2015-2016 NBA Season Thread

burmafrd

Reaction score
I too hate the Rockets, always have. I hate the Rockets more than any other NBA team. I never really hated the Mavs until Dirk and Cuban.....and to mostly those dirty scumbags Najera and Terry. Of course I have a hatred for the Lakers and Celtics.....that is similar to the hatred the Cowboys and Yankees feel. I hated Utah for a long time cause of those scumbags Stockton and Malone (the dirtiest player in NBA history). I hated the Jordan Bulls, any team with LeBron, OKC, and any team with Chris Paul.

I am a Spurs fan since birth....but in the 80s and early 90s, I was a Pistons and Hawks fan as well. Isiah and Wilkins are two of my all-time favorite players. I was also a huge fan of Dumars, Laimbeer, Rodman, and Kevin Willis.

Now with Coach Bud with the Hawks, I root for them in the East. I will never be a Sixers fan, but I do root for Coach Brown to do well.

Malone the dirtiest player in NBA history? You clearly have not watched much of the NBA over the last 20 years or so then.

burmafrd

Reaction score
Bill Laimbeer
Larry Bird
Kevin Garnett

I would consider all three of them dirtier. Nuts- Jordan as well- especially how much HE was allowed to get away with.

Biggems

White and Nerdy
Reaction score
Malone the dirtiest player in NBA history? You clearly have not watched much of the NBA over the last 20 years or so then.

I have been watching the NBA all my life, but I only remember since the early 80s. Malone was a dirty filthy scumbag who would throw illegal and lethal elbows at the heads (the temple area) of opponents. He would also lift his knee or foot into the crotch area of defenders when shooting. His cohort, Stockton, would punch opponents in the crotch and then steal the ball.

I don't consider hard fouls to be all that dirty. I consider unethical plays to be dirty....crotch shots and elbows to the head are very unethical.

Bird wasn't dirty. Garnett was a punk who only stepped to smaller players (he was a bully). Laimbeer is considered a dirty player, as is Rodman, Bowen, and of course Najera.....

But no player that I have seen compares to Malone when it comes to being a dirty player. Also, no player was a bigger flopper than Malone.....not Rodman, Divac, Manu, Paul, Rivers, or Dirk.......and those players are and were great floppers.

burmafrd

Reaction score
I have been watching the NBA all my life, but I only remember since the early 80s. Malone was a dirty filthy scumbag who would throw illegal and lethal elbows at the heads (the temple area) of opponents. He would also lift his knee or foot into the crotch area of defenders when shooting. His cohort, Stockton, would punch opponents in the crotch and then steal the ball.

I don't consider hard fouls to be all that dirty. I consider unethical plays to be dirty....crotch shots and elbows to the head are very unethical.

Bird wasn't dirty. Garnett was a punk who only stepped to smaller players (he was a bully). Laimbeer is considered a dirty player, as is Rodman, Bowen, and of course Najera.....

But no player that I have seen compares to Malone when it comes to being a dirty player. Also, no player was a bigger flopper than Malone.....not Rodman, Divac, Manu, Paul, Rivers, or Dirk.......and those players are and were great floppers.

Wow your blindness to reality is awe inspiring.

RonSpringsdaman20

Hold The Door!
Reaction score
Pau Gasol is not a good defender. As Noah sits starring at free agency in 16. Bobby Portis can play, he deserves some minutes.

RunDMC

Reaction score
I love me some Steph Curry. Not just the shooting ability, but his play making ability which really has improved over the course of his career. Become a solid defender despite not having great lateral quickness. Does. A good job playing passing lanes. His handles, his ability to separate off the dribble, stop on a dime, the in and outs, the crossovers, the ball fakes, can pull up from 30 feet, step backs, great in pick and roll, and he's just a phenomenal, phenomenal basketball player.

RunDMC

Reaction score
So does anyone still think the Warriors were lucky? :lmao2:

They're still CLEARLY the team to beat.

bounce

Reaction score
Tecmo Bo Jackson thinks Steph Curry is playing at an unfair level.

RonSpringsdaman20

Hold The Door!
Reaction score

I think that quote was taken out of context.
every champion has a bit of luck on their side.... if curry goes down, no title, unlucky.
they were the best team left standing last year, no question... this year will be a bit different, but they have the opportunity to win again if they stay healthy and play with great chemistry.

RunDMC

Reaction score
Bradley Beal with the game winner against San Antonio. If this guy stays healthy he could be right up there with the likes of Thompson and even Harden at some juncture. Big fan of his. Washington could be a title threat if they had a competent coach.

Amy50632

Reaction score
Bradley Beal with the game winner against San Antonio. If this guy stays healthy he could be right up there with the likes of Thompson and even Harden at some juncture. Big fan of his. Washington could be a title threat if they had a competent coach.

Same with the Cowboys. We would of won a few games by now with a competent coach.

bounce

Reaction score

They were lucky in that they stayed healthy. That doesn't take away how good they are, but teams rarely make it through a season healthy, and they ran into a lot of injured teams. Their whole playoff run was against teams missing huge pieces. Jrue Holiday in R1, Conley in R2, Beverley in R3, Love/Irving in R4.

I don't think any team was beating them at full strength, anyway, but they had a lot of luck last year.

RonSpringsdaman20

Hold The Door!
Reaction score
Magic Is looking like a real team.
Gordon has to find his way into the lineup at some point (sorry tobias)
Evan Fournier is making himself a lot of money with his early season play...

RonSpringsdaman20

Hold The Door!
Reaction score
They were lucky in that they stayed healthy. That doesn't take away how good they are, but teams rarely make it through a season healthy, and they ran into a lot of injured teams. Their whole playoff run was against teams missing huge pieces. Jrue Holiday in R1, Conley in R2, Beverley in R3, Love/Irving in R4.

I don't think any team was beating them at full strength, anyway, but they had a lot of luck last year.
I agree with everything, save the last part.
I think the cavs full strength would have won... but we debated that last year, Ill let that dead horse lie.
Fact is... GSW deserved to win, and did... Curry is a great player. We are witnessing something special with him.

Kid is awesome to watch.