Twitter: 2016 Draft Derek Henry & Zeke

phildadon86

Reaction score
If not for holding Zeke out of the lineup in his rookie season. Zeke most likely would have went on to beat Dickerson's rookie rushing record. And the OP wants to say Henry is better.....Right.

cern

Reaction score
Bottom line is that Zeke is a major part of us having 3 consecutive winning seasons with two NFC East championships with 2 NFL rushing titles of his own. If not for his 6 game suspension he would’ve most likely had 3 in a row. Zeke is perfect for what we need and do. He’s perfect for the current Cowboys team. That’s all that matters. All these fantasy football stats are irrelevant to what we are trying to accomplish as a team. To suggest Henry, Barkley or any other back would be better for us is ludicrous and pure biased speculation at best.
where have you been?

stilltheguru

Reaction score
I had henry in fantasy last year. Screw him. All his production came post week 10 after i cut him. He was trash. I hate stats being the end all be all

Jarv

Loud pipes saves lives.
Reaction score
Henry was unstoppable inside the 5-yd line last year, Zeke was terrible. That's the difference.
How many attempts did each have last year inside the 5? Assuming you are say Henry had better success on the some amount of tries?

Aviano90

Go Seahawks!!!
Reaction score
Henry has faced the highest % of 8+ men boxes in the entire league since entering the league. "You dont play eight men in the box against Henry as much...." Yes you do, apparently.

Thinking that D's focus in on Zeke more than every other RB is flawed logic that is not at all aligned with reality
Since putting players in ideal scenarios to bolster their performance is done with other players, I'd like to see what Henry could do if he played with a better QB and with a receiver worthy of commanding extra attention. Henry has faced a ton of stacked boxes, which enables him to hit some home runs when he breaks through them. Zeke needs to take advantage of his stacked boxes like that sometimes too.

keysersoze

Reaction score
Since putting players in ideal scenarios to bolster their performance is done with other players, I'd like to see what Henry could do if he played with a better QB and with a receiver worthy of commanding extra attention. Henry has faced a ton of stacked boxes, which enables him to hit some home runs when he breaks through them.
Yep. These fantasy football geeks never take that into account though.

starfan1

Reaction score
If not for holding Zeke out of the lineup in his rookie season. Zeke most likely would have went on to beat Dickerson's rookie rushing record. And the OP wants to say Henry is better.....Right.
i dont think I saw anyone say better.I think the sentiment is with this line and playmakers the differences aint that dramatic

Toruk_Makto

Reaction score
Henry had less than half of Tennessee's carries last season (215 of 456). He caught 15 of their 293 receptions.

Yes, you focus on that player much less than you focus on one who has three-fourths of his team's carries (304 of 439) and 77 of 356 receptions.

The Titans had nearly 1,000 yards rushing (1,059 of 2,027) beyond what Henry provided. Dallas had about 500 (1,434 of 1,963).

Defensive coordinators prioritize the players they need to stop. You can't tell me that based on those numbers, Elliott wasn't a higher priority when facing Dallas than Henry was when facing the Titans. You don't play eight in the box against Henry as much when so much of the offense (1,158 from Henry of 5,002 yards compared to 2,001 from Elliott of 5,501) is coming from elsewhere. You study him on film, plan to stop him, etc., but no, he doesn't become the focal point.
Henry faced 8+ defenders in the box on 32.09% of his carries. Zeke faced that kind of attention on 24.67%

Next.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
Henry has only one season of 200 or more carries. He’s not a productive workhorse and it’s putting games on Mariota who’s losing confidence by the week. Anyone who’s trying to spin we would be just as good with Henry better think again.

cern

Reaction score
Henry has only one season of 200 or more carries. He’s not a productive workhorse and it’s putting games on Mariota who’s losing confidence by the week. Anyone who’s trying to spin we would be just as good with Henry better think again.
last night bore that out painfully.

Toruk_Makto

Reaction score
You have a huge opinion of yourself for someone how is most likely an overweight middle aged man who never played or coached at a level worth mentioning.

Until you can prove why your opinion is more valuable than a guy like say.Eric Dickerson then I’m going to choose to listen to the Hall of Famer over anonymous internet guy hiding behind a Pic from the lion king.

is that weird? Does this make me weird?
LOL

I guess 33 is middle aged. Overweight? Whiff.

But yeah I do have a high opinion of myself (if I don't who will?) I've achieved more than my fair share.

What does any of this have to do with the fact that Henry has been better than zeke running the ball over their last 500 carries and did it for 1/5th the salary....and that's before you get to Zeke's extension.

Nothing right? Let's stick to the topic at hand and leave the insults to children. Mkay?

phildadon86

Reaction score
Henry faced 8+ defenders in the box on 32.09% of his carries. Zeke faced that kind of attention on 24.67%

Next.
Did Henry come within striking distance of the rookie rushing record? No? Didnt think so. If not for sitting Zeke in 2016, Zeke would have beat the record. So please. We get it. You hate Zeke, anyone can run behind this line, Ramsey is your cousin. Cool. Your incessant need to point out "stats" trying to prove Zeke is no good is beyond annoying and is clearly showing everyone here your agenda. Let it go.

ChronicCowboy

Reaction score
LOL

I guess 33 is middle aged. Overweight? Whiff.

But yeah I do have a high opinion of myself (if I don't who will?) I've achieved more than my fair share.

What does any of this have to do with the fact that Henry has been better than zeke running the ball over their last 500 carries and did it for 1/5th the salary....and that's before you get to Zeke's extension.

Nothing right? Let's stick to the topic at hand and leave the insults to children. Mkay?

So what you’re saying is you think Zeke is better but Henry provides more value? Is it your money?

keysersoze

Reaction score
This is what these young fantasy football geeks and Madden Game enthusiasts fail to miss. Barkley and Henry have big runs here and there. But neither has proven to be a consistent grinder who the team can lean on to close out games, move the chains and milk the clock. And neither the Giants or Titans have had the success we have had in these past 3 seasons. That in itself makes Zeke more valuable in my opinion.