe.

Plankton

Reaction score
DWAREZ;5067174 said:
How does a LB beef up the lines?

LB was the best value, hence the pick.

The line reference was about the draft in general. Clearly it isn't a priority with this front office.

Risen Star

Likes Collector
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Dash28;5067166 said:
I'm talking the OL that you were complaining about.

I was talking about ignoring the trenches. I've drafted three of those players in that mock.

What were you saying again?

cowboysfan31

Reaction score
There are still a ton of good DL out there at this point. Jesse Williams, Brandon Jenkins, Quanterus Smith, William Gholston, Joe Kruger, Everett Dawkins...

baddude

Reaction score
StarHead69;5067169 said:
Hopefully Webb can man the slot corner spot for us by the end of the season, and be a counter to Cruz and Desean Jackson.
He ran a 4.51 at the 40. He will get destroyed by Desean.

Plankton

Reaction score
Chuck 54;5067175 said:
Phillip Thomas ranked 8.1 by Kiper.
Webb ranked 8.5....if you only care about media guys rankings.

The other Thomas safety went to Pitt....I don't care how much we liked him in college. The NFL is still waiting on the first 5'8" safety to make a mark in the league, and we already had a safety.

Bob Sanders and Thomas Everett have already done that.