2015-2016 NBA Season Thread

RonSpringsdaman20

Hold The Door!
Reaction score
I Hate Houston (Mostly Harden,& Dwie12..lol), but I like their depth and versatility...
And Sam Decker can play.

RunDMC

Reaction score
They might finish solid in the East and easily make the playoffs but they aren't in CLE's class, not even in that universe.
They would be a 35-40 win team in the West imho.
Goran and Wade are really the same guy. They are both ball dominant scorers. Not really a good fit there imho.
They have do have some interesting pieces but the elite teams are all so well built and dominant it's going to be hard to crack that top 10 teams.

The defense has really fallen way off and I don't think that changes. Too many key defenders are older.

Dragic is a true point guard unlike Chalmers. It takes pressure off Wade having to make plays all the time. Cleveland is clearly the team to beat, but can Kyrie and Love stay healthy? That's been their biggest issue in their pro careers. Obviously Wade's health is a question mark, but when he was last season he had a bit of a resurgence. With the way Whiteside played last year he gives them a legit presence inside on both ends of the floor. A guy who can finish inside, block some shots, and rebound the basketball. Then you have Bosh coming back who is still an All Star power forward.

RonSpringsdaman20

Hold The Door!
Reaction score
Seen it in the summer league, seeing it more in the pre-season..
Aaron Gord has improved his skill level immensely. Add that to already ridiculous athleticism.
Looking forward to watching his improvement this year.

RonSpringsdaman20

Hold The Door!
Reaction score
Shaq Oneal:

“Im mad about little penny dolls running around talking about..”That’s Tyra Banks Fool!”

Comedy

RonSpringsdaman20

Hold The Door!
Reaction score
Dragic is a true point guard unlike Chalmers. It takes pressure off Wade having to make plays all the time. Cleveland is clearly the team to beat, but can Kyrie and Love stay healthy? That's been their biggest issue in their pro careers. Obviously Wade's health is a question mark, but when he was last season he had a bit of a resurgence. With the way Whiteside played last year he gives them a legit presence inside on both ends of the floor. A guy who can finish inside, block some shots, and rebound the basketball. Then you have Bosh coming back who is still an All Star power forward.

I don't know about "True Pg" there was a reason phoenix felt comfortable playing him at the two for a year and a half.
There's very few "True Pg's" in the league.
Good Player none the less.

RunDMC

Reaction score
Lamar Odom fighting for his life. Per ESPN.

Hope he's okay.

Last edited:

Biggems

White and Nerdy
Reaction score
Look out for my Spurs......we may struggle in November and December, getting the newbies acclimated to the system. But come 2016, we should make a nice run, end up in the top 3 in the West, and be a beast in the postseason, because of depth and experience.

BTW, look for OKC to be scary this year if healthy. Now that Brooks is gone, they may actually get real coaching, strategy, and defined offensive sets in the half court. Also, they have some quality depth.

I look for Cleveland to struggle early, as Lebron will be nursing his lingering injuries, Kyrie's knee, Thompson no contract, and I have no idea if Varajao is healthy or not.

Atlanta should be better on both ends with the addition of Splitter. He is a great pick and roll defender, as well as, a great screen setter on offense. He may be soft around the rim on the offensive end, but all the dirty, little things will be taken care of to help make his teammates more successful.

I wonder how long it will take for the Kings to completely explode.......with that volatile mix of Karl, Rondo, and Cousins

Will it be better for the Lakers to be with or without Kobe. Yes he is an all-time great, but he is a ball hog and a poor defender. His efficiency is way down now. I feel it would best serve the team to let the youth movement grow together and fight through the grind and struggles.

Portland will drop off quite a bit, but still be in contention for an 8th seed after the end of March.

GS, SA, OKC, Houston, LAC, Memphis, NO, Dallas, PHX, Portland, and either Utah or Minnesota will be at or above .500 come the end of the season......The West is stacked, but 11 teams will avoid having a losing record.

In the East, no more than 6 teams will be at .500 or better

RonSpringsdaman20

Hold The Door!
Reaction score
Look out for my Spurs......we may struggle in November and December, getting the newbies acclimated to the system. But come 2016, we should make a nice run, end up in the top 3 in the West, and be a beast in the postseason, because of depth and experience.

BTW, look for OKC to be scary this year if healthy. Now that Brooks is gone, they may actually get real coaching, strategy, and defined offensive sets in the half court. Also, they have some quality depth.

I look for Cleveland to struggle early, as Lebron will be nursing his lingering injuries, Kyrie's knee, Thompson no contract, and I have no idea if Varajao is healthy or not.

Atlanta should be better on both ends with the addition of Splitter. He is a great pick and roll defender, as well as, a great screen setter on offense. He may be soft around the rim on the offensive end, but all the dirty, little things will be taken care of to help make his teammates more successful.

