Twitter: 2016 Draft Derek Henry & Zeke

QuincyCarterEra

Reaction score
it does EE with all these extra carries still has a better YPC avg.. thats impressive 5 more career rushing TDs.. I mean whats ever it is you are thinking its not..zeke can handle the carries and still maintain a great avg..

IT ALL MATTERS..and zeke comes out on top in all categories as he should the comps have to stop trying to marginalize his standing and devalue him is insane,, hes our RB for along time get used to it.. ripping your own players to fit a personal vendetta and trying to make moot point that changes nothing is just waste of time..

You must have misread, DH had better ypc average.

I won't dive into the rest of it, since there's very little substance in there.

Toruk_Makto

Reaction score
There have been very few talents that are at Moss level. It would be easy to argue against almost every other HOF level player if we are using this high of a bar to determine generational talent....Barry Sanders or Emmitt? Nah. JJ Watt or Mack? Nah.
Of course this is only using the measurable talents and forces us to ignore the main talent that all these guys must possess to play at such a high level. That is instincts, drive, brain ect. The non measurable
Generational talent by definition means we should see that type of player once in a "generation."

Zeke is in the prime of his career and isn't better than his division rival.

QuincyCarterEra

Reaction score
Yeah LT at the start of AP's career

And then CJ2K for a couple of years there around 09-10.

AP was clearly the best for about three years there from 11-13.

2008 as well for AP.

Wow, bringing up all these insane backs highlights how far away Zeke is from generational.

Toruk_Makto

Reaction score
It's pretty simply to deduce that when you are being handed the ball 300-plus times, defensive coordinators' No. 1 goal is to stop you. When you are being handed the ball 100 times less, then some of the focus of the defense is taken off you. If Henry was being fed the ball as much as Zeke then teams would be cheating toward the run more, like they do with us ... which is what has made our play-action so effective.

I know that you have it out for Elliott, but I've always considered you reasonable enough to acknowledge when data has holes in it. It's fair to look at the last 500 carries as long as we don't cast aside the possible factors that tell the rest of the story.
So your argument is when Henry was on the field especially early on in his career when he wasn't catching passes that defenses were so wowed by the other titans talent on the field that they just ignored the big rumbling rb?

That's your argument? Especially when he played the run downs? Really?

QuincyCarterEra

Reaction score
Again one has a rushing title and one doesn’t in those 500 carries, so how does that absolutely not contradict that? I’m a big fan of Henry’s and wanted him or Zeke so I’m not gonna trash Henry unlike you who trashes Zeke at every turn.

Again, rushing title has absolutely zero correlation to using a players first 500 or last 500 carries as a better representation of current level of play. And as was said, you give Henry that volume he wins the rushing title over Zeke.

Are you even understanding what you are typing?

blueblood70

Reaction score
You must have misread, DH had better ypc average.

I won't dive into the rest of it, since there's very little substance in there.
NOT FOR THEIR CAREER I just showed it.. you cant use stats that suit your needs and this year Zeke has better YPC avg so far.. you use ALL the stats from game 1 2016 to now Zeke stats ALL better..you must have glossed over that.. noone gets to take partial stats that suit a narrative..

superonyx

Reaction score
We can measure the production of players. And compare. A consensus top back should shine there right?

You know Charles Barkley.... Hall of gamer... Phil Jackson... Hall of famer.... Each has chastised the analytics community and insulted the "nerds" who use stats and don't just "know the game."

They're wrong to assume you can just eye test it no different than you're wrong now.

If you can't point to anything but volume and our offensive line that makes Zeke Elliot then wow.
You have a huge opinion of yourself for someone how is most likely an overweight middle aged man who never played or coached at a level worth mentioning.

Until you can prove why your opinion is more valuable than a guy like say.Eric Dickerson then I’m going to choose to listen to the Hall of Famer over anonymous internet guy hiding behind a Pic from the lion king.

is that weird? Does this make me weird?

superonyx

Reaction score
Generational talent by definition means we should see that type of player once in a "generation."

Zeke is in the prime of his career and isn't better than his division rival.
I didn’t use generational talent in reference to Zeke..or anyone.

so Saquon Barkley is better than Zeke now? So what? Great for Barkley. It doesn’t lessen Zeke or his value to my favorite team does it?

QuincyCarterEra

Reaction score
NOT FOR THEIR CAREER I just showed it.. you cant use stats that suit your needs and this year Zeke has better YPC avg so far.. you use ALL the stats from game 1 2016 to now Zeke stats ALL better..you must have glossed over that.. noone gets to take partial stats that suit a narrative..

We aren't talking about their career, that's not the subject.

I would hope Zeke's YPC would be higher for his career since he played behind the best Oline assembled since the turn of the century his rookie year. You take out that year? His YPC is lower than Henry's, despite Henry facing wayyy more stacked boxes and playing behind a worse OL. Hell Zeke averaged 4.1 ypc for his entire 2017 season, that's replacement level efficiency.

When talking about a player's current level of play you don't have to use "ALL the stats from game 1". Unless you think Demaryius Thomas is currently better than Michael Thomas

And no not all of Zeke's stats are better thanHenry's. Not even close. Henry demolishes Zeke in TDs per touch. Zeke only has 5 more rushing TDs on almost twice as many rushes. That's bad.

CowboyStar88

Reaction score
Again, rushing title has absolutely zero correlation to using a players first 500 or last 500 carries as a better representation of current level of play. And as was said, you give Henry that volume he wins the rushing title over Zeke.

I’m understanding exactly what I’m typing.

jrumann59

Reaction score
Following the logic on this thread by some, Henry if given the volume most front line runners are given he would break most if not all rushing records. The question is why is he not the focal point of his offense even with a mediocre QB.

This is the Troy Hambrick vs Emmitt Smith argument.

keysersoze

Reaction score
Following the logic on this thread by some, Henry if given the volume most front line runners are given he would break most if not all rushing records. The question is why is he not the focal point of his offense even with a mediocre QB.

This is the Troy Hambrick vs Emmitt Smith argument.
:hammer:

blueblood70

Reaction score

NO HE DOESNT Zeke has a better Career YPC..it shows Zeke no matter 18 carrier or 25 his YPC do not suffer..YPC Zeke career leads henry This season already leads Henry.. YPC is the stat..

again dismissing your own player by nit picking stats for no reason but to argue and debate one draft that was over 3 years ago and two whether he should have got paid, but he DID..its over MOVE ON..

I never in my life seen so many fans that use other teams players to rtry and knock down their own.. its insanity.. bunch of tools

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
Henry has only 210 yards rushing this season. In three seasons he’s only had one 1000 yard rushing season. He’s not a back you can build your offense around and he certainly hasn’t helped the Titans win many games.