2017-18 NBA Season

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Looks like it'll be CLE versus either GSW or HOU.

LAL, much better and competitive but still on 11 wins is rough.
My Mavs are mostly unwatchable trash and have 10. Nice draftees to look forward to but they'll be good around 2022. Yuck.

Philly and the process is still under .500% and outside the playoffs at this time even with a mostly healthy Embiid.
I tell you guys, losing is a cancer that spreads.

You gotta cut that crap out and obliterate it.
As far as the Lakers, thats the thing with young teams even when they are just starting to come around. They cant win games. They can be competitive, even against the best teams. But they won't be able to close. The WC is also very daunting for them. A much better team then the EC bottom dwellers, but very good chance they finish below them in the standings due to playing in the WC

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
James Harden really really embarrassed himself last night.

Even though it was a flop, that last offensive foul was just brutal. He was pretty much waving to the officials to watch him for contact. He didnt really hide that fact that Smart was getting to him

Tabascocat

Dexternjack
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
James Harden really really embarrassed himself last night.

Even though it was a flop, that last offensive foul was just brutal. He was pretty much waving to the officials to watch him for contact. He didnt really hide that fact that Smart was getting to him

I wanted him traded after last season. The guy is the ultimate "me" type player who disappears in the playoffs. Several games already this season, he looks disinterested and loafs up the court. Guys know to come up from behind to steal the ball.

I hate his overuse of three-point shooting, which is also a team problem, when not needed. Last night, up by 26, they still jack them up without using the shot clock. They deserved to blow it, stupid basketball.

Like I said earlier, a fun team to watch when all things are clicking but they will lose in round 1 or 2 again, book it. As flashy as Harden is, I can't stand his game and would rather have Paul leading them but he can't stay on the court.

The Rockets are mostly pigs dressed in lipstick and their style isn't sustainable in the playoffs, that has been proven.

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
I wanted him traded after last season. The guy is the ultimate "me" type player who disappears in the playoffs. Several games already this season, he looks disinterested and loafs up the court. Guys know to come up from behind to steal the ball.

I hate his overuse of three-point shooting, which is also a team problem, when not needed. Last night, up by 26, they still jack them up without using the shot clock. They deserved to blow it, stupid basketball.

Like I said earlier, a fun team to watch when all things are clicking but they will lose in round 1 or 2 again, book it. As flashy as Harden is, I can't stand his game and would rather have Paul leading them but he can't stay on the court.

The Rockets are mostly pigs dressed in lipstick and their style isn't sustainable in the playoffs, that has been proven.
30 foot 3 pointers the last few minutes of the game. Not smart ball.

Harden just cant be an alpha dog on a championship team IMO. His skill set is so diverse offensively that he fits with anyone. How he needs someone the team is going to rely on more than. That should be Paul right now, but I haven't followed the Rockets to know if it is

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
If the season ended to today, the Lakers pick ( 2-5) would have a slightly over 80% chance of conveying.

ghst187

Reaction score
Watch out, thunder finding their groove together. Ferguson rounds into a fifth scorer and defensive threat they will be really hard to beat. Melo embracing a catch and shoot role is the right thing for he and the team. Melo often going one on one has never worked for any team he's played for. Despite a disastrous start they are still sitting at the fifth spot in the west. Even if they don't win the west, they are becoming fun to watch again and will undoubtedly alter the west this year.

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
I enjoy watching Russell Westbrook fail after whatever success he’s seeking.
I think Westbrook is destined to a 4th/5th/6th seed kind of player for the duration of his prime. He isnt an efficient enough scorer to have the usage he is going to demand on any real contender

CalPolyTechnique

Reaction score
Lavar Ball saying Lakers dont want to play for Walton.

What a **** show the Balls are

I'm not a believer in Lonzo Ball talent/upside, so if I was the Lakers' GM I'd be so tempted to trade Ball to some team like the Jazz or Memphis just to spite his dad.

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
I'm not a believer in Lonzo Ball talent/upside, so if I was the Lakers' GM I'd be so tempted to trade Ball to some team like the Jazz or Memphis just to spite his dad.
I think if we do get Lebron, Ball is out. I dont see much if any value to Ball playing off the Ball. If they land Lebron and Cousins or George, I could see them packaging Ball and Ingram for another major peice

Shinaoi

Reaction score
Why anyone would want to deal with the ball family is beyond me. They’re not good enough to put up with that kind of nonsense. His latest comments are borderline sabotaging a franchise by undermining the coach and the system. And I guarantee it won’t be the last time or the tamest thing he’ll say to undermine a coach.

John813

Reaction score
Why anyone would want to deal with the ball family is beyond me. They’re not good enough to put up with that kind of nonsense. His latest comments are borderline sabotaging a franchise by undermining the coach and the system. And I guarantee it won’t be the last time or the tamest thing he’ll say to undermine a coach.

I agree. Lonzo is the only NBA worthy one, and TBH, I don't see him as a lock to be a stud in the league. Needs some work and I'm not sure how strong his commitment is when he has his loud mouth dad overrating all his sons.

Sarek

Povar
Reaction score
Lakers have been very disappointing lately. Earlier in the season i wasn't sure about how aggressive they should be in FA during the off season, now i pretty much on board with trying to get as much help as they can get from FA.

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Lakers have been very disappointing lately. Earlier in the season i wasn't sure about how aggressive they should be in FA during the off season, now i pretty much on board with trying to get as much help as they can get from FA.
They may have to pretty much overhaul the roster if they go big in FA. Lebron is going to want a legit title contender, and that will mean him and two other max's to contend with the Warriors. Out of the three prospects they have, they will likely have to trade two to get that 3rd championship caliber player. One of them being Ingram. Probably be Ingram and Ball.

Sarek

Povar
Reaction score
They may have to pretty much overhaul the roster if they go big in FA. Lebron is going to want a legit title contender, and that will mean him and two other max's to contend with the Warriors. Out of the three prospects they have, they will likely have to trade two to get that 3rd championship caliber player. One of them being Ingram. Probably be Ingram and Ball.
I was hoping Ingram could develop into a #1, that seems unlikely to me. I'm down with trading anyone if it results in competing for and winning titles. I didn't think the Lakers would be in the gutter this long, i knew it was going to take a while to recover but it's getting ridiculous.

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
I was hoping Ingram could develop into a #1, that seems unlikely to me. I'm down with trading anyone if it results in competing for and winning titles. I didn't think the Lakers would be in the gutter this long, i knew it was going to take a while to recover but it's getting ridiculous.
Ultimately Ingram could be a #1. He just wont be able to be a #1 on a winning team for a few years. I just don't see how him and Ball would fit in on a team that adds two maxes ( if they can) and would expect to chase a title in 2019. The big guys the Lakers are going to pursue are going to want to know they can make a deep playoff run. If Lebron is one them, he needs to know they will be a serious title contender.

Sarek

Povar
Reaction score
Kings vs Lakers
Tuesday, Jan. 9, 2018 • 10:30 PM ET
Staples Center • Los Angeles, CA
National: NBA TV

Would be nice if the Lakers started putting together some wins now.

Sarek

Povar
Reaction score
Ingram starting off this game like hes a future #1, and than sometimes he just disappears. :banghead: