2014 NFL Draft Spreadsheet and Cowboyszone "BIG BOARD"***Public Spreadsheet Post #19***

Biggems

White and Nerdy
Reaction score
than you...so, help a brother out and put your list together using the link...the more people get involved, the more we, collectively, can make our own CZ Big board...and, the rankings came from mocks from a month ago....things are going to change...

I dont have the time....that is why i am thankful you guys go through so much effort. TBH, I don't really care that the rankings are a little dated, it's still a great tool for analysis use. But, because Gaines and McAllister went to Judson, I am a lot more sensative to theirs. It is all about Rocket Pride for me.

Fredd

Reaction score
I dont have the time....that is why i am thankful you guys go through so much effort. TBH, I don't really care that the rankings are a little dated, it's still a great tool for analysis use. But, because Gaines and McAllister went to Judson, I am a lot more sensative to theirs. It is all about Rocket Pride for me.

haha...well, I expect to have an updated file by this time next week, another update by April 30th, and then a final update for the draft...I am hopeful that we can get some participation in the file so that we can create our own big board....hey, even if you give a first round or two, THAT helps greatly...it doesn't have to be 100

Thanx again

Fredd

Reaction score
update (copied this from the other thread)

Here are some preliminary results from the rankings provided by those of you that have participated in the Cowboyszone Big Board. I used the CBS board, Mel Kiper's first two rounds, Tood McShay's first two rounds and picks supplied by 5 CZ members (myself, @tm1119 , @jterrell , @Doc50 , and @unionjack8 (thank you). I will show in here a few picks before and after our selections to give you an idea of how it is running currently:

First Round: 1) Robinson, 2) Clowney, 3) Mack, 4) Bortles, 5) Matthews, Jake, 6) Watkins, 7) Evans, 8) Gilbert, 9) Ebron, 10) Manziel, 11) Lewan, 12) Bridgewater, 13) Dennard

1st round (#16): 14) Donald, 15) Barr, 16) Mosley, 17) Clinton-Dix, 18) Martin, Zack

Rest of first round: 19) Beckham Jr, 20) Pryor, 21) Jernigan, 22) Cooks, 23) Nix, 24) Verrett, 25) Hageman, 26) Shazier, 27) Ford, 28) Su'a-filo, 29) Roby, 30) Fuller, 31) Benjamin, 32) Moses

2nd round (#47): 45) Borland, 46) Bitonio, 47) Amaro, 48) Lawrence, 49) Kouandijo

3rd round (#78): 76) Smith, Telvin, 77) Desir , 78) Bryant, Martavis, 79) Jones, DaQuan, 80) Breeland
Notables right after this: Easley, Sankey, Sutton, Thomas,B., Jeffcoat

4th round (#119): 117) Reynolds, Ed, 118) Fleming, 119) Huff, Josh, 120) Murray, 121) Dixon
Notables right after this: Reid, Turner,T.

5th Round (#158): 156) Grant, 157) Mitchell, 158) Breslin, 159) Archer, 160) Jones,TJ
Notables right after this: Sam, Fales, Shembo

I didn't bother projecting anything into the 7th round as I only have CBS and other sites to go by.

If you want to participate in creating the CZ Big Board, click on this link https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AoBGPWKdYxpndEdseXlZT2I5aFJULUIzTzJkOElvNVE&usp=sharing and enter your projections. Put your username at the top and then enter the names (last name, first name please). The more people that use this, the better this will be. You can also go in an edit your picks at any point. I will be updating the list two more times before the draft and all of our picks will update the NFL Draft Spreadsheet. If you want a say in who is high on the spreadsheet, this is the way to do it. you don't have to give 100 to 150 names, you can just give one or two rounds, it can make a difference.

You can find the Excel spreadsheet with everything on there in the NFL Draft Spreadsheet thread in the Draft Zone. That will get updated within the next week or so, once I get all of the rankings updated.

Please let me know your thoughts.
-Fredd-

Floatyworm

The Labeled One
Reaction score
This is awesome Fredd....

Went a little over board today. Still need to update a few picks hence the gaps. And I'll come clean....still learning Excel. Is there an easier way to rank the players w/o erasing the players already ranked?

Fredd

Reaction score
This is awesome Fredd....

