2015-2016 NBA Season Thread

Biggems

White and Nerdy
Reaction score
call me insensitive, but I could care less about what is happening to Odom. He brought all this upon himself with his foolish lifestyle. I have no sympathy for those who give into their addictions and lustful ways.

Biggems

White and Nerdy
Reaction score
I too hate the Rockets, always have. I hate the Rockets more than any other NBA team. I never really hated the Mavs until Dirk and Cuban.....and to mostly those dirty scumbags Najera and Terry. Of course I have a hatred for the Lakers and Celtics.....that is similar to the hatred the Cowboys and Yankees feel. I hated Utah for a long time cause of those scumbags Stockton and Malone (the dirtiest player in NBA history). I hated the Jordan Bulls, any team with LeBron, OKC, and any team with Chris Paul.

I am a Spurs fan since birth....but in the 80s and early 90s, I was a Pistons and Hawks fan as well. Isiah and Wilkins are two of my all-time favorite players. I was also a huge fan of Dumars, Laimbeer, Rodman, and Kevin Willis.

Now with Coach Bud with the Hawks, I root for them in the East. I will never be a Sixers fan, but I do root for Coach Brown to do well.

RonSpringsdaman20

Hold The Door!
Reaction score
I too hate the Rockets, always have. I hate the Rockets more than any other NBA team. I never really hated the Mavs until Dirk and Cuban.....and to mostly those dirty scumbags Najera and Terry. Of course I have a hatred for the Lakers and Celtics.....that is similar to the hatred the Cowboys and Yankees feel. I hated Utah for a long time cause of those scumbags Stockton and Malone (the dirtiest player in NBA history). I hated the Jordan Bulls, any team with LeBron, OKC, and any team with Chris Paul.

I am a Spurs fan since birth....but in the 80s and early 90s, I was a Pistons and Hawks fan as well. Isiah and Wilkins are two of my all-time favorite players. I was also a huge fan of Dumars, Laimbeer, Rodman, and Kevin Willis.

Now with Coach Bud with the Hawks, I root for them in the East. I will never be a Sixers fan, but I do root for Coach Brown to do well.

that's ALOT of hate Biggems!

bounce

Reaction score
call me insensitive, but I could care less about what is happening to Odom. He brought all this upon himself with his foolish lifestyle. I have no sympathy for those who give into their addictions and lu****l ways.

You don't have to have sympathy - but the guy has had a really tough road. Surrounded by a lot of death and sadness. It's not hard to have sympathy for a man's situation, while still not condoning the lifestyle.

RonSpringsdaman20

Hold The Door!
Reaction score
Opening Season....
Pistons have a solid team with good floor balance.....

Stephen Curry is the best offensive player in the NBA IMO.... Has a chance to be the best shooter the league has every seen.

RunDMC

Reaction score
San Antonio/OKC is gonna be a hell of a game. Both rosters are vastly improved. Both are legit title contenders. The Thunder finally have someone they can throw the ball in the post and get them a bucket. Bench is improved. They have excellent defensive personnel. Kevin Durant is back and they damn near made the playoffs with him missing 2/3 of the season.

Lakers/Timberwolves will be interesting too. Two similar teams. Lots of young talent and two aging former stars in Garnett and Bryant who are now having to play different roles then they've been accustomed too. Minnesota will definitely be playing inspired and with heavy hearts.

RunDMC

Reaction score

So you're like me. Basically hate anyone in football not named the Dallas Cowboys! Except for basketball of course.

RunDMC

Reaction score
You don't have to have sympathy - but the guy has had a really tough road. Surrounded by a lot of death and sadness. It's not hard to have sympathy for a man's situation, while still not condoning the lifestyle.

Yeah to me in this situation you pray for the man and that he gets better.

I pray for Lamar. Based on what I've heard from his teammates and always being a big fan of his was always a great guy, terrific player, and just hope he improves and gets rehabilitated.

Biggems

White and Nerdy
Reaction score
So you're like me. Basically hate anyone in football not named the Dallas Cowboys! Except for basketball of course.

I don't like any NFC teams, except Dallas......

I don't hate the Chiefs, and before they left for Baltimore, I liked the Browns (I can't seem to get behind the new Browns). I liked Seattle when they were in the AFC West. I liked the Colts when they had Peyton. I liked the Titans when Vince was their QB.

Now, back to basketball.............GO SPURS GO

RunDMC

Reaction score
Leonard looks like he's about to make the jump from All Star caliber player to superstar.

RunDMC

Reaction score
The Lakers are still a basketball atrocity.

Coughed up a 16 point lead to the freaking Timberwolves.

Kobe jacking it up like it's 2010.

Russell their #1 pick was relegated to essentially being a spot up shooter.

