2017-2018 NHL season

Status
Not open for further replies.

John813

Reaction score
Most likely gonna be 8x11, John. It's been the Kings number one priority heading into July 1. Even more than the Ilya signing.

Glad to see the Kings keep him looonnng term. With Kovy there too, should be back to legit cup contenders.
I admit I wanted to see Kovy in Sunrise after watching him kill the Panthers year after year back when he was in Atlanta.

lukin2006

Reaction score
It's good to see Montreal do there usual nothing to get better ... maybe they will land Taverres ... lol ... not likely. Julien and Bergeron are terrible.

Trouty

Kellen Moore baby
Reaction score
So happy that the Sharks missed out on JT. Keep him the hell out of the West. Toronto has too many contracts coming up, they're gonna lose Marner who is looking for 10M aav. They need to trade a Nylander for a #1D. Now the rumor is SJ might be going after EK (Eklund, so take it with a grain of salt).

Imagine a blue line with Burns and Karlsson in SJ. Migosh.

John813

Reaction score
So happy that the Sharks missed out on JT. Keep him the hell out of the West. Toronto has too many contracts coming up, they're gonna lose Marner who is looking for 10M aav. They need to trade a Nylander for a #1D. Now the rumor is SJ might be going after EK (Eklund, so take it with a grain of salt).

Imagine a blue line with Burns and Karlsson in SJ. Migosh.

2 PPG blueliners on the same team.

Wonder if Dorion is willing to deal with Wilson seriously though after he flipped Hoffman back to the Atlantic?

I wanted JT out west, LOL, but going to be interesting on how the Leafs act with their young core in regards to their second contracts.

Trouty

Kellen Moore baby
Reaction score
Need more dominoes to fall to make both offseasons go faster.

Max Pac trade, Karlsson etc
Max Pac is for sure getting traded now, but do you think it happens before the deadline? Thank God the Kings signed Kovy cuz there was already a trade set up for Patches and it probably would've cost us Clague or Vilardi or JAD (our top prospects) and picks. He didn't let the trade go through because he wouldn't accept the sign and trade, rumors were 6x7, yuck. He fired his agent after that LOL. I think his numbers start to drop, I'd be leary of trading for him. I think some team will pull the trigger at the deadline. The Habs are coveting other team's centers.

Did you hear that Melynk shot down an EK to SJ trade that both GMs agreed to last trade deadline? He's killing that franchise, but also thank God it didn't go through!

John813

Reaction score
Max Pac is for sure getting traded now, but do you think it happens before the deadline? Thank God the Kings signed Kovy cuz there was already a trade set up for Patches and it probably would've cost us Clague or Vilardi or JAD (our top prospects) and picks. He didn't let the trade go through because he wouldn't accept the sign and trade, rumors were 6x7, yuck. He fired his agent after that LOL. I think his numbers start to drop, I'd be leary of trading for him. I think some team will pull the trigger at the deadline. The Habs are coveting other team's centers.

Did you hear that Melynk shot down an EK to SJ trade that both GMs agreed to last trade deadline? He's killing that franchise, but also thank God it didn't go through!

IMO Montreal would be smart to let him go now(potential lockerroom issues with the captain who wants to get out), but I guess it'll depend on offers they get.
Yea, Kings were way better off taking Kovy for "free" than trading for Max and giving up a key prospect.
Odds are Montreal will acquire another winger and force him to be a center lol.

Melynk needs to go. Ottawa has gone from up and coming to a perpetual rebuild tire fire. Cause of his lack of cash to spend on the team. Lost Turris and a first for Duchene. SMH

Heard Dallas and Tampa as other spots. Hope it's Dallas and not TBL, for obvious reasons.

Trouty

Kellen Moore baby
Reaction score
Hockey board has me in RED HOT bull in a China Shop mode right now.

There isn’t a more critical fan base than that of a hockey team. Posting on my Kings’ forum is an absolute exercise in patience, smarts, but most of all, futility.

It’s sad when I go to CZ to blow off steam.

Hockey fans keep you on your toes like football fans could never dream of. Not baseball, even. Not even close.

I am so ******* heated at my at-times-elitist hockey team’s fansite.

Anyone here feel the same? Is it because they are insufferable only following a single sport? Therefor, all their time and attention is dedicated to a single entity? I feel like it’s more than that. I can’t wrap my head around it, tho.

I feel like I’m stepping into some Manchester United pub when I go to talk simple *** Kings hockey.

Last edited:

Trouty

Kellen Moore baby
Reaction score
OMG I can’t describe how angry I am (to the one or two other folks still posting in here)

@John813 @lukin2006 is it the same for you, or is it seemless when you talk hockey at your boards?

John813

Reaction score
@Trouty

It's tough talking on the Panthers based forum. Some folks are still heated from arguments from 2016 when Tallon was "promoted" and the computer boys took over the GM duties. Lost some quality members after that debacle as they just stopped visiting that forum as things got personnel. The mods are alright and allow some venting on the forum so some can get stuff off their chest and move on.

Trouty

Kellen Moore baby
Reaction score
@Trouty

It's tough talking on the Panthers based forum. Some folks are still heated from arguments from 2016 when Tallon was "promoted" and the computer boys took over the GM duties. Lost some quality members after that debacle as they just stopped visiting that forum as things got personnel. The mods are alright and allow some venting on the forum so some can get stuff off their chest and move on.
Thanks for the feedback, my brudda

Trouty

Kellen Moore baby
Reaction score
@Trouty

Di you ever peak in the Kings forum, John?

Status
Not open for further replies.