Went a little over board today. Still need to update a few picks hence the gaps. And I'll come clean....still learning Excel. Is there an easier way to rank the players w/o erasing the players already ranked?

Thank you for participating. I would copy & paste it onto an open column and then update as you see fit. PM me if you have questions.

-Fredd-

Floatyworm

The Labeled One
Reaction score
Thank you for participating. I would copy & paste it onto an open column and then update as you see fit. PM me if you have questions.

-Fredd-

That's what I have been doing. Seems to me there should be a way to grab a player and then just slot them in....and then the rest of the players would slide down.

Macnalty

Reaction score
Here is the 2014 NFL Draft Index Spreadsheet. I made this last year and it got some really nice reviews from many of you. Here are some of the features for this year (in Microsoft Excel):
  • There are a lot of tabs. There are also buttons (gray boxes) that you can click to navigate to the tab that you want
  • If your version of the file asks you to enable content, then click that button and enable.
  • Tabs for: Instructions (basic use), Value chart, Team Needs, Offense Ranking by position, Defense Ranking by position, Ranking (overall, has 454 players currently), Comparison of 4 players and their rankings, college tracker, and draft tracker
  • Ranking tab - this is the current ranking of players; I used roughly 20 mocks to determine the order based on a points system (no homerism); during the draft (or any time you want to play around with it), if you enter the team (drop down menu) and the pick where they are selected, it will determine the value of the pick and update the tracker tab and college tracker tab automatically, there is a lot of info on this tab including their combine #'s, their school, size, etc. There are also links to many of the players in there (CBS)
  • Tracker tab - this is filled in with the first 3 rounds as I am waiting to see where the compensatory picks fall. I will complete this once the league determines those. Once that player is selected and entered on the tracking tab, it auto populates into this tab so you can see who was picked and who remains
  • College Tracker (new) - if you use the file during the draft, and enter the team and selection # and the team and conference will be updated with that pick; in other words, you can track how many picks each conference has in each round
  • Comparison (new) - this will give a comparison of the rankings for up to 4 players. you select up to 4 names and you can see how they rank against each other. ***NOTE: there is an issue with this tab that is easily fixable. Once you save the save the file, you just need to unprotect that tab and then copy & paste the 3rd gray box over he top of the other 3 and it will then work (sorry); future versions of the file will have this change
In seeing that others have wanted to do a Cowboyszone “Big Board”, we can use this spreadsheet as a jump off point. Here is how it works:

• You PM or email me your top 100 (in order) picks. This would include all top 100, even if you don’t think someone will make it to our pick (in other words, if you think Clowney goes #1, then he is #1 on your list – don’t leave players out). If you want to give me more or less, that works too - the point value goes from the first pick all the way down to the 224th pick, so this accommodates all of it

• I will compile all of the lists and re-order everything based on who everyone wants in these selections – so, your vote counts! I am planning on updating the file based on your lists the weekend of March 29th and 30th, so it would be nice to have everything by then
Reality has been kind enough to add the spreadsheet to the site and it can be downloaded by clicking the link below.

http://cowboyszone.com/download/2014_NFL_Draft_Index.xlsm

If you don’t have the newer version of Excel, then PM me or email me at fred@fredsboot.com and I will send you an older version in Excel. I am also adding it to my website but it won't be out there for a short while (within the next few days).

If you would like to see anything added, then let me know. For example, if you have a pet cat that you don't see on the Tracking tab, then I can add them. If you have ideas on things you would like that aren't there at all, let me know. This is long enough so let me know if you have questions. I welcome ALL comments. Let me know if you like this. I used last year's version during the actual draft and it was very helpful to me.

-Fredd-

Need help moving my cells up and down in the row without deleting data(insert option in excel), I want to rearrange my picks non destructively. Thanks again for arranging this, it is a great tool.

Floatyworm

The Labeled One
Reaction score
Need help moving my cells up and down in the row without deleting data(insert option in excel), I want to rearrange my picks non destructively. Thanks again for arranging this, it is a great tool.

I think you and I are having the same problem. there has got to be a way to move the players w/o erasing!!!!

Fredd

Reaction score
I would suggest using an open column and putting your full list in there. then, you but & paste them over to the one where your username resides...that's what I did when I updated mine...there is a way to do this in excel, but it would take too long to go over that...

