2017-2018 NHL season

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trouty

Kellen Moore baby
Reaction score
They've got coaching. I think their success depends heavily on Fleury. Fleury can be streaky, but he was very good in round1. Vegas offence was one of the better offence's in the regular season. But I certainly understand your point about the Kings...and Carter went cold in the playoffs. I agree, the Sharks will be a handful. At this point, I think any of the Western conference teams could get to the finals. Winnipeg was impressive in round 1 as well. I'm sticking with Pittsburgh to win it all. Hard for mr to bet against a Crosby led team, especially as well as he is playing...not only him, what about Guetzal, he was impressive in round 1. Love the Stanley Cup Playoffs.
Yeah, the Pens are too damn deep at C. I think TB and NSH are the best bets to knock them out. WPG is too young, they're a year or two away. BOS is interesting, and they have great young talent there, too. Plus Bergeron. Pastrnak is incredible.

Fleury is pretty much all Vegas has going forward. And I completely agree about Gallant, he is a really good coach. It's a shame he's not coaching the Kings. It should have been him hired rather than Stevens. It was a bummer seeing our team play the way they did. Carter was still hurt, Muzzin was playing with a separated shoulder that had him miss games 1-3, Lewis was still hurt. Still, no excuse, we were destroyed by the Vegas forecheck. Kings need to shore up their forwards. We have too many defenseman, trade one plus a complacent player for a winger for Kopitar. And Lord willing we get Voynov back

lukin2006

Reaction score
Yeah, the Pens are too damn deep at C. I think TB and NSH are the best bets to knock them out. WPG is too young, they're a year or two away. BOS is interesting, and they have great young talent there, too. Plus Bergeron. Pastrnak is incredible.

Fleury is pretty much all Vegas has going forward. And I completely agree about Gallant, he is a really good coach. It's a shame he's not coaching the Kings. It should have been him hired rather than Stevens. It was a bummer seeing our team play the way they did. Carter was still hurt, Muzzin was playing with a separated shoulder that had him miss games 1-3, Lewis was still hurt. Still, no excuse, we were destroyed by the Vegas forecheck. Kings need to shore up their forwards. We have too many defenseman, trade one plus a complacent player for a winger for Kopitar. And Lord willing we get Voynov back

Trouty, the kings also made a strong push in the last month to get in, am I correct? If that is the case sometimes those teams that have to really push to get in just lose their touch in the playoffs. Same theory I've always held regarding why president trophy winners don't usually win the cup, they expend to much energy finishing first overall. In many ways that why I like Pittsburgh, they made a strong push in the middle of the season to get into a playoff spot, and once they were comfortable they just played consistent hockey until the playoffs, they never seemed concerned with catching Washington. Boston is my Dad's pick, Toronto forced Boston to game 7 in round 1 the last time they won the cup...maybe a sign? A lot of folks around here want Tampa, lots of wings fans root for Yzerman's success in Tampa.

I get you and those Kings injuries, injuries suck. The Kings need to take advantage of Quick before he is past his prime. That's what partly derailed Montreal, and poor trading. Of course if the ball fall for them on Saturday they could end up with Dahlin. If not Dalhlin, they should aim for Brady Tkachuk. And to me if Montreal can not get either one of those guys, then I think they should look at trading their pick and stockpile picks.

Trouty

Kellen Moore baby
Reaction score
Trouty, the kings also made a strong push in the last month to get in, am I correct? If that is the case sometimes those teams that have to really push to get in just lose their touch in the playoffs. Same theory I've always held regarding why president trophy winners don't usually win the cup, they expend to much energy finishing first overall. In many ways that why I like Pittsburgh, they made a strong push in the middle of the season to get into a playoff spot, and once they were comfortable they just played consistent hockey until the playoffs, they never seemed concerned with catching Washington. Boston is my Dad's pick, Toronto forced Boston to game 7 in round 1 the last time they won the cup...maybe a sign? A lot of folks around here want Tampa, lots of wings fans root for Yzerman's success in Tampa.

I get you and those Kings injuries, injuries suck. The Kings need to take advantage of Quick before he is past his prime. That's what partly derailed Montreal, and poor trading. Of course if the ball fall for them on Saturday they could end up with Dahlin. If not Dalhlin, they should aim for Brady Tkachuk. And to me if Montreal can not get either one of those guys, then I think they should look at trading their pick and stockpile picks.
We had a push that kinda fizzled right before the playoffs began. It was driven by Carter, who couldn't skate but still had his shot. He scored something like 16 goals after he came back. We lack fwd depth, and some of the players from the Cup years are complacent. They're fine being one-and-done now, they've won. Not Quick, he was brilliant. Yes, we need to get him a team that wants to give it their all like he does every night. Blake needs to shake things up. Send a message. But after Drew is re-signed LOL :)

You're that high on Brady, ey? I've heard some rumbles that he may not be worth a top 5-10 pick, but this was also a month or so ago, and he may have done something since then. Still, I always had the feeling he was overhyped. His brother is a fantastic player, obviously.

NSH is my pick this year. That defense is sensational, maybe all-time great if they can pull it all together and win a cup or two. I want Subban to take the Cup to that hospital he donated money to. The Habs FO is a joke, Lukin. I feel bad for Habs and Ottawa fans.

MRV52

rat2k8
Reaction score

Winnipeg is ready now Trouty. :D

Trouty

Kellen Moore baby
Reaction score
Fleury has to be elite if Vegas is to win this series. SJ is a very fast team, like Vegas. But they have top end talent to augment in with their three lines, Vegas doesn't. How does Vegas do it!? Vegas has been awful on everything not 5on5. With that said, W Karlsson has been unreal. What an amazing season that no one saw coming.

Gonna be interesting to see how Vegas rebounds if they lose this game.

Huge win for Boston today. Bergeron had a fantastic game. All over the ice. He and Kopi are the best two way C in the NHL.

Status
Not open for further replies.