2017-2018 NHL season

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trouty

Kellen Moore baby
Reaction score
I'll give it a shot today. Usually just stick to Atlantic based teams lately.
Montreal/Toronto/Ottawa have some interesting discussions.
2 out of the 3 are depressed and Toronto is on cloud 9 after JT.
Check out the "Season scoring prediction" thread that drew my ire and sent me here to vent. You'll know it's me when you read the thread :)

Trouty

Kellen Moore baby
Reaction score
Yup. Still venture to there and the NHL main forum.

Trying to cut back on the sarcasm/zingers to some ignorant posters over there.
Traversing HF is a skill, it's a very demanding forum. The Kings sub is very tight knit and I messed up when I first started posting there. Going in there as a Cowboys fan and seeing all the hate for a 2x champ GM in Lombardi, well, some didn't like it the way I was hellfire on defending him. I've earned some of that respect back, but there's still some that don't like me. And there's others that like my undying support for DL and my hot temper. The best members there, tho, I'm good with, and that's really all that matters. I also stick up for posters that don't post much, just because that sub is so ******* critical and daunting for new users.

John813

Reaction score
Traversing HF is a skill, it's a very demanding forum. The Kings sub is very tight knit and I messed up when I first started posting there. Going in there as a Cowboys fan and seeing all the hate for a 2x champ GM in Lombardi, well, some didn't like it the way I was hellfire on defending him. I've earned some of that respect back, but there's still some that don't like me. And there's others that like my undying support for DL and my hot temper. The best members there, tho, I'm good with, and that's really all that matters. I also stick up for posters that don't post much, just because that sub is so ******* critical and daunting for new users.

Never understood the hate for DL as an outsider. Dude took the team to the next level with his moves acquiring Carter and Richards.
GMs at one point will always make a mistake here and there, especially in the cap era where cup windows can be small. He was aggressive in making moves to get them to be contenders in the playoffs year after year. imo

HF Panthers ain't that bad, but it's has a lot smaller fanbase and we are desperate for new blood to keep it somewhat active lol

Derekmtl85

Reaction score
Yeah i'm new there and hesitate to post much for now until i get a good vibe of the Leafs forum.

As for the actual off-season, it has been pretty good for Leaf fans. Curious how Tavares will do with Marner. Marner is crazy good, will only get better. Our defense...ouch, though.

Trouty

Kellen Moore baby
Reaction score
Yeah i'm new there and hesitate to post much for now until i get a good vibe of the Leafs forum.

As for the actual off-season, it has been pretty good for Leaf fans. Curious how Tavares will do with Marner. Marner is crazy good, will only get better. Our defense...ouch, though.
Hey dude, this is what I'll tell yeah...

go in there, and just post. Like this awesome post you just made, go to their Roster thread and make it. Don't let those guys bring you down or make you feel lesser. I can't imagine how daunting the Leafs forum is, knowing how daunting my Kings forum is, and we have a 5th of your membership. I imagine their sub has about the same activity as this whole site. Still, dont let them bring you down, don't feel overwhelmed, and if you do, fake it till you make it. That's what I'm doing at my Kings sub.

And really, bro, that whole site is a slobber fest. It's pure who is cool with who. They aren't cool there to new members like we try to be here.

I wish some of those Kings fans were members here so I could light into them. The ones that think they're God's gift to hockey message boards (all of HF subs have those folks)

Derek, one thing, always feel safe posting here. I am following you now, if you ever feel attacked, or as if folks are treating you badly, give me a shout out with an "@" before my username, and I'll come in whatever the thread, whatever the topic, and have your back. Even if I don't agree with your take. CZ is the anti-HF.

I WISH some of those fools posted here.

Trouty

Kellen Moore baby
Reaction score

As for Tavares, what a HELL of a signing. You guys are rocking for taking him out of the West :)

(But also, I dont envy your GM when contracts are up for Nylander and Marner, esp Marner)

Derekmtl85

Reaction score
As for Tavares, what a HELL of a signing. You guys are rocking for taking him out of the West :)

(But also, I dont envy your GM when contracts are up for Nylander and Marner, esp Marner)
Heck yeah i'm pumped. And he said he will sign both and Matthews. Apparently they already know how to do it and that was part of the pitch to Tavares, that they wouldn't break up the young core.

And thanks for the other message buddy, i'm not worried or anything, i just rather not get into debates with people until i know if they are trolls or not. bahaha

Trouty

Kellen Moore baby
Reaction score
Not sold on Andersen?

Think he could be "good enough" with their firepower.
Just need the blueline to play better IMO.

That being said I hope he fails this year lol.
Andersen is a very serviceable goalie. Toronto could do much worse. And like you said, with that fwd group, he wont need to stand on his head.

With that said, Ducks did right to move on from that goalie-by-tandem experiment and give the reigns to Gibson (he just re-signed a contract extension, too). When healthy, Gibson is a top 3-5 goalie. Key words, when healthy :)

John813

Reaction score
Andersen is a very serviceable goalie. Toronto could do much worse. And like you said, with that fwd group, he wont need to stand on his head.

With that said, Ducks did right to move on from that goalie-by-tandem experiment and give the reigns to Gibson (he just re-signed a contract extension, too). When healthy, Gibson is a top 3-5 goalie. Key words, when healthy :)

I agree with the Gibson ranking.

Offseasons suck.

Glad it's TC/Ps for football but I need the real games (NFL/NHL) to hurry up lol.

phildadon86

Reaction score

Anderson is an elite goalie, the problem is he is facing too many shots a game. I dont care if you're Patrick Roy, you face over 40 shots a game and your GAA is going to be higher then someone facing 20-25

Trouty

Kellen Moore baby
Reaction score
Anderson is an elite goalie, the problem is he is facing too many shots a game. I dont care if you're Patrick Roy, you face over 40 shots a game and your GAA is going to be higher then someone facing 20-25
Negative. The more shots you face, the higher it raises your save percentage and goals against -- face 25 shots and let in 2, versus facing 40 and giving up one. It's one of main reasons why Jonathan Quick never has elite numbers while still probably a top 5 goalie. Kings D suffocates the opponents and wins the Corsi battle, and Quick will have given up two on 22 shots. Meanwhile, Henrik Lundqvist, for example, faces more shots and it pumps those numbers up.

Andersen is not elite, either, imo.

Status
Not open for further replies.