2016 QB I wanted us to Draft

kskboys

Reaction score
I wouldn't have minded us drafting him. In the 5th where he belonged!!!

TheCoolFan

Reaction score
He just never had it, even going back to college. All the physical tools but just could not play QB at a high level

plymkr

Reaction score
Wasn't he traded? not released?
He could have been. I just know the Jets got rid of him. I was totally drinking the Kool Aid on this guy. I bought in to the overhype of him. I was ticked when we didn't draft him and then we got Dak. It made me laugh when I saw the Jets got rid of him. My first thought was "well that's why they(Jones and Mckay) are in football and I write on message boards ".

I'm so glad we drafted Dak.

JustChip

Reaction score
Wasnt a fan, but I dont blame you. Tons of talent and probably the most physically gifted QB in that class

Im in the same boat with Lynch, though. Championed him pretty hard

What this shows is that the draft, particularly in regards to QBs, is a crap-shoot. There are zero guarantees. That's why I would never give up the farm to move up to draft a QB #1.

plymkr

Reaction score
What this shows is that the draft, particularly in regards to QBs, is a crap-shoot. There are zero guarantees. That's why I would never give up the farm to move up to draft a QB #1.
Yeah, picking a QB high is like high stakes gambling. either you win big or you lose big. Drafts are a crap-shoot and the QB's in the draft are the riskiest players. You hit on a QB and you're set for a good couple years maybe a decade. A huge trade for a QB that is a bust and wow, that can set your franchise back years. I'm glad we got Dak without he trading so if he's not a franchise QB ( I think he is) then we didn't lose anything besides time getting him. We still had picks to solidify the rest of the roster.

I'm also glad we got White this year. I can't wait to see him in TC. And we got Cooper. If it my imagination or is Dallas getting better at picking QB's? Gone are the days of Client Stoerner, Stephen McGee, Quincy Carter. I got more faith in White then any of those guys combined.

kskboys

Reaction score
Yeah, now turn it around. Problem is, if you don't have a QB, you got nothing.

And Hackenburg was not that highly regarded. Most were shocked that he went in the 2nd.

kskboys

Reaction score
Yeah, picking a QB high is like high stakes gambling. either you win big or you lose big. Drafts are a crap-shoot and the QB's in the draft are the riskiest players. You hit on a QB and you're set for a good couple years maybe a decade. A huge trade for a QB that is a bust and wow, that can set your franchise back years. I'm glad we got Dak without he trading so if he's not a franchise QB ( I think he is) then we didn't lose anything besides time getting him. We still had picks to solidify the rest of the roster.

I'm also glad we got White this year. I can't wait to see him in TC. And we got Cooper. If it my imagination or is Dallas getting better at picking QB's? Gone are the days of Client Stoerner, Stephen McGee, Quincy Carter. I got more faith in White then any of those guys combined.
McGee was a good pick that didn't work out. 4th round is where you take shots at guys like him who are highly athletic, good arm, but mental aspect unknown.

JustChip

Reaction score
Yeah, now turn it around. Problem is, if you don't have a QB, you got nothing.

And Hackenburg was not that highly regarded. Most were shocked that he went in the 2nd.

True. But I'm still not giving up the farm to draft one #1 or #2.

Yep, wasn't Hack the QB who's leadership qualities were questioned after he slammed his coach? That should've been a big red flag for anyone.

kskboys

Reaction score
True. But I'm still not giving up the farm to draft one #1 or #2.

Yep, wasn't Hack the QB who's leadership qualities were questioned after he slammed his coach? That should've been a big red flag for anyone.
It really depends on the prospect. If an Andrew Luck is there, you give up whatever. If it's some dude who can run but is a subpar passer, RGIII for example, no way.

There are prospects worth giving up the farm for, like Wentz, but due to extreme need, most team evaluate poorly and end up w/ strongarmed mental midgets or fleet of footers who should be playing WR.

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
McGee was a good pick that didn't work out. 4th round is where you take shots at guys like him who are highly athletic, good arm, but mental aspect unknown.
McGee had good ability; however, after listening to an interview with him back then, it seemed obvious he didn't have "it".

Biggems

White and Nerdy
Reaction score
Christian Hackenberg was released by the Jets. He was a guy I wanted us to draft in 2016. Whew, shows you what I know. I'm glad we got Dak.
I wanted no part of him. I saw him play a handful of times and was thankful I am not a PSU fan......and that is coming from a Horns homer, where our QB play has been beyond putrid since Colt left.