2017 NBA Finals: Warriors vs Cavalier

jimmy40

Reaction score
I just want to see someone get knocked on their *** when they drive to the hoop so I'll know I'm watching the NBA and not the WNBA.
and get off my lawn

Manwiththeplan

Reaction score
Trade Love, Paul makes it apparent to IND that he's leaving (FA in 2019) so get something for him. LeBron can pull strings behind the scenes.

There's plenty of rumors surrounding George leaving this offseason, including the above scenario.

If I'm Indiana, there's no way I make that deal, whether he wants to leave or not. Plenty of teams with better assets that he would accept a trade to, like Boston or who ever.

Trouty

Kellen Moore baby
Reaction score
various.

GSW is a heck of a team. Deep as can be and loaded with guys who fit the system. Undeniably great in a great system.

LeBron has been as good this playoff run as anyone has ever been. Not saying he's better than anyone else, saying he's lacked nothing but better teammates. And he knew this was coming as he asked for another playmaker to be added all year.

Last night wasn't an accident. GSW plays hair on fire all game every game, They take off a half or game about once a month. LeBron has to work at a level beyond realistic given his age and size to keep the Cavs in the game.
J, he certainly was heading into the Finals, but he's disappointed this series (turnovers game one, lack of being a closer in game 3). Game two was probably his best game of the three, and they got blown out. Kyrie had a lot to do with the game 2 loss.

This team isn't firing on all cylinders at once, which was the only way they would have won (and the refs swallowing their whistles). JR has been bad, Korver inconsistent, even Love has missed some big shots that he needs to sink for them to have a shot.

LBJ is gonna shore up this squad this offseason if he sticks around. 3-5 just doesn't do it. And it (Finals record) will only get worse as he continues to get to the Finals and he has to face that juggernaut of a team.

Trouty

Kellen Moore baby
Reaction score
If I'm Indiana, there's no way I make that deal, whether he wants to leave or not. Plenty of teams with better assets that he would accept a trade to, like Boston or who ever.
Fair enough. Just floating a rumor I've heard plenty of. I was being a bit hyperbolic in the original post you replied to, as I was somewhat surprised to see the Cavs lose the game after all they had done to get the lead in the fourth.

DFWJC

Reaction score
Lebron passing it out to Korver on what seemed to be a powerful take to the hoop and Korver missing the 3 was the momentum swing.

Korver would then miss trhe quick redemption 3 on the following poss. Lebron just needed to either make that 2 or get fouled. Sometimes passing to the open man isn't the right choice.
Yeah...that was it right there.

LeBron kept doing it all game with Love too. And Love, who otherwise played well, was the master mason last night.:muttley:

benson

Reaction score
Yeah...that was it right there.

LeBron kept doing it all game with Love too. And Love, who otherwise played well, was the master mason last night.:muttley:

I don't understand. I don't remember who was in between him and the basket, but no one on Earth besides maybe Shaq in his prime is going to be able to adequately defend the basket in that situation. There is probably greater than 70% chance he gets fouled outright, >95% if he intentionally draws contact. Just take it to the hoop ***.

jterrell

Penguinite
Reaction score
J, he certainly was heading into the Finals, but he's disappointed this series (turnovers game one, lack of being a closer in game 3). Game two was probably his best game of the three, and they got blown out. Kyrie had a lot to do with the game 2 loss.

This team isn't firing on all cylinders at once, which was the only way they would have won (and the refs swallowing their whistles). JR has been bad, Korver inconsistent, even Love has missed some big shots that he needs to sink for them to have a shot.

LBJ is gonna shore up this squad this offseason if he sticks around. 3-5 just doesn't do it. And it (Finals record) will only get worse as he continues to get to the Finals and he has to face that juggernaut of a team.
Brother, he is averaging 32 points, over 12 rebounds, 10 assists, 1.3 steals, 1.3 blocks per game.
Asking anyone to do more is patently unfair. It's like asking a guy working 40 hours per week and kicking butt to start working 60 and expect him to maintain that same pace and make no mistakes.

Agree that this team isn't beating GSW as they are constructed so CLE needs to add another star scorer somehow someway.

jterrell

Penguinite
Reaction score
CLE can't foul because they have zero depth. GSW is actually the more physical team because they are fresher and have more depth.

I am sure they will trade young guys (that they must draft since they can't trade consecutive firsts) and even more future picks to get a star.

This series is why LeBron was aiming for Carmelo who is overpaid and not a true stud but can carry an offense while LBJ rests. I think he'd be the easiest target to go get. Likely a 3 way trade makes most sense to get more young guys/picks involved. PG makes a lot more sense in CLE than he does LAL. He's too old to play with a bunch of 18-20 year olds.

Trouty

Kellen Moore baby
Reaction score
Brother, he is averaging 32 points, over 12 rebounds, 10 assists, 1.3 steals, 1.3 blocks per game.
Asking anyone to do more is patently unfair. It's like asking a guy working 40 hours per week and kicking butt to start working 60 and expect him to maintain that same pace and make no mistakes.

