2017-2018 NHL season

Status
Not open for further replies.

lukin2006

Reaction score
We just had a 4 page discussion on the whole McSorley stick incident not a week or two ago (at other site). Forgot what brought it up. I think it was the 25th anniversary of that Finals.

I remember Demers was heavily criticized at the time ... but I thought as a coach he was just using a tool in his coaching tool box. You know...I can not remember the last stick measurement I've seen in an NHL game...

Trouty

Kellen Moore baby
Reaction score
@Trouty I'm also a Tiger fan ... no WS since '84 ... the Celtics are on the upswing though. Hopefully Harbaugh will get the wolverines straightened out. At least I have my hometown OHL team the Windsor Spitfires...3 Memorial Cups in the last 10 years or so...and starting to load up with talent again.
Holy shyte, you got to watch Gabe Vilardi?? Have you seen him live? He's supposed to be Kopitar-lite. He'll be on our big club next year, as a 19 year old. He destroyed the OHL last year and into the playoffs once he joined Kingston. Many said he was the best 18 year old once he returned from injury.

Trouty

Kellen Moore baby
Reaction score
I remember Demers was heavily criticized at the time ... but I thought as a coach he was just using a tool in his coaching tool box. You know...I can not remember the last stick measurement I've seen in an NHL game...
There haven't been any. And everyone back then played with illegal blades. Hell, Marty used that same stick in the following games, saying he scored the tying goal in game 4 with it. LOL

The Habs told a police officer to look the other way while they measured 4 or 5 Kings' sticks. That police officer was a friend of Luc Robitaille and told him years later. It's no excuse to lose the series, but it stings and is a bit shady to many Kings fans to this day.

lukin2006

Reaction score
There haven't been any. And everyone back then played with illegal blades. Hell, Marty used that same stick in the following games, saying he scored the tying goal in game 4 with it. LOL

The Habs told a police officer to look the other way while they measured 4 or 5 Kings' sticks. That police officer was a friend of Luc Robitaille and told him years later. It's no excuse to lose the series, but it stings and is a bit shady to many Kings fans to this day.

It did not know. Thanks for the information. It was common for stick measurements then...

The Fonz

Correctamundo
Reaction score
That's why Montreal doesn't win anymore ... they no longer make good trades. I can't believe my 2 favourite sports have gone 25 plus years without a sniff of a championship ... argh.
Not many top players like to play for the Habs ( the currency issue) plus the Habs fixated on the coach has to be french. you limit yourself that way.I don;t see them wining any time soon.

John813

Reaction score
Not sure how I feel about acquiring Hoffmans GF.

Hoffman as a player? Hell yea. His crazy gf? Ehhhh
Poor Ottawa. Trades Mike out of the conference only to see SJ get a better return and put Hoffman back right into the same division.

Trouty

Kellen Moore baby
Reaction score
Not sure how I feel about acquiring Hoffmans GF.

Hoffman as a player? Hell yea. His crazy gf? Ehhhh
Poor Ottawa. Trades Mike out of the conference only to see SJ get a better return and put Hoffman back right into the same division.
Dude, I was gonna ask you what you thought of your moves today. I think you guys did wonderful! Hell, I'd take Hoffman's 30g/50pts on the Kings for a 2nd rndr alllll day. I'm scared to death, as a Kings fan, that SJ just cleared cap to land Tavares. Still, a good day for the Panthers, John. A lot of folks are saying you guys are on the up and up, and I couldn't agree more.

Hoffman needs to leave that psycho behind. Ottawa is a damned mess.

John813

Reaction score
Dude, I was gonna ask you what you thought of your moves today. I think you guys did wonderful! Hell, I'd take Hoffman's 30g/50pts on the Kings for a 2nd rndr alllll day. I'm scared to death, as a Kings fan, that SJ just cleared cap to land Tavares. Still, a good day for the Panthers, John. A lot of folks are saying you guys are on the up and up, and I couldn't agree more.

Hoffman needs to leave that psycho behind. Ottawa is a damned mess.

Cautiously optimistic, for once, since the 2015 season .

Expecting a player to leaver in a few days(Petrovic) but hoping they can nab a top 4 defenseman in fa.

Never would of expected JT91 going to SJS, but man looking like a real possibility now .

Trouty

Kellen Moore baby
Reaction score
John, Lukin, any others here, do y'all subscribe to The Athletic? I love it, and I've had it for a few months. We finally landed our LAK corespondent (the great Lisa Dillman). So stoked for her addition and having Kings coverage on the best sports publication in the business (for hockey), imo

John813

Reaction score
John, Lukin, any others here, do y'all subscribe to The Athletic? I love it, and I've had it for a few months. We finally landed our LAK corespondent (the great Lisa Dillman). So stoked for her addition and having Kings coverage on the best sports publication in the business (for hockey), imo

No, I don't. Have given it some thought since I believe Sturm is on there, but lately I feel like I get enough out of reading forums and what @LocimusPrime finds on twitter lol.
Hockey wise, not sure the Athletic would cover the Panthers lol. We had a good twitter user/HF member write up a lot of good articles up till last year, as he had some inside knowledge.

Trouty

Kellen Moore baby
Reaction score
Caps keep JCarlson.......8/64m

that Orpik trade to clear money and get a 2nd was perfect
Fantastic re-signing for you guys, Night. Carlson is a legit #1 and the Caps couldn’t lose him. I’m loving their off-season so far. You’ve got a great franchise to follow.

8M aav is a steal for Carlson. OEL and Subban both make more and signed their contracts earlier. Steal for such a beast as Carlson is. I thought he was for sure getting Subban mullah, bro — ~$9M+

Edit — OEL is @ 7M, I thought he was above 8. Still, that’s a bit of a hometown discount for the Caps and Carlson if you ask me. Maybe others here will think the money is right.

Nightman

Capologist
Reaction score
Fantastic re-signing for you guys, Night. Carlson is a legit #1 and the Caps couldn’t lose him. I’m loving their off-season so far. You’ve got a great franchise to follow.

8M aav is a steal for Carlson. OEL and Subban both make more and signed their contracts earlier. Steal for such a beast as Carlson is. I thought he was for sure getting Subban mullah, bro — ~$9M+

Edit — OEL is @ 7M, I thought he was above 8. Still, that’s a bit of a hometown discount for the Caps and Carlson if you ask me. Maybe others here will think the money is right.
You got me beat by 100 on the NHL......I know the Caps but not much else since I used to play EA Hockey on Sega with DET- Fedorov and Kovalev and CHI- Roenick or VAN- Bure

I know Carlson was a huge need ......him and Kuz were the heart of the Cup run

Nightman

Capologist
Reaction score
My understanding they would not pay him. He is worth Mike Babcock money. Coaches like Trotz are rare and he is a good one.
He got an automatic 2 year extension for winning the Cup but for around 2m a year

He got a little over 4m to coach the Islanders

He was on borrowed time after early exits the last few years and WAS didn't want to lock him in for another 5 years if they bowed out early again this year

Winning it all gives them all the space they need......Cap fans will be celebrating for 10 years

Status
Not open for further replies.