2017-2018 NHL season

Status
Not open for further replies.

lukin2006

Reaction score
I'm absolutely surprised that Vegas hasn't come back to earth. But Vegas has a very fast and exciting team to watch, they can score and play D.

Montreal needs a complete rebuild. I would start by trading Price, Patches, Galchenuk and Galgher (spelling) for prospects and picks...

Oh yeah, fire the GM and Coach...bring in some young up and coming coach...

John813

Reaction score
Price IMO won't return the value he brings to the team. His contract is quite expensive and that term has yet to begin.

They had a decent core and blew it. Don't know what the owners saw in Marc?
Trading Subban for Weber is going to bite them for a while too

John813

Reaction score
It looked good last year, but this trade is all bad now.

Yea, short term it made some sense, but Subban is younger, better contract and is a better skater.

They will have some much tied up into 30 year old players in Price and Weber but want to rebuild/retool too. good luck.

Trouty

Kellen Moore baby
Reaction score
Yea, short term it made some sense, but Subban is younger, better contract and is a better skater.

They will have some much tied up into 30 year old players in Price and Weber but want to rebuild/retool too. good luck.
2-3 years ago, the Habs were a quietly asscending team. Then it just collapsed in on em. Bad GM’ing and Price’s poor play (playoffs, too) probably the biggest reasons, no?

John813

Reaction score
2-3 years ago, the Habs were a quietly asscending team. Then it just collapsed in on em. Bad GM’ing and Price’s poor play (playoffs, too) probably the biggest reasons, no?

Way I see it too. They should of kept Radulov. Acquiring Drouin was fine, but they gave up a very good young cost controlled defenseman in the process.

lukin2006

Reaction score
Price IMO won't return the value he brings to the team. His contract is quite expensive and that term has yet to begin.

They had a decent core and blew it. Don't know what the owners saw in Marc?
Trading Subban for Weber is going to bite them for a while too

I agree, he won’t return the value ... but I don’t see them winning with him at this point. I’d still trade him.

Trouty

Kellen Moore baby
Reaction score
Way I see it too. They should of kept Radulov. Acquiring Drouin was fine, but they gave up a very good young cost controlled defenseman in the process.
Hey John, gg the other day, buddy. I watched the game. Horrible that we lost Lewis, but he should be back.

You guys played hard, brother. What’s the current pulse of the Panthers?

Trouty

Kellen Moore baby
Reaction score
I think that trade was made in the hopes Weber put them over the top for a cup run last year ....

But the trade looks bad now.
It does, which sucks for Weber, really. He’s always been a top 5-10 D. And he was having a good season before he got hurt. I read that a lot think he was robbed of a Norris due to a year where EK had a ton of assists (yay, points-type win as usual for EK).

Weber will be fine, but PK is in the driver’s seat for 2018 Norris, plus he’s on a team that ices 3 #1 D and and in the middle of their peak. They’re my favorites right now for the Cup. I’d be happy for PK, too.

But I’ve also read that Josi et al may take votes away from Subban. I don’t think that will happen, but if it gets Drew his second, let it happen!! :D I have PK 1 Drew 2 Hedman 3

John813

Reaction score
Hey John, gg the other day, buddy. I watched the game. Horrible that we lost Lewis, but he should be back.

You guys played hard, brother. What’s the current pulse of the Panthers?

I knew the Panthers wouldn't score again after Dadonov couldn't score on that "empty net".

They are bipolar. Just beat Edmonton 7-5.
Secondary scoring is too erratic. You can trust 3 forwards to put up points. Trocheck, Barkov and Huberdeau.
Giving away Marchy and Smith to Vegas killed our depth.
The rest go MIA for stretches at a time.
Ekblad at least is starting to pot more goals.

phildadon86

Reaction score
I think that trade was made in the hopes Weber put them over the top for a cup run last year ....

But the trade looks bad now.
That trade was bad from the beginning. They got rid of Subban for "character reasons" And then brought in Radulov. Subban has basically told everyone he was traded because of his colour. He obviously cant say that but its not hard to read between the lines. They should have traded Patches instead of Subban and quelled all that stuff, but it is what it is. I am very happy to be a leaf fan now, as all those years of Habs fans talking down to us has finally come to an end and now its time for us to return the favour. Enjoy the rest of the season.

lukin2006

Reaction score
That trade was bad from the beginning. They got rid of Subban for "character reasons" And then brought in Radulov. Subban has basically told everyone he was traded because of his colour. He obviously cant say that but its not hard to read between the lines. They should have traded Patches instead of Subban and quelled all that stuff, but it is what it is. I am very happy to be a leaf fan now, as all those years of Habs fans talking down to us has finally come to an end and now its time for us to return the favour. Enjoy the rest of the season.

You sound like an eagle fan...

lukin2006

Reaction score
It does, which sucks for Weber, really. He’s always been a top 5-10 D. And he was having a good season before he got hurt. I read that a lot think he was robbed of a Norris due to a year where EK had a ton of assists (yay, points-type win as usual for EK).

Weber will be fine, but PK is in the driver’s seat for 2018 Norris, plus he’s on a team that ices 3 #1 D and and in the middle of their peak. They’re my favorites right now for the Cup. I’d be happy for PK, too.

But I’ve also read that Josi et al may take votes away from Subban. I don’t think that will happen, but if it gets Drew his second, let it happen!! :D I have PK 1 Drew 2 Hedman 3

I agree with everything you said Trouty.

The only thing I’ll say in defence of the GM of is that he took a swing for the fences hoping it would lead to a cup...it just didn’t work out...

Vtwin

Safety third
Reaction score
And quietly my Boston Bruins, with a mix of youth and veteran core, have gotten healthy and overcome their slow start to climb within a point of the best record in the league.

Bergeron making a case for MVP and Rask for the Vezna.

Remarkable turnaround.

Trouty

Kellen Moore baby
Reaction score
@Trouty

Instead of EK, y'all got Phaneuf. Guess still could go after EK since LA shipped off Gaboriks deal in the process.

Also gave up Shore in the deal.
I don't like losing Shore. At all. He is a low-key excellent 4th C. Tenacious 200ft player.

If Gabby retires, we got annihilated in this trade. However, if Gabby is bought out, coupled with the 25% retention on Phaneuf's salary (OTT is eating ~$4 mil/AAV for 3 years if Gabby bought out + Dion's retention) while we get a player that actually plays for us, it's good for LA. I

If he is a mainstay in the top 4, it's a home run for us. If he's a solid 5/6 it's still a win. As long as Gabby doesn't retire.

Status
Not open for further replies.