2014 NFL Draft Spreadsheet and Cowboyszone "BIG BOARD"***Public Spreadsheet Post #19***

Fredd

Reaction score
in the spreadsheet, you can update the listing a few different ways, but the easiest is to copy & paste your list on to an open column and then cut & paste the names back on to your column in the new order

thanx! For anyone else doing this, you have until I wake tomorrow morning to enter your list. I need some time to finalize the document

jobberone

Kane Ala
Reaction score
in the spreadsheet, you can update the listing a few different ways, but the easiest is to copy & paste your list on to an open column and then cut & paste the names back on to your column in the new order

thanx! For anyone else doing this, you have until I wake tomorrow morning to enter your list. I need some time to finalize the document

Thanks. I only have time now for the first round. I'm going to try to get to the second but not promising.

Great job, Fredd. Can't tell you how much we appreciate all the time and effort you've put into this.

Fredd

Reaction score
thanx, I appreciate it. It is a passion of mine and I can do just about anything with Excel, so I wanted to share it....

Floatyworm

The Labeled One
Reaction score
Thanks for the work Fredd...I tried to put as much into this as I could...but just ran out of time. Feel pretty comfortable about the first 4 rounds...So let her ride!!!!

Fredd

Reaction score
the spreadsheet to enter your picks in is now closed (well, it is there, I just am not accepting more)...thank you to the few of you that participated; the rankings that will be coming out are based on your picks (I am not using CBS, Kiper, McShay, etc)...

-Fredd-

Fredd

Reaction score
I'm done Fredd. Thanks again. Really appreciate this contribution.

thanx, I see them in there and I included them...I am in the process of the final update as we speak...should be ready by tomorrow at the latest

pancakeman

Reaction score
On opening it on my mac, I got an error message saying "The workbook you opened contains automatic links to information in another workbook." It looks like there is a link to a file named CCM%20Tool%20-%20DEMO.xlsm somewhere in the file.
But once past those error messages, it looks like it's working.
Hope that helps!

Fredd

Reaction score
hmmm, not sure why it is doing that...are you talking about the google docs file or the excel spreadsheet with all of the tabs?

Phoenix

Reaction score
It's done!!!!

I have completed the final changes to the spreadsheet. It can be found in the upper right corner of the link below called 2014 NFL Draft Spreadsheet. I will update the specifics on the page by tomorrow

http://www.fredsboot.com/nfl-draft-2014.html

.....so....the spreadsheets look the same to me at a light first glance (I am for the first time looking at this). Do the "Rankings" in your main "2014 NFL Draft Tracker" multi-tab Excel workbook spreadsheet now reflect the handful of rankings done by members of the Zone to be "The Big Board" for here? Or do these rankings still reflect the original multiple mocks you integrated together, and I am looking in altogether the wrong place for the Zone "Big Board"? Becuase the upper right corner link at your site seems to give me the exact same Excel file that your very first post in this thread does...? I must be doing something wrong. Or just not understanding. The "Top 100" Google Doc spreadsheet, I see, has all the entries from the Zone members, but where is the resulting "average" or whatever?

Anyway, much thanks for what looks to be a tremendous amount of work on your part!

Fredd

Reaction score
.....so....the spreadsheets look the same to me at a light first glance (I am for the first time looking at this). Do the "Rankings" in your main "2014 NFL Draft Tracker" multi-tab Excel workbook spreadsheet now reflect the handful of rankings done by members of the Zone to be "The Big Board" for here? Or do these rankings still reflect the original multiple mocks you integrated together, and I am looking in altogether the wrong place for the Zone "Big Board"? Becuase the upper right corner link at your site seems to give me the exact same Excel file that your very first post in this thread does...? I must be doing something wrong. Or just not understanding. The "Top 100" Google Doc spreadsheet, I see, has all the entries from the Zone members, but where is the resulting "average" or whatever?

Anyway, much thanks for what looks to be a tremendous amount of work on your part!

I have sent the more revised version to Reality this morning and he said he would try to get it on here today. If you want to see all the updated information/spreadsheet that includes all of the new rankings, you would have to go to the web site and download it (upper right corner) http://www.fredsboot.com/nfl-draft-2014.html

btw, the google doc is now worthless :))...but, if you can't see the revised file that says May 4th...the new file has Robinson, Mack and then Clowney (Clowney was 6th on my last one if I remember correctly)...Donald is 8th on the new one but was in the 20's on the previous one

Thanx for the kind words!

if anyone needs me to send them an email with the updated file, then please PM me with your email address...I will send it when I get home from work later (around 6:00pm EST)

Phoenix

Reaction score
I could not get the "Rankings" to show every player, no matter what I did. Even Clowney didn't show up at #1. Most of the cells were "hidden" and I could NOT get them to display so could not enter the team / selection. I am an Excel idiot I guess. So I could not use this spreadsheet :(

Fredd

Reaction score
It sounds like a filter was on? A filter will only show what you pick. So, go and look to see if one of the little drop down arrows looks different from the others and then put it back to normal, that should work.

I am going to put an updated file on my site a little later that has the picks taken already.

Fredd

Reaction score
I just updated the spreadsheet on my site (http://www.fredsboot.com/nfl-draft-2014.html) to include the picks taken yesterday. there was also a minor glitch in how the conferences were being calculated so that works as expected now. Button in top right allows you to download the file.

Just as an fyi, if you took the time to enter the picks in the ranking page, if you go to the Tracking tab/page, you will see all of the selected players shaded in red with an "X" next to their name; that happens automatically so you can look at a high level view of what is left

PM me if you have issues. thanx!

ginstwin

Reaction score
Fredd,

I just wanted to thank you again for the exceptional spreadsheet.

I used it on all 3 days of the draft and it greatly enhanced the experience.

Very generous of you to share it and I am already looking forward to next years !!