They had a 6"6 Brandon Bass as their backup center.

Ryan Kelly is not an NBA player.

No semblance of an offensive system or a defensive scheme.

They stink.

jterrell

Penguinite
Reaction score
Watched most of Thunder/Spurs and that was a great game. So much talent on those two teams.
The Thunder have a real coach now and will be a problem. Offense was far better than anything the last 5 years where crunchtime was all ISO plays.
The Spurs are going to be really good again but they need someone who can guard a 1/2 other than Kawhi. And not having a true back up Center is going to hurt at times. Sooo much talent at the 3/4 but not sure they are that well built at C/PG now which are the key spots.

Watched all of Mavs/Suns and it was a solid contest for a half. Suns didn't show up in the 3rd and it was over.
Dallas was very good on offense with all the passing. DWill, JJB, Zaza and Dirk were all better passers than any Sun.
That's why the Suns will miss the playoffs again.

Saw about 1/3 of Lakers/Wolves. Two young teams that will be building but inconsistent all year. Some fun play but also some really poor decisions at times.

bounce

Reaction score
Watched most of Thunder/Spurs and that was a great game. So much talent on those two teams.
The Thunder have a real coach now and will be a problem. Offense was far better than anything the last 5 years where crunchtime was all ISO plays.
The Spurs are going to be really good again but they need someone who can guard a 1/2 other than Kawhi. And not having a true back up Center is going to hurt at times. Sooo much talent at the 3/4 but not sure they are that well built at C/PG now which are the key spots.

The Thunder are going to be really good. Even though it's the RW/KD show, they have a bunch of other guys who can legit score in Waiters, Kanter and Ibaka. Roberson looks like a good wing defender, and Augustin should give Westbrook some rest. A legit 8 man rotation with no real weak spots.

I think Pop needs a little time to tinker with the in-game rotations with these new guys. I could see them at about .500 for the first month or so, and then they'll just go on a run and finish anywhere 1-4 in the West, and then look out. Kawhi is set to take the step to franchise guy. He and LA will be a hell of a punch for the next few years. He's way more aggressive than in years past, and he's creating his own shot a lot. Love this team. A W would have been nice, but no biggie.

jterrell

Penguinite
Reaction score
The Thunder are going to be really good. Even though it's the RW/KD show, they have a bunch of other guys who can legit score in Waiters, Kanter and Ibaka. Roberson looks like a good wing defender, and Augustin should give Westbrook some rest. A legit 8 man rotation with no real weak spots.

I think Pop needs a little time to tinker with the in-game rotations with these new guys. I could see them at about .500 for the first month or so, and then they'll just go on a run and finish anywhere 1-4 in the West, and then look out. Kawhi is set to take the step to franchise guy. He and LA will be a hell of a punch for the next few years. He's way more aggressive than in years past, and he's creating his own shot a lot. Love this team. A W would have been nice, but no biggie.

No team that goes .500 for a month in the West has a chance at a top 3 seed. That's just the reality of this conference.
I like the Spurs players but it is a very un-San Antonio team in that for once the talent is greater than the sum of the parts. I do think they finish 3/4 in the west but I think talent carries them that far and no higher. All that said Pop is always an X factor. He just has to show me he can figure out how to guard CP3/RW/Harden/Curry/Klay with what he has. They've slowly moved to being an offensive team in SA over the past couple seasons but last night was first time they seemed helpless defensively in the 4th Q with their full roster. Might need to see SA make a trade or two in season for once.
Kawhi is definitely ready for stardom.

Vintage

The Cult of Jib
Reaction score
I am interested to see what Skiles does in Orlando. Thought that was an excellent pairing. Still think they are a year away from the playoffs, but I think they are headed in the right direction.

Okafor looked like I expected. Polished for a big man on the offensive end.

WCS will never be an offensive weapon .But I can't help but root for him to succeed. There is something about these types of players that I've always loved. Which is why I was so high on Tyson Chandler when he entered the draft. Hope WCS has a similar career. But Sacramento is a mess.

Mudiay turned the ball over a bunch. Admittedly, I didn't see the game... But I am curious to see how he does. I think he ends up having a better career than D'Angelo.

For my Bulls....

It's good to see Noah and Gasol not starting alongside one another. It didn't work. Mirotic is looking like he is ready to take another step forward. Still pump fakes too much, but is more confident in letting it fly. Defensively, looks less lost in help situations. Still a work in progress. Interesting that Butler was the primary ball handler down the stretch against NJ. I think Butler - Mirotic PnR or PnP will be quite the task to defend. Gasol looks lost, offensively, so far. Aaron Brooks is still Aaron Brooks. He's either hitting shots and provides instant offense or he's an extreme negative on the court. Is he aware that he is allowed to drive, collapse and then kick the ball out?