2017-2018 NHL season

Status
Not open for further replies.

lukin2006

Reaction score
Giving Carey Price crazy contract was a mistake

I agree ... Montreal is in rebuild mode. If he can be traded, he should be traded...the only team that will take him is a contender who feels they are a goaltender away ... if Toronto has the cap room ... they might be the dance partner...they got depth in the farm system and picks that would interest Montreal...

Trouty

Kellen Moore baby
Reaction score
I agree ... Montreal is in rebuild mode. If he can be traded, he should be traded...the only team that will take him is a contender who feels they are a goaltender away ... if Toronto has the cap room ... they might be the dance partner...they got depth in the farm system and picks that would interest Montreal...
I doubt Toronto could swing Price's AAV with all the large contracts they already have, Lukin? As well as several upcoming high-aav extensions (Marner, Nylander [tho, Friedman is saying they aren't close on numbers with Nylander]).

Montreal would need to take salary back from Toronto, I don't think picks and prospects would do it cap-wise.

lukin2006

Reaction score
I doubt Toronto could swing Price's AAV with all the large contracts they already have, Lukin? As well as several upcoming high-aav extensions (Marner, Nylander [tho, Friedman is saying they aren't close on numbers with Nylander]).

Montreal would need to take salary back from Toronto, I don't think picks and prospects would do it cap-wise.

I did not think they’d have the cap room ... Montreal should try to trade him.

lukin2006

Reaction score

I rely on knowledgeable people like you Trouty to help navigate who has got the cap space to do what...I have never quite understood how the cap works in most sports. But when I think about it they will have trouble trading price because of his cap number. Another great decision by Bergevin ...

Trouty

Kellen Moore baby
Reaction score
Who are your rookie may-or-may-or-not stick?

John should be all over it. FLA is close. Young and close.

Vilardi is fighting back, and Kings fans are holding their breadth. There's nothing left in the OHL for him to prove. Plus Brickley, Peterson, and now a surging JAD. Clague (don't get me started on all these guys questioning his D prowess, all of a sudden "oh i watched Clague, etc...")

Vilardi is a top 5-10 C prospect depending on whom you believe.

A player with a nagging back injury, with top-10 C potential. His skating isn't what dropped him in the draft. His back. At 19 fighting a back injury...

lukin2006

Reaction score
Who are your rookie may-or-may-or-not stick?

John should be all over it. FLA is close. Young and close.

Vilardi is fighting back, and Kings fans are holding their breadth. There's nothing left in the OHL for him to prove. Plus Brickley, Peterson, and now a surging JAD. Clague (don't get me started on all these guys questioning his D prowess, all of a sudden "oh i watched Clague, etc...")

Vilardi is a top 5-10 C prospect depending on whom you believe.

A player with a nagging back injury, with top-10 C potential. His skating isn't what dropped him in the draft. His back. At 19 fighting a back injury...

19 and already have back problems is not good for a hockey player...

lukin2006

Reaction score
Steve Yzerman stepped aside as GM of the lightening. He is staying as a consultant. He wants to spend more time with his family. I am wondering if a move to the Wings is happening at some point...

John813

Reaction score
Steve Yzerman stepped aside as GM of the lightening. He is staying as a consultant. He wants to spend more time with his family. I am wondering if a move to the Wings is happening at some point...

Wow.
Big blow to the Lightning.

Good... good lol.

John813

Reaction score
:lmao2:

Ottawa is a mess, Steve is from Ottawa ... I would not rule out a job there.

Maybe, but they are a strapped cap team tire fire.
One thing if Melnyk was willing to spend money, but he's one of the cheapest owners in the league.

IMO he joins the Redwings next year.

Trouty

Kellen Moore baby
Reaction score
Wow.
Big blow to the Lightning.

Good... good lol.
Still trying to find it in my head how a GM is so overhyped never winning anything. Yay, he get's greats deals. In a state with zero St taxes in a league with a devastating (all guaranteed dollars) hard cap.

John813

Reaction score
Still trying to find it in my head how a GM is so overhyped never winning anything. Yay, he get's greats deals. In a state with zero St taxes in a league with a devastating (all guaranteed dollars) hard cap.

I hear ya.

Just admired him getting the Lightning back into contention while the Panthers well... Panther

Future

Intramural Legend
Reaction score
I would guess Seattle, as that aligns with the timing.

The ownership group presents to the NHL in the beginning of October, and new stadium construction is supposedly going to start in the beginning of November.

lukin2006

Reaction score
I would guess Seattle, as that aligns with the timing.

The ownership group presents to the NHL in the beginning of October, and new stadium construction is supposedly going to start in the beginning of November.

I do not see him on the west coast unless it president and GM...

Trouty

Kellen Moore baby
Reaction score
Sharks land EK. FMLife

EK and Burns on the blueline. Well, at least they have Vlasic to play D. But, still. Just gnarly.

Status
Not open for further replies.