I wonder how long it will take for the Kings to completely explode.......with that volatile mix of Karl, Rondo, and Cousins

Will it be better for the Lakers to be with or without Kobe. Yes he is an all-time great, but he is a ball hog and a poor defender. His efficiency is way down now. I feel it would best serve the team to let the youth movement grow together and fight through the grind and struggles.

Portland will drop off quite a bit, but still be in contention for an 8th seed after the end of March.

GS, SA, OKC, Houston, LAC, Memphis, NO, Dallas, PHX, Portland, and either Utah or Minnesota will be at or above .500 come the end of the season......The West is stacked, but 11 teams will avoid having a losing record.

In the East, no more than 6 teams will be at .500 or better

Varajao is healthy and looks like himself in preseason.

RonSpringsdaman20

Hold The Door!
Reaction score
https://sports.yahoo.com/news/emman...ist-of-10-nba-rookies-to-watch-034720499.html
Emmanuel Mudiay headlines list of 10 NBA rookies to watch

Mudiay believes the 2015 NBA rookie class will be "one of the best classes in a long time." Here's nine other rookies worth watching this season:

Karl-Anthony Towns, Minnesota Timberwolves, F/C, No. 1 overall pick
Scout's view: "I like him. He's going to do well. I love his ability to shoot the ball [and] pass, and he learns. He has a high basketball IQ. He's not on a good team, but he will play well for them."

Jahlil Okafor, Philadelphia 76ers, C, No. 3 pick
Scout's view: "He's super talented. He is a low-post scorer. But long-term his body kind of scares me. Will he be able to hold weight off?"

Los Angeles Lakers, PG, No. 2 pick
Scout's view: "He's a little bit overrated. He has some talent, but I haven't been impressed with what I see. He is an average shooter. They say he can pass, but he has to figure out the proper passing angles."

Stanley Johnson, Detroit Pistons, SF, No. 8 pick
Scout's view: "He has a very good feel for the game. Versatile player who can score and defend. Handles the ball well, can get in the paint and has a good in-between game."

Kristaps Porzingis, New York Knicks, F/C, No. 4 pick
Scout's view: "They are going to throw him to the wolves and let him play. With his skillset, the triangle [offense] will work well for him. He can put the ball on the floor, shoot and pass. It's a perfect system for him."

Myles Turner, Indiana Pacers, F/C, No. 11 pick
Scout's view: "He has great size at power forward. Runs the floor well. He has good shot-blocking instincts. He also has a 22-foot face-up jumper, which is a pretty good weapon until he gets stronger."

Devin Booker, Phoenix Suns, SG, No. 13 pick
Scout's view: "The Suns will space the floor with him and run pick-and-rolls and kick the ball out to him. He will make shots, so I think he will play well in that system."

Mario Hezonja, Orlando Magic, SG, No. 5 pick
Scout's view: "He has great size for his position. His best feature is shooting 3-pointers. He's a lights-out shooter who is a 6-8 wing who is athletic."

Justise Winslow, Miami Heat, SF, No. 10 pick
Scout's view: "He's going to get an opportunity as a starter or as a high-minutes bench guy. He attacks the rim and will get to the foul line. He's a hustling defender."

jterrell

Penguinite
Reaction score

No, Dragic is a classic tweener type much like Wade. Dragic has averaged 4.5 APG for his career. His 5.1 APG with MIA isn't exactly a lot.
And with Wade's age both guys are pretty soft defensively. But it is a good scoring back court that can attack and space the floor.
Dragic was signed as a Wade replacement as an offensive scorer and creator.

MIA is not better than LeBron and the worst 4 CLE players. That's really the issue here. MIA has a returning Bosh who is an All-Star but no one else really at that level anymore.
Love and Kyrie are iron men compared to Wade. MIA need some of the young guys to markedly ascend or some old guys to have an unforeseen resurgence.
That is a possibility but it isn't very likely.

MIA is not a contender or elite team for sure.

jterrell

Penguinite
Reaction score

RonSpringsdaman20

Hold The Door!
Reaction score
It is so hard to keep winning teams together because of the way winning lifts every guy's value.

CLE is sneakily building a young core for a roster that carries to the end or near of LeBron's career.
Surprised just how young some of these guys actually are.

They'll probably lose Mosgcov at the end of the year, but Varejao, and Khaun should hold down the 5, not to mention Love & TT will see floor time together. First rounder Cedi Osman, who's a real talent at the SF is possibly 2 years away from coming over. Osman, Varejao, & Mosgcov are all trade chips as well if something goes wrong or is lacking.

Manwiththeplan

Reaction score
So should we just create a 2015-16 Spurs thread now, just to keep every NBA thread from being hijacked or are we gonna take the wait and see approach?