Macnalty

Reaction score
I would suggest using an open column and putting your full list in there. then, you but & paste them over to the one where your username resides...that's what I did when I updated mine...there is a way to do this in excel, but it would take too long to go over that...

That is true, I can do it in Excel but do not seem to be able to figure out the commands for the google docs(it should). I will work on my 100(in excel) and then clear my cells(google docs) with the new data. Thanks for getting back to me, and Floaty just put you list into excel and you will see a nice way to insert names from the cell rows.

My biggest changes for this week in talent are with J Attachou, Zack Martin, Baptiste CB, Juwan James OT, Murphy DE, Crichton DE, Demarcus Lawrence OLB, all moving up. My take is all the decent talent for DE will be gone before our pick in the 2nd rd. Not sure where all the love is coming from for Jimmy Ward FS(too small IMO).
On the way down A Barr(raw talent),C Pryor, LaMarcus Joyner.

Fredd

Reaction score
I took tomorrow off, so I am likely to update my own list

we need more participants. I am likely going to close this down in about a week because I have to put the final NFL Draft Spreadsheet together based on our rankings.

WE NEED MORE OF YOU!!!

Floatyworm

The Labeled One
Reaction score
I took tomorrow off, so I am likely to update my own list

we need more participants. I am likely going to close this down in about a week because I have to put the final NFL Draft Spreadsheet together based on our rankings.

WE NEED MORE OF YOU!!!

What day are you gonna shut this down???? Was planning on editing until next Friday....

jday

Reaction score
Here is the 2014 NFL Draft Index Spreadsheet. I made this last year and it got some really nice reviews from many of you. Here are some of the features for this year (in Microsoft Excel):
  • There are a lot of tabs. There are also buttons (gray boxes) that you can click to navigate to the tab that you want
  • If your version of the file asks you to enable content, then click that button and enable.
  • Tabs for: Instructions (basic use), Value chart, Team Needs, Offense Ranking by position, Defense Ranking by position, Ranking (overall, has 454 players currently), Comparison of 4 players and their rankings, college tracker, and draft tracker
  • Ranking tab - this is the current ranking of players; I used roughly 20 mocks to determine the order based on a points system (no homerism); during the draft (or any time you want to play around with it), if you enter the team (drop down menu) and the pick where they are selected, it will determine the value of the pick and update the tracker tab and college tracker tab automatically, there is a lot of info on this tab including their combine #'s, their school, size, etc. There are also links to many of the players in there (CBS)
  • Tracker tab - this is filled in with the first 3 rounds as I am waiting to see where the compensatory picks fall. I will complete this once the league determines those. Once that player is selected and entered on the tracking tab, it auto populates into this tab so you can see who was picked and who remains
  • College Tracker (new) - if you use the file during the draft, and enter the team and selection # and the team and conference will be updated with that pick; in other words, you can track how many picks each conference has in each round
  • Comparison (new) - this will give a comparison of the rankings for up to 4 players. you select up to 4 names and you can see how they rank against each other. ***NOTE: there is an issue with this tab that is easily fixable. Once you save the save the file, you just need to unprotect that tab and then copy & paste the 3rd gray box over he top of the other 3 and it will then work (sorry); future versions of the file will have this change
In seeing that others have wanted to do a Cowboyszone “Big Board”, we can use this spreadsheet as a jump off point. Here is how it works:

• You PM or email me your top 100 (in order) picks. This would include all top 100, even if you don’t think someone will make it to our pick (in other words, if you think Clowney goes #1, then he is #1 on your list – don’t leave players out). If you want to give me more or less, that works too - the point value goes from the first pick all the way down to the 224th pick, so this accommodates all of it

• I will compile all of the lists and re-order everything based on who everyone wants in these selections – so, your vote counts! I am planning on updating the file based on your lists the weekend of March 29th and 30th, so it would be nice to have everything by then
Reality has been kind enough to add the spreadsheet to the site and it can be downloaded by clicking the link below.

If you don’t have the newer version of Excel, then PM me or email me at fred@fredsboot.com and I will send you an older version in Excel. I am also adding it to my website but it won't be out there for a short while (within the next few days).