Agree that this team isn't beating GSW as they are constructed so CLE needs to add another star scorer somehow someway.
I agree, he's been great (well, game 1 the turnovers stick out). Maybe I came across wrong, J.

Asking him to do more is a bit much, indeed. His team just isn't carrying their load (minus Kyrie last night).

I would've liked to see LeBron attack the paint last night as the fourth wound down, but he did do an awful lot get them in that position to win.

CalPolyTechnique

Reaction score
Should GSW go on to win the Title, they should be credited with overcoming the play of the single most useless player on the planet in Pachulia logging minutes.

jimmy40

Reaction score
I don't understand. I don't remember who was in between him and the basket, but no one on Earth besides maybe Shaq in his prime is going to be able to adequately defend the basket in that situation. There is probably greater than 70% chance he gets fouled outright, >95% if he intentionally draws contact. Just take it to the hoop ***.
Green was in front of him and Durant slid over in front of the hoop, he wasn't getting to the hoop, it was either hope for a foul or kick it out.

jterrell

Penguinite
Reaction score
Love to the Lakers, George to the Cavs, youth and filler to Indiana makes sense.

Trouty

Kellen Moore baby
Reaction score
Love to the Lakers, George to the Cavs, youth and filler to Indiana makes sense.
This would make this series next year so much more intriguing. Plus Love would be great in LA, I think, on a younger team with less expectations (even tho it is the Lake).

Really hope the Lakers land Ball.

visionary

Reaction score
What the Cavs need are:

More talent
Players that are committed to playing defense. Kyrie and Love are a joke
A real HC.

Cavs have a better roster than SA and they were blowing out GS before Kawhi got injured. They were doing it with rotation, ball movement and commitment to defense. This iso street ball that LeBron and Kyrie like, won't work against GS. GS wins not only because they have a great offense but because their superstars are committed to playing great defense

jterrell

Penguinite
Reaction score
This would make this series next year so much more intriguing. Plus Love would be great in LA, I think, on a younger team with less expectations (even tho it is the Lake).

Really hope the Lakers land Ball.
Ball, daddy aside, intriques me.
He's not very athletic by the otherwordly NBA standards and he has a funky looking shot (that goes in).
But he's a big, long pass first PG. Interesting for sure.

Russell is vastly overrated and just not very good; again by insane measure of elite NBA PG level. So I'd take Ball and trade Russell plus Randle.
If I could swap Russell, Randle and a crap overpaid filler guy for Love, I'd do that in a heartbeat.
I am sure they'd rather have PG but Love has his ring already and could chill in LAL as they rebuild.
He has some gifts they could use like his passing ability.

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
Immediately after game 3 Spurs contacted LeBron through back channels to come aboard and become a champion again... I hope. ;)

TellerMorrow34

BraveHeartFan
Reaction score
I am not a fan of the Warriors in the least.

I hate the fact that KD left to join a super team to get his ring, but I certainly understand why he did it.

I think Lebron is a great players, one of the best ever, but he's simply not nearly as good as Michael Jordan and it's not even close, at least not for my money.

All that said I can honestly say that because I'm so tired of everyone crying about how unfair Lebron is treated and everyone and their sister trying to come up with every excuse possible on sports shows for why we should all just accept that Lebron is the best player ever, because they tell us he is....I can say I'm really enjoying the fact that his team is getting blasted in the Finals. I really hope they get completely swept.

5 Finals losses, with this sweep (Especially if the Warriors can win by 19 or more again), and I'd like to think that will finally put to rest the argument from the media idiots that Lebron should be compared to MJ. Of course that one idiot on FS1, Nick whatever his name is, will still try and sell everyone on why Lebron is the best but I'm pretty sure anyone whose listened to that guy speak already knows that he's a complete idiot anyway.

Trouty

Kellen Moore baby
Reaction score
I am not a fan of the Warriors in the least.

I hate the fact that KD left to join a super team to get his ring, but I certainly understand why he did it.

I think Lebron is a great players, one of the best ever, but he's simply not nearly as good as Michael Jordan and it's not even close, at least not for my money.

All that said I can honestly say that because I'm so tired of everyone crying about how unfair Lebron is treated and everyone and their sister trying to come up with every excuse possible on sports shows for why we should all just accept that Lebron is the best player ever, because they tell us he is....I can say I'm really enjoying the fact that his team is getting blasted in the Finals. I really hope they get completely swept.

5 Finals losses, with this sweep (Especially if the Warriors can win by 19 or more again), and I'd like to think that will finally put to rest the argument from the media idiots that Lebron should be compared to MJ. Of course that one idiot on FS1, Nick whatever his name is, will still try and sell everyone on why Lebron is the best but I'm pretty sure anyone whose listened to that guy speak already knows that he's a complete idiot anyway.
Agreed! No one tops MJ! This Finals is further proof. MJ wouldn't have this, he wouldn't let his team have this.

And his name is Nick Wright, BHF :)