If you would like to see anything added, then let me know. For example, if you have a pet cat that you don't see on the Tracking tab, then I can add them. If you have ideas on things you would like that aren't there at all, let me know. This is long enough so let me know if you have questions. I welcome ALL comments. Let me know if you like this. I used last year's version during the actual draft and it was very helpful to me.

-Fredd-

Excellent work. I appreciate the time you put into this.

NJ22

Reaction score

-Fredd-

Dude..Love it! Well done brother. . Instead of making my own xls this year. I will take advantage of your hard work.

Fredd

Reaction score
Thank you! Now, if you want to help create the rankings, then go into post #19, click the link and add your own players in...I am putting the final version together on Saturday/Sunday....so, your picks need to be in by Friday night (I get up early on Saturday)

jobberone

Kane Ala
Reaction score
update (copied this from the other thread)

Here are some preliminary results from the rankings provided by those of you that have participated in the Cowboyszone Big Board. I used the CBS board, Mel Kiper's first two rounds, Tood McShay's first two rounds and picks supplied by 5 CZ members (myself, @tm1119 , @jterrell , @Doc50 , and @unionjack8 (thank you). I will show in here a few picks before and after our selections to give you an idea of how it is running currently:

First Round: 1) Robinson, 2) Clowney, 3) Mack, 4) Bortles, 5) Matthews, Jake, 6) Watkins, 7) Evans, 8) Gilbert, 9) Ebron, 10) Manziel, 11) Lewan, 12) Bridgewater, 13) Dennard

1st round (#16): 14) Donald, 15) Barr, 16) Mosley, 17) Clinton-Dix, 18) Martin, Zack

Rest of first round: 19) Beckham Jr, 20) Pryor, 21) Jernigan, 22) Cooks, 23) Nix, 24) Verrett, 25) Hageman, 26) Shazier, 27) Ford, 28) Su'a-filo, 29) Roby, 30) Fuller, 31) Benjamin, 32) Moses

2nd round (#47): 45) Borland, 46) Bitonio, 47) Amaro, 48) Lawrence, 49) Kouandijo

3rd round (#78): 76) Smith, Telvin, 77) Desir , 78) Bryant, Martavis, 79) Jones, DaQuan, 80) Breeland
Notables right after this: Easley, Sankey, Sutton, Thomas,B., Jeffcoat

4th round (#119): 117) Reynolds, Ed, 118) Fleming, 119) Huff, Josh, 120) Murray, 121) Dixon
Notables right after this: Reid, Turner,T.

5th Round (#158): 156) Grant, 157) Mitchell, 158) Breslin, 159) Archer, 160) Jones,TJ
Notables right after this: Sam, Fales, Shembo

I didn't bother projecting anything into the 7th round as I only have CBS and other sites to go by.

If you want to participate in creating the CZ Big Board, click on this link https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AoBGPWKdYxpndEdseXlZT2I5aFJULUIzTzJkOElvNVE&usp=sharing and enter your projections. Put your username at the top and then enter the names (last name, first name please). The more people that use this, the better this will be. You can also go in an edit your picks at any point. I will be updating the list two more times before the draft and all of our picks will update the NFL Draft Spreadsheet. If you want a say in who is high on the spreadsheet, this is the way to do it. you don't have to give 100 to 150 names, you can just give one or two rounds, it can make a difference.

You can find the Excel spreadsheet with everything on there in the NFL Draft Spreadsheet thread in the Draft Zone. That will get updated within the next week or so, once I get all of the rankings updated.

Please let me know your thoughts.
-Fredd-

If they take Amaro (whom I see as a 4th rounder) over Easley I will send JJ a nastygram which will be my first communication with VR ever. I will have a hissy fit and rave and rant. It will be unbecoming to say the least. It won't last long but it won't be pretty.

jobberone

Kane Ala
Reaction score
On phone. How to change my board. Need to switch Robinson for Lewan.

EDIT: figured it out. Spreadsheets ain't my thing.

Last edited:

Doc50

Original Fan
Reaction score
I have used this as an ranking tool -
not a predictor of where I think players will be drafted. There will be no moves unless someone gets injured or arrested in the next week.
Likewise, if I have a guy ranked at # 50, and he goes at #10, that doesn't change my mind at all.
Need to reevaluate the stated worth in 2-3 years.